NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

howzabout the 50+ comes on a reception?  i'm slammin' the livin' bejeeeebus outta the ovah on that one. 

giphy.gif

Over on his 67 rushing yards prop bet.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Hypothetical 😉 if he runs for 150+ 2TDs and a few catches will he finally get the respect on his name from these professional rankings? They totally disrespect him STILL. None in the top 5 and most 8-15 range. It makes me sick they get paid for blind terrible knowledge

All the reports coming out of TC.

The LF release.

The GM interview.

Coach comments.

Coordinator comments.

All off-season, the writing was on the wall. And a lot of us saw it; even though every single one of these "experts" whiffed. So to give him his rightful position in their rankings now is tantamount to them admitting they didn't see this coming. Are you surprised he's not getting the respect he deserves at this point?

And if you think the rankings for this week are bad, you should have a look at the ROS rankings. FantasyPros (just as a single example) still has Melvin goddamn Gordon ranked above JRob ROS. I like Gordon well enough - but there's no way his ROS is even close to JRob's lol

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

All the reports coming out of TC.

The LF release.

The GM interview.

Coach comments.

Coordinator comments.

All off-season, the writing was on the wall. And a lot of us saw it; even though every single one of these "experts" whiffed. So to give him his rightful position in their rankings now is tantamount to them admitting they didn't see this coming. Are you surprised he's not getting the respect he deserves at this point?

And if you think the rankings for this week are bad, you should have a look at the ROS rankings. FantasyPros (just as a single example) still has Melvin goddamn Gordon ranked above JRob ROS. I like Gordon well enough - but there's no way his ROS is even close to JRob's lol

That's a good point... and to think all they had to do was open this thread to get on the hype rocket known as Flames RB1NSON!!!

Just for the record, to all those who are saying they liked this guy so much they got rid of Fournette....

It took a Fournette trade, Ogunbowale injury, and Armstead (who was originally going to start) hitting the COVID list. Props to him for running with it though, but the original mindset was a committee of CT and Armstead week 1. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, A27K said:

Just for the record, to all those who are saying they liked this guy so much they got rid of Fournette....

It took a Fournette trade, Ogunbowale injury, and Armstead (who was originally going to start) hitting the COVID list. Props to him for running with it though, but the original mindset was a committee of CT and Armstead week 1. 

I don't even understand this logic. 

1)The GM came out and said James Robinson's play made them comfortable with releasing Fournette. They spent all off-season unsuccesfully trying to trade him, but didn't feel comfortable releasing him until they saw Robinson in camp. 

2) Armstead literally spent a week practicing in camp. He spent the first 3 weeks on the COVID list, came back for a week, then got thrown back on the list. There were reports that he was going to back up anyway due to missing so much time. Can't imagine an NFL coaching staff was planning on relying on the Ryquell Armstead COVID show after missing virtually all of camp.

3) Some of the beat reports assumed Ozigbo would start, but nothing was written in stone. Can't say I trust it wholeheartedly, but the Jags did list Robinson #1 on their depth chart after camp.

Honestly I think you're missing what could've been your best point for your argument, which is after Fournette was released they brought Devonta Freeman in for a visit. Ultimately, they couldn't get a deal done. Easily could've been because they weren't promising him a role as big as he wanted, though.

4 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I don't even understand this logic. 

1)The GM came out and said James Robinson's play made them comfortable with releasing Fournette. They spent all off-season unsuccesfully trying to trade him, but didn't feel comfortable releasing him until they saw Robinson in camp. 

2) Armstead literally spent a week practicing in camp. He spent the first 3 weeks on the COVID list, came back for a week, then got thrown back on the list. There were reports that he was going to back up anyway due to missing so much time. Can't imagine an NFL coaching staff was planning on relying on the Ryquell Armstead COVID show after missing virtually all of camp.

3) Some of the beat reports assumed Ozigbo would start, but nothing was written in stone. Can't say I trust it wholeheartedly, but the Jags did list Robinson #1 on their depth chart after camp.

Honestly I think you're missing what could've been your best point for your argument, which is after Fournette was released they brought Devonta Freeman in for a visit. Ultimately, they couldn't get a deal done. Easily could've been because they weren't promising him a role as big as he wanted, though.

GM didn't say it until after Armstead hit the COVID list and Ozigbo was injured. Starting Robinson was their last resort which ended up working out for them. (Meant to edit the first post Ozigbo not Ogunbowale) and if anything you've proved the point further by saying they didn't feel comfortable enough with Robinson to try out Freeman as well. 

Armstead was listed as #1 on the chart with Ozigbo behind him originally. The next update was Robinson with CT behind him.

Edited by A27K
40 minutes ago, A27K said:

Dude it’s week 5 get over it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, collucho said:

James Robinson has earned the RB1 slot on my team. Sorry Zeek gotta step your game up.

Not 100% sure if this is serious or jest... But it may not matter soon. If JAX commits to JRob more in the back half of games, if they bump up his screens/laterals/dump offs as they've hinted they are going to - then I think JRob has top 3-5 upside ROS.

Edit to add: And fwiw Zeke's numbers have been coming in large part from increased pass game usage. His numbers on the ground so far have been less than stellar.

Edited by JAG_challam
4 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Not 100% sure if this is serious or jest... But it may not matter soon. If JAX commits to JRob more in the back half of games, if they bump up his screens/laterals/dump offs as they've hinted they are going to - then I think JRob has top 3-5 upside ROS.

Edit to add: And fwiw Zeke's numbers have been coming in large part from increased pass game usage. His numbers on the ground so far have been less than stellar.

That ugly Ewok looking mofo ain't got nothing on JRob. His glory days are over. 

14 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I'm dead fckin serious bro.

image.png.824779454570b845aa408415d6fbf4a1.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, collucho said:

I'm dead fckin serious bro.

image.png.824779454570b845aa408415d6fbf4a1.png

The RB1/RB2 slots are meaningless. But kudos. Really comes down to how you treat JRob vs your RB2/RB3/RB4. And if JRob is getting a slot every week he has become your RB1/RB2.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

The RB1/RB2 slots are meaningless. But kudos. Really comes down to how you treat JRob vs your RB2/RB3/RB4. And if JRob is getting a slot every week he has become your RB1/RB2.

Joke went right over your head. - #134142848 added by euskippy at Who would  win?

23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This guy is better than Fournette. It's crazy!

The team told us that before the season with their words... and then again with their actions when they cut Fournette.

I wouldn't overreact to this game... forcing him to QB and then fumble on that 4th down play killed his momentum that game. Not to mention they had to air it out for 2 quarters. He's still going to get good volume week to week and play a role in the receiving game, which is always what you want in PPR.

Edited by harck