NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Non zero is a VERY common phrase.  What type of work do you do?

So apparently JR was indeed named the starter, just saw the blurb...

Technically he wasn’t ‘named’ the starter in the sense people here want. They just posted a depth chart. Could easily still be planning for an even split between Robinson, Ozigbo and CT. However, it obviously looks good to be listed at 1 rather than 2. 

Nonzero = extremely common. Robinson = must add. Basically, the same thing as Antonio gibson who everyone is falling all over themselves to grab. 

Disclaimer: don't kill me thread. I realize that they're extremely extremely different players. But their fantasy prospects are almost identical. Bad team, bad o line, uncertain role, rookie, crowded backfield. Gibson is more talented, we think. That's the only difference

• Like 3

So food for thought, although we're all in agreement the Jaguars look awful, they weren't exactly world beaters last year at 6-10.  And Fournette ran for 1152 and caught 522 for them.  Thompson will obviously cut into the receiving yardage.  But even for a bad team there's opportunity if he runs with it.

3 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Nonzero = extremely common. Robinson = must add. Basically, the same thing as Antonio gibson who everyone is falling all over themselves to grab. 

Disclaimer: don't kill me thread. I realize that they're extremely extremely different players. But their fantasy prospects are almost identical. Bad team, bad o line, uncertain role, rookie, crowded backfield. Gibson is more talented, we think. That's the only difference

Nonzero might be a common expression, but it doesn’t mean the possibility is very likely or common. It means it’s possible, probably on the order of small percentages, but still less likely but not willing to say it’s actually 0% and no chance at all. 

Antonio Gibson and Robinson are in no way in the same situation other than the presumed starter got thrown to the curb. Gibson is the pass catching back and also looks like he might get first and second downs.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Antonio Gibson and Robinson are in no way in the same situation other than the presumed starter got thrown to the curb. Gibson is the pass catching back and also looks like he might get first and second downs.

As I stated in my original post, they extremely different players. I understand that. Everyone does. But their fantasy prospects are the same, just inverted.  Gibson catches passes and might rush. Robinson runs and might catch (marrone said he could play all 3)  so they are very much "in the same situation" which is, we have no idea but things look potentially promising

1 minute ago, jkendrick2 said:

and what of James Robinson?

I put in a waiver claim but only for a buck. I see this as an RBBC mess this season and Armstead is expected back at some point too, further complicating things. 

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I put in a waiver claim but only for a buck. I see this as an RBBC mess this season and Armstead is expected back at some point too, further complicating things. 

Question is would you use your top wavier for him or not? 

FWIW:

The Jaguars' official website lists James Robinson as the team's starting running back. Analysis: Robinson is followed by Devine Ozigbo and Chris Thompson as of now. It's important to note that we shouldn't take too much away from this as interns usually handle these online depth charts - not head coaches. Still, it's a reminder that Robinson is an interesting late-round pick in fantasy drafts this week. The 22-year-old out of Illinois State went undrafted this spring.

Don’t take these depth charts seriously right now.  Dede Westbrook is the WR5 and Mike Gesicki on the Dolphins is listed as the TE2 on the depth chart.

5 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Question is would you use your top wavier for him or not? 

There are only gonna be 32 starting RBs in the league.  By definition, even if you count passing down backs, if he keeps the job he's gonna be top 40, with a chance for something more significant.  That to me is worth using it now and seeing if you come back around during the season.