Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

He looks like Derrick Henry light. Trucking grown men out the way. I love that running style. He doesn’t need huge holes always falling forward.

Terrible comparison. Robinson has shown to be shifty and actually catches passes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Name 12 RBs you’d rather have moving forward... I guarantee you at least half of them have had multiple games as bad or worse as JRob’s previous two performances from a production standpoint.

 

He’s had at least 3 catches in every game since week 1, so while positive gamescripts obviously help, your take is extremely narrow-minded and doesn’t  add up.

We'll see. His inconsistency makes him hard to put in the rb1 convo imo. Let's see if he does it again next week. Or if he takes another three weeks off before performing like an rb1 again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

We'll see. His inconsistency makes him hard to put in the rb1 convo imo. Let's see if he does it again next week. Or if he takes another three weeks off before performing like an rb1 again. 

What did you spend to get him? If he's in the flex conversation and you got him when most of us did he's still a huge steal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beerfish said:

 

After 7 weeks, he's the overall #3 RB in .5 ppr, quite literally the definition of an RB1

No it isn't. Rb1 is a projection. He's had 3 really good games and 4 mediocre to bad games. His inconsistency combined with him playing on a bad team with a bad defense and qb leads one to believe that his bad games will continue to outnumber his good games. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

We'll see. His inconsistency makes him hard to put in the rb1 convo imo. Let's see if he does it again next week. Or if he takes another three weeks off before performing like an rb1 again. 


Consistency? He had a bad game last week and still got you 13.3 Half PPR points.

 

He’s only had one game under 9.5 pts (Half PPR), and that was only because of that stupid trick play halfback pass option fumble, or he would have been over 9pts again.

 

There are only a few other RBs who have been as consistent as Robinson this year, and some of them are currently injured.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

No it isn't. Rb1 is a projection. He's had 3 really good games and 4 mediocre to bad games. His inconsistency combined with him playing on a bad team with a bad defense and qb leads one to believe that his bad games will continue to outnumber his good games. 

Okay, so what about guys like Henry? Offense is rolling but he had the 1 explosive game and 15 ppr pts this week. You have a safe floor with his receptions, and upside with the usage and TDs. You cant name over 10 RBs that fall in this same category. We need to start thinking of RB1 differently than yrs past with how limited the RBs have been this year to consistent success and no injuries

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Consistency? He had a bad game last week and still got you 13.3 Half PPR points.

 

He’s only had one game under 9.5 pts (Half PPR), and that was only because of that stupid trick play halfback pass option fumble, or he would have been over 9pts again.

 

There are only a few other RBs who have been as consistent as Robinson this year, and some of them are currently injured.

And the great call to run 3 Minshew passes when it was 1st and goal from the 4...  Or was that the other game?

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

No it isn't. Rb1 is a projection. He's had 3 really good games and 4 mediocre to bad games. His inconsistency combined with him playing on a bad team with a bad defense and qb leads one to believe that his bad games will continue to outnumber his good games. 

When's the cutoff for a projection to turn into reality.. it's not after Week 7, Week 10? 16? It's quite clear he's a top 12 RB week in and week out.

 

After the Kamara/Henry/Cook/Jones studs that you're getting consistent floors with high upside every week, even "RB1's" can be inconsistent. Mixon/Carson/Conner/Zeke are all de facto RB1s, but all have had down weeks. 2019 Aaron Jones had a ton of weeks outside of the top 36 RBs and finished as the RB2/3.. was he not an RB1 because of some inconsistency issues?  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Okay, so what about guys like Henry? Offense is rolling but he had the 1 explosive game and 15 ppr pts this week. You have a safe floor with his receptions, and upside with the usage and TDs. You cant name over 10 RBs that fall in this same category. We need to start thinking of RB1 differently than yrs past with how limited the RBs have been this year to consistent success and no injuries

You know you can count on Henry to give you solid production every week. He's on a good team that will be ahead most of the time with a good qb who can punish stacked boxes. They're going to be in the red zone a lot. Can't say any of that about Robinson. 

Edited by Kaii23
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Terrible comparison. Robinson has shown to be shifty and actually catches passes.  

Calm down buddy. He is shifty but he’s one cut back  like Henry. He also trucks people over like Henry and lets not exaggerate the passing work. He catches dump off screens like basically any RB in the NFL can. It’s not like he lines up at WR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I don't feel great about is that he plays Baltimore and Chicago weeks 15 and 16...don't feel great about the Jags offense moving the ball well against them and he could let us owners down in the playoffs when we need him the most. If someone offered me another low end RB1 that had a better playoff schedule I'd be tempted to take that.

Edited by GoPackGo23
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

The only thing I don't feel great about is that he plays Baltimore and Chicago weeks 15 and 16...don't feel great about the Jags offense moving the ball well against them and he could let us owners down in the playoffs when we need him the most.

Unless youre guaranteed a playoff spot, this is why fantasy is played in 4 sections. Sell him off before these games and prepare. He is an RB1 in the meantime

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

You know you can count on Henry to give you solid production every week. He's on a good team that will be ahead most of the time with a good qb who can punish stacked boxes. They're going to be in the red zone a lot. Can't say any of that about Robinson. 

Theres plenty of people who agree with this, Henry has more upside, but you can say 100% Robinson is the safe RB1 play. You know the reception will be there, and he has the talent to win you a week. No one is taking him like you said over guys in a rolling offense, but he is still good. Look at Barkley years past with D Jones and Eli Manning at QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Unless youre guaranteed a playoff spot, this is why fantasy is played in 4 sections. Sell him off before these games and prepare. He is an RB1 in the meantime

In 7 ppr weeks he's scored 10,11,14, and 16. That's not an rb1. James Conner is a low end rb1. He has a very solid floor. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

In 7 ppr weeks he's scored 10,11,14, and 16. That's not an rb1. James Conner is a low end rb1. He has a very solid floor. 

Robinson has scored more fantasy points and is averaging more PPG than Conner.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Theres plenty of people who agree with this, Henry has more upside, but you can say 100% Robinson is the safe RB1 play. You know the reception will be there, and he has the talent to win you a week. No one is taking him like you said over guys in a rolling offense, but he is still good. Look at Barkley years past with D Jones and Eli Manning at QB. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

You know you can count on Henry to give you solid production every week. He's on a good team that will be ahead most of the time with a good qb who can punish stacked boxes. They're going to be in the red zone a lot. Can't say any of that about Robinson. 


The Jags might not be a good team, but they’ve scored at least 2 TDs in every game so far this season. There are plenty of opportunities for Robinson to score.  Also, no one is comparing Robinson to Henry, who is a top 3 RB.

 

Barring injury, the only thing I see keeping Robinson from finishing Top 12 is if the Jags decide to go to Glennon and he torpedoes the offense (which is a possibility).  Until then, he’s firmly in the top 6-12 range each and every week regardless of matchup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

In 7 ppr weeks he's scored 10,11,14, and 16. That's not an rb1. James Conner is a low end rb1. He has a very solid floor. 

Like I said in the post below. Theres 4 parts to the season. When CMC is out, is Mike Davis an RB1? For a moment he was. Was Mixon an RB1 at the start? Henry was also unperforming. Zeke? Drake? If youre thinking of having RB1 numbers all year long you probably drafted them early, but right now you start the guys with volume. By the end of the season does he stay at this lvl? Maybe, maybe not. But you play fantasy week to week, unless youre one to get this guy off waivers or late in draft and complain that you got an RB1-2 for free

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...