NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

There is a non zero chance he's Alfred Morris.

There is also a non zero chance he's the dude you cut to pickup a backup defense next week.

Probably more fun than waiting to see if some other RB gets injured so you can cash in on the handcuff you've got stowed away on your bench or hoping that the third down back you have is going to be on a team that gets blown out that week though.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

There is a non zero chance he's Alfred Morris.

There is also a non zero chance he's the dude you cut to pickup a backup defense next week.

Probably more fun than waiting to see if some other RB gets injured so you can cash in on the handcuff you've got stowed away on your bench or hoping that the third down back you have is going to be on a team that gets blown out that week though.

Could you speak English please?

• Haha 2

Just now, gbill2004 said:

WTF is up with the non-zero crap?  Can you just speak English? 

That is an English expression.

Sorry if my having used a term you're not familiar with was offensive.  It wasn't my intention, I understood it to be fairly common.

• Like 3

Just now, BrianM said:

Non-zero means "its possible"..........he's not disseminating a mutiplex nomenclature or anything here.  Alleviate your trepidation

LOL, thanks.  I guess I should have just posted the GIF of Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber going, "so you're saying there's a chance?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Non-zero means "its possible"..........he's not disseminating a mutiplex nomenclature or anything here.  Alleviate your trepidation

Then just say "it's possible". Why use a term the majority of the population doesn't understand? I guarantee if I used that term at work or with my friends I get strange looks of confusion, followed by laughter for trying to look smart. 

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Then just say "it's possible". Why use a term the majority of the population doesn't understand? I guarantee if I used that term at work or with my friends I get strange looks of confusion, followed by laughter for trying to look smart. 

I have no idea what percentage of people understand the words I use.  I just use them.  If you don't understand, I'm sorry, I can define them for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

It's a very common phrase. Beyond that it would be pretty easy to piece together the meaning even if you hadn't heard it before.  If you and your coworkers don't understand it that's on you. 

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Baur10 said:

It's a very common phrase. Beyond that it would be pretty easy to piece the together meaning even if you hadn't heard it before.  If you and your coworkers don't understand it that's on you. 

It's not a common phrase at all. I've never heard it in day-to-day conversation or in a business setting in my life.

And now it's my fault that my co-workers don't understand what "non-zero" means?  

Is this guy for real? 🤔

• Haha 1