NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Been reading up and watching a lot of his videos leading up to the draft. He was super bummed he didn’t get selected but eventually got the call from Jags runningback coach to join.  Kid is hungry!

He runs tough and has a nose for the endzone.  That’s his forte, loves getting touchdowns.  With Armstead sidelined for a few weeks, JaRob can be that 1&2 down bruiser. I snatched him up literally last pick during my draft and I recommend y’all do too. Not saying he’s Kamara, but more like rookie Alfred Morris that year in Washington. Remember, if Jags were OK letting Lenny go—they must have seen something in their group of RBs to pull the final trigger.  Good luck!

1 minute ago, mikeyrawkin said:

Been reading up and watching a lot of his videos leading up to the draft. He was super bummed he didn’t get selected but eventually got the call from Jags runningback coach to join.  Kid is hungry!

He runs tough and has a nose for the endzone.  That’s his forte, loves getting touchdowns.  With Armstead sidelined for a few weeks, JaRob can be that 1&2 down bruiser. I snatched him up literally last pick during my draft and I recommend y’all do too. Not saying he’s Kamara, but more like rookie Alfred Morris that year in Washington. Remember, if Jags were OK letting Lenny go—they must have seen something in their group of RBs to pull the final trigger.  Good luck!

Honestly the next Alf would be pretty dope.

My primary concern at this point is that the Jags won't be able to stay in games long enough to give him that kind of volume.  Of course, he'll have something to do with it if they exceed expectations.  Guess we'll see.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Honestly the next Alf would be pretty dope.

My primary concern at this point is that the Jags won't be able to stay in games long enough to give him that kind of volume.  Of course, he'll have something to do with it if they exceed expectations.  Guess we'll see.

If they decide to use him in passing game we have a possible stud in the making.  This backfield is luckily wide open and he's got the opportunity to seize it.

• Like 1
Just now, JetsAwesome said:

If they decide to use him in passing game we have a possible stud in the making.  This backfield is luckily wide open and he's got the opportunity to seize it.

He'll have to catch some passes for sure.

I think given Gruden and Thompson's relationship it's hard to see them leaving him on the field on 3rd down and in the hurry up.

The big question for me is how often that happens.  IMO, a bet on Robinson is a bet on the Jags defense surprising people, to an extent.

7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Isn't james robinson emerging unexpectedly?

Not really, no? I mean we know nothing about this guy at all except that he was listed as the starter on the internet for an offense that could be legit awful. How could he have emerged without a single second of football being played?

This could potentially be the worst RBBC in football we have absolutely no idea. This team is going to be in catch up mode all season long so the game script will favour Thompson in most scenarios. They're likely not gonna be able to sustain many drives unless Haskins takes a huge step forward which I'll believe when he shows me, I'm not sure how this dude can be used if they're getting blown out constantly. Combine that with almost no information on the guy at the NFL level and ultimately no, this dude has not emerged I think that's obvious.

Edited by !!!
5 minutes ago, !!! said:

Not really, no? I mean we know nothing about this guy at all except that he was listed as the starter on the internet for an offense that could be legit awful. How could he have emerged without a single second of football being played?

This could potentially be the worst RBBC in football we have absolutely no idea. This team is going to be in catch up mode all season long so the game script will favour Thompson in most scenarios. They're likely not gonna be able to sustain many drives unless Haskins takes a huge step forward which I'll believe when he shows me, I'm not sure how this dude can be used if they're getting blown out constantly. Combine that with almost no information on the guy at the NFL level and ultimately no, this dude has not emerged I think that's obvious.

I think you meant Minshew instead of Haskins.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, !!! said:

You contradict yourself pretty quickly here, unless an unexpected emergence has a different meaning to you

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Heizz said:

What round is this dude falling in (12team)?

I did an 18 round 12 team draft last night, and I was able to grab him at round 17 (pick 201), which was my last bench spot before I took a kicker.

I don’t think he was on anybody else’s radar, so he may go slightly higher in current drafts, but I think he’ll probably still fall to the last 1-2 rounds in most drafts unless someone reaches. I think a lot of his hype is just the fact that people who’ve already drafted were able to pick him up off waivers for free.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

You contradict yourself pretty quickly here, unless an unexpected emergence has a different meaning to you

No I dont think I do, you cant emerge before the season starts, are all practice squad players guys who are an injury away from emerging?

Originally my point was to save your #1 waiver priority for someone that will emerge in the first few weeks of the season because we havent seen any exhibition games or coverage from camps or really any tape at all, it's obviously a very weird year. This guy is a lottery ticket, not an emerging talent he has to show that when the games start.

My point still stands, I wouldnt burn my #1 waiver on a completely unproven starter on a bad offense that will be throwing a ton, with the predicted starter potentially coming back soon. This is coming from a guy that scooped him up for free in 2 leagues so whatever I'm hyped too but let's wait to see literally anything before we say hes 'emerged'.

5 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

I think you meant Minshew instead of Haskins.

Right my bad, my point still stands though.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Someone threw down a ton of FAAB in my league and outbid me for him. I'm pretty sure that means he's going to go nuclear now. Oh well. Enjoy the ride boys!

I'm happy to have grabbed him late in my draft but I wouldn't have blown all my FAAB on the guy if it makes you feel any better. 

Hopefully this take ages poorly.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

I'm happy to have grabbed him late in my draft but I wouldn't have blown all my FAAB on the guy if it makes you feel any better. 

Hopefully this take ages poorly.

I luckily snagged him for $0. We will see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Two of the greatest fantasy RBs off all time were undrafted: Priest Holmes and Arian Foster.

Not saying this guy is either of them but it helps with perspective because neither recieved fanfare and it didn't matter. 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Someone threw down a ton of FAAB in my league and outbid me for him. I'm pretty sure that means he's going to go nuclear now. Oh well. Enjoy the ride boys!

Went in round 11 of my 12 team half ppr, start 2 flex...so he's definitely in Joshua Kelley territory (I own both lol) 

33 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

The Jaguars defense isn't that bad. I don't buy the notion that they're going to be down 42-0 at halftime of every game. The defense will keep them in some games, not all, but some. This would help James Robinson.

Agreed. They're mid tier with upside. Early on no one is going to think to stack the box on Robinson. We'll get a sense of what he is this season early on, I think.

37 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

The Jaguars defense isn't that bad. I don't buy the notion that they're going to be down 42-0 at halftime of every game. The defense will keep them in some games, not all, but some. This would help James Robinson.

They were a good defense 2 seasons ago fantasy wise. They had 1 less int last year and their sacks went up. They allowed something like 50 more points than they did in 2018. 

As far as the tanking thing goes, people really have short memories. Remember just last season, when everyone said Miami was tanking by trading their good players? And they looked like a high school team for the first four games? We all saw how that turned out. They went 5-4 in their final nine games with a pretty pathetic roster. There was some fantasy value though. Preston early on before he got injured, Parker, Gesecki, hell even Fitzpatrick had a few really nice games.  Bottom line is, these guys play hard and have a lot of pride. The Jags may very well go 1-15 and be the worst team we've ever seen, but the odds are that they'll find a way to win a few games, and Robinson may be one of the diamonds in the rough that provide some real fantasy value. I know I'm pretty happy to have gotten him really late in one league.

• Like 2