NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, he just dominated a run defense that was 5th in lowest RB points allowed entering the week, at least in my league. 

And if you want the safer floor, why go with a guy who has the fragility of Conner? His floor is what you saw in week 1 because he has shown himself to not be very durable. 

If I want to call him a RB1 right now? Lol...that’s exactly what he is. You keep chirping about consistency, but you’ve yet to answer whether or not Aaron Jones was a RB1 last year. And you’ve also ignored the fact that Conner’s weeks 5 and 7 are very similar points-wise to two of the weeks (4 and 6) you listed as bad weeks by Robinson. 

Im speaking of rb1 as a projection. If you want to base it solely on points Kenyan Drake was on the exact same level as James Robinson coming into this week. Which is a ridiculous statement. It's about what yuu should expect going forward. Based on Robinson's bad defense, bad qb, and just overall trash environment it's reasonable to assume that he's gonna have some hiccups. And these rankings are based on the assumption of health. Injuries have nothing to do with them. 

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Im speaking of rb1 as a projection. If you want to base it solely on points Kenyan Drake was on the exact same level as James Robinson coming into this week. Which is a ridiculous statement. It's about what yuu should expect going forward. Based on Robinson's bad defense, bad qb, and just overall trash environment it's reasonable to assume that he's gonna have some hiccups. And these rankings are based on the assumption of health. Injuries have nothing to do with them. 

No he wasn’t.

More creative scoring?

26 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Are you on quaaludes? There’s no scoring system or crazy gorilla math that makes this even remotely accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow ... this guy's been on a 3 hour fishing trip, eh?

- stop taking the bait, plz

🎣

You’re right. My bad for taking the bait...I should have known immediately from how inane the argument is. Lol. I won’t be responding to any more of his delusions :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Value plummets if they replace Minshew with Glennon.

We haven't seen real Glennon in years... he may not even be the same as he once was...and the OC is now on his third team where they have designed rb passes when he was in Cincinnati Washington and now in jville gruden has a history of rb passes

28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Value plummets if they replace Minshew with Glennon.

Agreed. Jags are bad enough as is. At least Minshew has the slight ability to get out of the pocket and extend drives.

Thompson is back off the COVID list, so Jrob may get vultured again on some third downs and 3rd/4th quarter offense. I imagine the coaching staff saw how well he did against the Chargers as a workhorse and will give him more of a share of Thompson's role than before, but you never know. Also, regardless, being a 90% snap count workhorse isn't sustainable for any RB, let alone a rookie, season-long.

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

new-team.jpg

Ya got me, but even the mighty CMC came down with a high ankle sprain (granted before this he's been iron man for a couple years). It just terrifies me when any running back not named Zeke plays a billion snaps a week. Holding my breath every 3rd and 4th quarter yank and twist.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, harck said:

Thompson is back off the COVID list, so Jrob may get vultured again on some third downs and 3rd/4th quarter offense. I imagine the coaching staff saw how well he did against the Chargers as a workhorse and will give him more of a share of Thompson's role than before, but you never know. Also, regardless, being a 90% snap count workhorse isn't sustainable for any RB, let alone a rookie, season-long.

I don't know why it would take Thompson not being there to see this.  Even when Thompson was in the lineup, JRob still got plenty of pass situation opportunities and was clearly the better option in this role.  If Jax coaching staff couldn't see this, they should be fired.  Thankfully for JRob's development, it looks like they might.

9 hours ago, fbi314159 said:

I don't know why it would take Thompson not being there to see this.  Even when Thompson was in the lineup, JRob still got plenty of pass situation opportunities and was clearly the better option in this role.  If Jax coaching staff couldn't see this, they should be fired.  Thankfully for JRob's development, it looks like they might.

Agreed, he’s a far better option than CT in the pass game. 

1. 101 yards per game.
  2. 27 receptions.
  3. 6 TDs.
  4. 26th overall ranking in PPR leagues.

And the Jags paid him a signing bonus of $5,000. I paid a contractor more than that last month to install a new fence.

• Haha 2

He has an extremely interesting schedule ROS. It's almost like every matchup is cake or pretty tough. I think the biggest thing here is going to be Jax continuing to go to him even when they get down, like they did last week or like the Vikings have done with Cook this year. He's is going to be huge for the playoffs push, but end of playoffs gets tough.

HOU

GB

PIT

CLE

MIN

TEN 

BAL

CHI 

35 minutes ago, USWAY said:

He has an extremely interesting schedule ROS. It's almost like every matchup is cake or pretty tough. I think the biggest thing here is going to be Jax continuing to go to him even when they get down, like they did last week or like the Vikings have done with Cook this year. He's is going to be huge for the playoffs push, but end of playoffs gets tough.

HOU

GB

PIT

CLE

MIN

TEN 

BAL

CHI 

Because he has the goaline locked down and because he's also used in the passing game we can at least survive some of those tough matchups like some high usage RBs we give an auto pass to.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2