NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Dembski84 said:

this confuses me and hopefully someone can explain. How does one be top 20 in half PPR but not full? The receptions don’t differ so the allocation of points is the exact same, just get an extra 0.5/reception in PPR

I thought the same thing but I never played in .5

14 minutes ago, Dembski84 said:

this confuses me and hopefully someone can explain. How does one be top 20 in half PPR but not full? The receptions don’t differ so the allocation of points is the exact same, just get an extra 0.5/reception in PPR

0.5 and 1 per catch is not the same thing. It's double the points for receptions. My guess it's he's borderline top 20 in half PPR. Like I said, I'm tempering my expectations.

12 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

What if the first girl I met was a prime Pamela Anderson? 

Look at her now and then remember what the man said.

Why marry prime pamela when over the course of your adult life you could have a dozen prime pamela's.

Don't question wisdom, just accept it.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Standard scoring for life! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

Half PPR where it's at. A catch shouldn't count for 10 yards. But also just getting fed pure volume runs all day isn't an accurate barometer of talent.

The Jaguars are expected to “continue to lean” on James Robinson.

Jags OC Jay Gruden said Robinson will be a “big part” of Sunday’s gameplan. Robinson was a workhorse in his debut, totaling 95 yards while handling all the carries. The Jaguars trust Robinson in pass protection and he had the longest play of the game on a 28-yard catch. Playing in what projects as a run-heavy gamescript against the Titans, Robinson should see a higher snap rate than last week’s 68 percent.  Tennessee allowed 5.2 YPC and a touchdown to Melvin Gordon in Week 1.

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The Jaguars are expected to “continue to lean” on James Robinson.

Jags OC Jay Gruden said Robinson will be a “big part” of Sunday’s gameplan. Robinson was a workhorse in his debut, totaling 95 yards while handling all the carries. The Jaguars trust Robinson in pass protection and he had the longest play of the game on a 28-yard catch. Playing in what projects as a run-heavy gamescript against the Titans, Robinson should see a higher snap rate than last week’s 68 percent.  Tennessee allowed 5.2 YPC and a touchdown to Melvin Gordon in Week 1.

Robinson_James.jpg.cf.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

does this guy have any pass catching upside, based on his history? did he actually run any routes this past week? starting him and just trying to figure our what i have in him as far as upside

his hands are like waffle irons

he ran a 4.94 forty

his 3 cone drill score was worse than Pat McAfee's

... upside? 

i think not 🤔

• Haha 1