NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Who gives a damn how untalented he looks.  Give the kid a chance.  He is the goalline back on his team.  And if you think Jags won’t be able to score much, you haven’t been watching football.  Props to all who DRAFTED JaRob!  You smart Mfers. 

Edited by mikeyrawkin
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Some more hype for you guys.  From Playerprofiler.com - 

In order to make it in the NFL as an FCS Division I running back, a player better be an elite-level producer and/or athlete. Robinson is both. His senior campaign at Illinois State officially put him on the radar. He only caught 16 passes, but the team attempted just 268 across 15 games. His 48.7-percent College Dominator Rating, a 97th-percentile mark, is the best among all incoming rookie backs. He has elite burst and tremendous weight-adjusted agility. His 107.2 Athleticism Score is the best in this rookie class per the Data Analysis Tool, and No. 16 among all running backs in the entire database.

That fact that he stuck around the team for this long in an offseason where all UDFAs faced a steeper-than-usual uphill climb to make a roster should’ve been the warning flare in the sky for fantasy gamers. The time to acquire him in all formats is running out. Be on the right side of history.

Edited by kp96
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Some more hype for you guys.  From Playerprofiler.com - 

In order to make it in the NFL as an FCS Division I running back, a player better be an elite-level producer and/or athlete. Robinson is both. His senior campaign at Illinois State officially put him on the radar. He only caught 16 passes, but the team attempted just 268 across 15 games. His 48.7-percent College Dominator Rating, a 97th-percentile mark, is the best among all incoming rookie backs. He has elite burst and tremendous weight-adjusted agility. His 107.2 Athleticism Score is the best in this rookie class per the Data Analysis Tool, and No. 16 among all running backs in the entire database.

That fact that he stuck around the team for this long in an offseason where all UDFAs faced a steeper-than-usual uphill climb to make a roster should’ve been the warning flare in the sky for fantasy gamers. The time to acquire him in all formats is running out. Be on the right side of history.

If he goes for 100 yards week 1 this forum is going to lose it's mind. LETS GO

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm not going to comment on your specific situation as to avoid starting a wsis avalanche, but I will say he has the starting job and is going to be given every opportunity to run with it.

None of us know how he'll handle this opportunity or if the team will be so bad it won't matter. But again, he currently has the opportunity. That is HUGE in fantasy football. And we're going to immediately find out whether we can move on or ride this pony instead of waiting half a season. Fun hype aside, I don't think enough people are truly appreciating how valuable a situation we've got on our hands, even if there are real concerns. Outside of extremely small and shallow leagues, I think it's obvious he's a guy you HAVE to roster.

Yep, I know he has the starting job for us but I also know the talk around our team. Gruden likes him a lot but I also feel he is going to want to rotate backs pretty often, just from what I'm gathering.

Just now, jagsfan05 said:

Yep, I know he has the starting job for us but I also know the talk around our team. Gruden likes him a lot but I also feel he is going to want to rotate backs pretty often, just from what I'm gathering.

Who can he rotate with though?  Thompson on passing downs sure.  Everyone else is injured or just got signed a couple days ago.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:

Gruden doesnt rotate 1-2 down backs

8 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

who else can he rotate? 

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Who can he rotate with though?  Thompson on passing downs sure.  Everyone else is injured or just got signed a couple days ago.

True but Ozigbo can be back by Week 4 from my understanding and we just signed Ogunbowale. I just know my team and I hope I'm wrong but this could just be a murky situation and a true RBBC. Again, just my guess but no one knows for sure...I still might grab J-Rob tomorrow on waivers.

Edited by jagsfan05
3 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

True but Ozigbo can be back by Week 4 from my understanding and just signed Ogunbowale. I just know my team and I hope I'm wrong but this could just be a murky situation and a true RBBC....I still might grab J-Rob tomorrow on waivers.

Aa a jags man you think ogunbowale and ozigbo are contenders for more than breather snaps?

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Aa a jags man you think ogunbowale and ozigbo are contenders for more than breather snaps?

Obviously I'm not going to be one of these guys who pretends to know everything so let me first start off by saying that. I'm not sure at this point and I don't think anyone following this team knows. Just a lot of unknowns you know? But part of me just feels it could be a true RBBC. I hope I'm wrong and someone shines though.

41 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

The hype is around the fact that he has 3 weeks to essentially seize the job. If he looks good, they will likely ride with him for the season as the main volume guy at least on 1st and 2nd down. Even average RBs on bad teams can produce fantasy production with volume, just ask Leonard Fournette. Gruden+Minshew also is a plus factor for him given their usage of backs. If he looks bad, nothing significant was invested in JRob, and we can go back to our empty lives with a crashed hype train in tow 😪

Edited by Agmaniacmike
1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

True but Ozigbo can be back by Week 4 from my understanding and we just signed Ogunbowale. I just know my team and I hope I'm wrong but this could just be a murky situation and a true RBBC. Again, just my guess but no one knows for sure...I still might grab J-Rob tomorrow on waivers.

I think the real question is: is Robinson good?  Because if he is, the runways clear for him to get the same kind of volume Fournette did.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Everyone in this thread needs to watch this. I don’t have a specific timestamp for where to start, but his coach(es) can’t stop RAVING about this dude. Literally everything he does is money, including pass protection. And he’s a super high character guy. 

The leash is long with this young man, it has to be. Extreme upside!

Edited by FantaC!
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Thompson was brought in for that. He’s your first and 2nd down guy while the game is close. 

I'd say if they are tanking then why not give robinson every touch and let them see what they have.