NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Breesus said:

This sounds insane but it’s not. I’d take him over David Johnson, Ingram, Gurley, maybe even mixon etc. He looked really good today against a stout Titans run D. Schedule softens up a lot the next few weeks on paper.

Game script in Cin is looking like it’ll be Mixon’s issue. But yes—there’s not a situation I like more than his among the names you listed.

i didn’t buy the “they got rid of Fournette because they knew what they had in Robinson” narrative. But—he seems like an above average talent, and will get 15 touches a week. 

Small sample so far—but against two plus defenses, he’s shown serviceable if not impressive  

The extrapolation game is a s---y one most of the time—but 80 rush/20receiving with .5 TD a game has us finishing with 

1280/360/8 puts him at 212 std points.

Or RB9 last year.

• Like 1

Just now, RevisAteMyQB said:

Game script in Cin is looking like it’ll be Mixon’s issue. But yes—there’s not a situation I like more than his among the names you listed.

i didn’t buy the “they got rid of Fournette because they knew what they had in Robinson” narrative. But—he seems like an above average talent, and will get 15 touches a week. 

Small sample so far—but against two plus defenses, he’s shown serviceable if not impressive  

The extrapolation game is a s---y one most of the time—but 80 rush/20receiving with .5 TD a game has us finishing with 

1280/360/8 puts him at 212 std points.

Or RB9 last year.

I think the biggest concern was the thought that this was going to be a tanking team, throwing the season, ready to start over. But Minshew has come out very impressive, keeping the Jags in games. Now JRob is looking like a soon-to-be household name, and potentially a top 10 RB pick next year. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I think the biggest concern was the thought that this was going to be a tanking team, throwing the season, ready to start over. But Minshew has come out very impressive, keeping the Jags in games. Now JRob is looking like a soon-to-be household name, and potentially a top 10 RB pick next year. 

He’ll be a juicy pick at the turn for a lot of people. Hoping the usage and situation can persist. Minshew makes this live or die. 

5 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Dang i wish i saw the game this afternoon and totally wished I had put him in my lineup! He's never coming off. Gonna ride him till the wheels fall off!!

He's got some burst through the hole. I love how the two guys on his td run dive for him as he comes out of the hole but are too late. He seems to have a knack for finding the hole and making guys miss. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan

4 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Dang, I sold him for Mark Ingram. He looks like baller and seems to have a safer floor.

Should not have listened to experts, everyone was advising to sell high.

Experts are wrong every year. I saw several experts on podcasts this week hyping up Hines and we all know how that turned out. 

• Like 3