NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malcolm Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you trying to start a hype train? Cus this is how you start a hype train!

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Is this guy any good?

Serious question. He's sitting on my WW and I just lost Sanders for tomorrow. Worth a plug and play?

If Henderson plays, it’s a three man committee which is probably best to avoid if possible...

I stashed him last year after week 1 thinking he had potential when Gurley went down, and when Gurley missed games this guy sucked(as did Henderson). If Akers doesn’t run away with the job it’ll just be a fantasy cesspool of uselessness

On 9/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, owenmills said:

I stashed him last year after week 1 thinking he had potential when Gurley went down, and when Gurley missed games this guy sucked(as did Henderson). If Akers doesn’t run away with the job it’ll just be a fantasy cesspool of uselessness

Well this didn't age well...at least not after week 1.

Top waiver add this week I would think. Hines is good too but I think his role gets reduced going forward while Brown’s role is going to increase. He looked much better than Akers. Can get the tough yards with his size. The only knock on him was his inability to convert that late 4th down but the playcall did not suit his strengths. Play was a pitch to the outside where Brown’s strength is straight up the middle.

As a Mack/Le'Veon owner I reluctantly made the add -- certainly wasn't expecting Top FOUR RBs Numbers.

Believe he earned a longer leash in the backfield. Interested in seeing how long.

I own the entire Rams backfield and I am still hopeful that sometime during the season that Akers is able to separate himself. Malcolm Brown looked great tonight and is worth starting next week, but at the end of the day he is still Malcolm Brown.

10 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Henderson looked awful compared to Brown and Akers.  Brown looked nice tonight and had the goalline work.  Were I a Brown owner I'd hold

Henderson and Akers looked bad. 

Akers looked very average, did not hit the hole hard and wasn’t explosive. Maybe broke one tackle, on 15 touches?

Brown looked great on the other hand, constantly getting two or three extra yards after contact, hit holes hard and was effective at the goal line.

While I think Henderson and Akers will continue to get work... it seems almost certain the bulk of the work should go to Brown after tonight.

I can see RB2 value from Brown over the coming weeks, but with the draft capital the Rams invested in Akers, once he shows up... I’d imagine he takes a significant amount of work from Brown.

Edited by next big thing cp84