NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brian Hill 2020 Outlook

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I've posted a fun GIF, let's do something more serious.  I saw above (and/or in Gurley thread) the speculation that this might turn into a brutal RBBC with Gurley out.  Anything is possible,

Straight trash can....Covid/Injuries forced me to pick this joke up off waivers and play him. Dude is horrid.

Brian Hill is just not very good.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, brosephd said:

good stash for yahoo leagues if you're able to drop a guy that played and sucked for a flier for MNF

Just dropped Preston Williams for him and worst case I’ll drop hill for anyone else on the wire if He doesn’t show tmrw 

Edited by coleworld7

Added him as a flier. Don't you love it when everyone says that Player B has played well but will never leapfrog Player A into a significant role but then actually does leapfrog Player A into a significant role? Yeah, me too. Go Player B and go Sports Team!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

He actually looked real good last Thursday outside of 1 bad drop. Made quite a few key plays that turned what looked like 1-2 yd gains into clutch first downs or 6-10 yards. Still think Gurley is firmly in the driver's seat barring injury, but Hill might start to eat up a few more snaps. Atlanta's strategy of keeping Gurley fresh for the 3rd and 4th paid off IMO even if it was only due to the short week.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, harck said:

He actually looked real good last Thursday outside of 1 bad drop. Made quite a few key plays that turned what looked like 1-2 yd gains into clutch first downs or 6-10 yards. Still think Gurley is firmly in the driver's seat barring injury, but Hill might start to eat up a few more snaps. Atlanta's strategy of keeping Gurley fresh for the 3rd and 4th paid off IMO even if it was only due to the short week.

Agreed. I actually thought he looked like the quicker and shiftier back on Thursday.  Could see his touches climbing as Gurley wears out.  Barring injury it’s not likely he takes over as top dog but he’s worth picking up if you have the bench space

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like a good play this week if Gurley can't go. Not "league winner" status considering ATL's ROS schedule isn't the most favorable for backs (NO, @LAC, TB, @KC). I think I remember him breaking off a TD run earlier this year where he looked kind of slow but ran through a truck-sized hole and scampered to the end zone. Nothing really jumps out at you but he'd make a great volume play against a bad run D. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I wonder where to rank him this week? High end RB3 sounds about right but the landscape at RB is so bad. Gurley hasn't been very good and I could see Ito Smith mixing in some. 

I’d put him as a low end RB2 against a lacklustre raiders run D.  Definitely startable this week 

Matthew Berry and Field Yates think this will be a RBBC.

The idiot short man Michael Fabiano of course screams on his Twitter to "go get Hill NOW!", which is of course the obvious knee jerk thing to say and that's all he's good for.

I'm thinking Ito Smith gets involved.  Didn't Hill pretty much bomb the last time he got his shot?

20 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I wonder where to rank him this week? High end RB3 sounds about right but the landscape at RB is so bad. Gurley hasn't been very good and I could see Ito Smith mixing in some. 

RB20 to RB22 range for my money.  But he has top 10 upside and by all means get this guy in your DFS tournament lineups!

I finally wake up from the bender and I see this? This is crazy. I picked up hill before...  the Lions game or was it before my first drink  🤔..as a Gurley owner that was nick of time 👍. 🤔

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1