NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

The question for me with Robinson isn’t workload this week, but rather how the QB change will affect him, if at all. 

Hard to say. But it's not like Minshew was throwing him the ball enough times anyways, or accurately for that matter. I still believe that the best playmaker on this team is Robinson. He's scored half their TD's. lol They should be throwing the ball to him more period. I know they want to throw the ball downfield with Luton and that should actually (in theory) help Robinson get more open underneath. Regardless, he's playable on volume alone. So no reason overthinking it.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Hard to say. But it's not like Minshew was throwing him the ball enough times anyways, or accurately for that matter. I still believe that the best playmaker on this team is Robinson. He's scored half their TD's. lol They should be throwing the ball to him more period. I know they want to throw the ball downfield with Luton and that should actually (in theory) help Robinson get more open underneath. Regardless, he's playable on volume alone. So no reason overthinking it.

To the bolded.  That is insane.  This guy is a league winner.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, Prezkot said:

Y'all can complain whether he deserves to be called a RB1 or RB2, and how much better he could be on a better team.

I'm just going to sit over here and enjoy a highly productive running back I got on the waivers for free in a year where so many other RBs have been injured or ineffective.

See y'all Week 9.

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

3 linebackers out for the Texans due to covid. Anyone else out?

Only 1 of them was technically a starter--Mercilus...but it only further strengthens an already sterling matchup.

HOU D ranks 30th in OVP and 26th in FPA against RBs. Very green light!

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, beerfish said:

His worst game of the year was a few weeks ago against the Texans, anyone remember why? It was only 13-7 going into the 4th so it wasn't a blowout.

I remember why. But we do not speak of it in this thread.

Just kidding. It was the game with the HORRIBLE wildcat trick play call (4th and goal) that led to a james robinson fumble.

If I remember correctly he did not see that many touches after the fumble because the coach is not smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, KingUles said:

I remember why. But we do not speak of it in this thread.

Just kidding. It was the game with the HORRIBLE wildcat trick play call (4th and goal) that led to a james robinson fumble.

If I remember correctly he did not see that many touches after the fumble because the coach is not smart.

Oh no! Sorry, I had erased that from my memory.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, beerfish said:

His worst game of the year was a few weeks ago against the Texans, anyone remember why? It was only 13-7 going into the 4th so it wasn't a blowout.

That was the first game the Texans played after firing Bill O'Brien.  Teams usually play much better the first week after a firing but then may revert back to their old ways. 

• Like 1

Yeah I remember that game. Not only that, but they also called like 12 pass plays when within 5 yards of the goal line across multiple drives. One of the stupidest games I've ever watched. The guy had been pounding TDs in at the goal line all season, and even before the dumb wildcat play they just went pass heavy at the goal line. That game is what made me sell Jrob after his next big game, I just felt like the coaching staff wasn't going to limit him further down the line, coupled with his difficult playoff schedule.

Edited by harck
2 hours ago, harck said:

Yeah I remember that game. Not only that, but they also called like 12 pass plays when within 5 yards of the goal line across multiple drives. One of the stupidest games I've ever watched. The guy had been pounding TDs in at the goal line all season, and even before the dumb wildcat play they just went pass heavy at the goal line. That game is what made me sell Jrob after his next big game, I just felt like the coaching staff wasn't going to limit him further down the line, coupled with his difficult playoff schedule.

I was trying to remember if it was JRob or RoJo, but yes, I think that was the game in which they had 1st and goal from the 4.  Three straight incompletes followed by a FG.

21 hours ago, beerfish said:

At the end of the 3rd, the Texans were driving, and after a minute into the 4th, they were up by 13.  

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, beerfish said:

I was watching the game. He looked fine but had a couple big runs negated by holding penalties. Then it felt like Houston had the ball the entire game. 

• Thanks 1

Love robinson. Got him in all my leagues but i am worried about his championship week 14-16 which are all tough match ups. People thinking selling? [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Love robinson. Got him in all my leagues but i am worried about his championship week 14-16 which are all tough match ups. People thinking selling? [...]

With the workload he gets and how effective he's been he is pretty close to matchup proof for me.  I will further make the assessment based on how he does up until week 15.  But The Bears are not good at stopping the run.  They are far better defending the pass.  As far as points given up to RBs fantasy wise they are right in the middle.  Baltimore's defense on the other hand though gives up the 4th least points to running backs.