NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

RB's I would 100% take ahead of JRob:

Kamara, Zeke, Jones, Cook, CMac, Henry

Probably:

Carson, Hunt, CEH

50/50:

Jacobs, Conner, Mixon (line stops here)

I would agree with the top row completely. The rest are, as you indicated, a little muddier.

I own Carson, Hunt, and JRob... In PPR they're the #s 5, 6, and 7 scoring backs so far this season. If I didn't own the other two, I might be hard pressed to pass on Hunt. But Carson is about equal to me, and I'm not sure if I'd take CEH or not. Smart money is on CEH so I probably would, but I'd be nervous lol.

And I wouldn't take any from the bottom row.

Edited by JAG_challam

The current odds for the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year: 

1. QB Joe Burrow 3/1

2. RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire 4/1

3. RB James Robinson 7/1

4. RB Jonathan Taylor 9/1

5. WR Justin Jefferson 11/1

6. WR CeeDee Lamb 11/1

7. QB Justin Herbert 19/1

8. WR Jerry Jeudy 32/1

9. FIELD: 11/1

Through four games, Robinson has rushed 60 times for 285 yards (4.8 yards per attempt) and three touchdowns, while also catching 14 passes for 161 yards (11.5 yards per reception). 

• Like 1
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

1. QB Joe Burrow 3/1

3. RB James Robinson 7/1

6. WR CeeDee Lamb 11/1

8. WR Jerry Jeudy 32/1

Through four games, Robinson has rushed 60 times for 285 yards (4.8 yards per attempt) and three touchdowns, while also catching 14 passes for 161 yards (11.5 yards per reception). 

I have 3 of them on my redrafter lol. Once you adopt a dynasty mindset it's tough to get away from that thinking.

Nice to see Robinson getting some love here. Robinson is easily the biggest factor to his team, with maybe only Burrow challenging him in that regard.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

1. QB Joe Burrow 3/1

3. RB James Robinson 7/1

6. WR CeeDee Lamb 11/1

8. WR Jerry Jeudy 32/1

Man Herbert at 19/1 is some sweet action...as long as Lynn doesn't give the job back to Tyrod, I think Herbert has a shot.

• Like 3

Figured I would pass this along regarding comments made by Gruden today:

"He had a couple really strong runs last week where we didn't get to everybody, but he made two people miss in the hole and had some positive runs down the field and in the holes for three, four-yard gains between the tackles, outside the tackles," Gruden said. "I think we can be more creative with him, get him some more balls out in space.

"The more we give him, the more he seems to perform. He seems to exceed our expectations, so it's our job to make sure we continue to utilize him and go from there."

Robinson has averaged 15 carries per game, with his carries limited at times. The Jaguars have trailed by 10 or more points in the second half of their last three games and have therefore passed more in the second half. Robinson has 34 first-half carries and just 26 in the second half.

"That's the goal," Gruden said. "We have to put ourselves in that position. That means we have to start faster, finish some drives, and keep the game in reach where we can use him for 60 minutes, not just 25 or 30, so we're excited to see that. He's done nothing but impress us in every way, shape, or form, so I'd love to get him some more touches and those will come in the third and fourth quarter."

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Figured I would pass this along regarding comments made by Gruden today:

"He had a couple really strong runs last week where we didn't get to everybody, but he made two people miss in the hole and had some positive runs down the field and in the holes for three, four-yard gains between the tackles, outside the tackles," Gruden said. "I think we can be more creative with him, get him some more balls out in space.

"The more we give him, the more he seems to perform. He seems to exceed our expectations, so it's our job to make sure we continue to utilize him and go from there."

Robinson has averaged 15 carries per game, with his carries limited at times. The Jaguars have trailed by 10 or more points in the second half of their last three games and have therefore passed more in the second half. Robinson has 34 first-half carries and just 26 in the second half.

"That's the goal," Gruden said. "We have to put ourselves in that position. That means we have to start faster, finish some drives, and keep the game in reach where we can use him for 60 minutes, not just 25 or 30, so we're excited to see that. He's done nothing but impress us in every way, shape, or form, so I'd love to get him some more touches and those will come in the third and fourth quarter."

This is music to my ears. And if by getting him the ball in space Gruden means more screens and laterals, we may be looking at a bona fide PPR STUD in the making.

Where did the Foster comps start showing up? Page 15 or 20? Something like that?

• Like 1

Baby Chark went beast mode last week. I think that was sorely needed for the offense. 

I think HOU will play hard to show the O'Brien firing was correct, but really hoping JAX can get the W for the confidence of this young team. Here's to a big game for the offense and JRob taking over. LFGoooo

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Who are people cuffing him with?

Could be wrong.  But not a situation where I would use a spot with a cuff.  Only a few RB's where I would consider using a spot on their cuff Zeke, Kamara, Cooks and maybe Jones(williams has put up good numbers when he went down in past).  Besides those guys most teams will go with a RB by committee.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Baby Chark went beast mode last week. I think that was sorely needed for the offense. 

I think HOU will play hard to show the O'Brien firing was correct, but really hoping JAX can get the W for the confidence of this young team. Here's to a big game for the offense and JRob taking over. LFGoooo

While I agree that they’re gonna play hard, they’re still being coached by Crennel so there’s a hard ceiling.

1 minute ago, KingUles said:

The more we give him, the more he seems to perform. We have to keep the game where we can use him for 60 minutes. I'd love to get him more touches and those will come in the third and fourth quarter.” 

Jaguar's OC Jay Gruden

🤤

Scroll up. I already posted this on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Johnny_Sapphire said:

I know i'm smoking crazy beans for our lord and savior, but is there any semi-concern that Houston slangs it around and get up quick and Minshew plays catchup?

Trying to decide between him and a few other top RBs... Please someone put me in my place so I can stop worrying

Read above.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Johnny_Sapphire said:

I know i'm smoking crazy beans for our lord and savior, but is there any semi-concern that Houston slangs it around and get up quick and Minshew plays catchup?

Trying to decide between him and a few other top RBs... Please someone put me in my place so I can stop worrying

You can run and score quick on Houston.  Houston gives up a league worst 162.8 rushing yards to running backs per game.  The next worst is The Lions at 147.5 and then Dallas at 136 yards to RBs per game.

So that being said JRob should be ripping off big runs even if they get down 2 scores.

12 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

You can run and score quick on Houston.  Houston gives up a league worst 162.8 rushing yards to running backs per game.  The next worst is The Lions at 147.5 and then Dallas at 136 yards to RBs per game.

So that being said JRob should be ripping off big runs even if they get down 2 scores.

Thank you. So even if Houston gets up, Jax can run it down their throat to catch up knowing this.