NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lynn Bowden Jr. 2020 Outlook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our strategy of drafting a 3rd rounder and packaging him up with a 6th rounder all to trade for a future 4th rounder has got to pay off one of these days....right?

No idea what Lynn is mumbling, I’m just scoping out that hottie Paloma 😎

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Parkers hurt, Gesiki is hurt, preston Williams is hurt.

Who else is there to catch footballs other than Bowden?

Malcolm perry?

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... do you expect Tua to have to chuck it 48 times vs the Hoodies?

🤔

thoughts?

Ahmed prolly back, Brittle Breida, too ... i know Bowden is making his bones as a wr, but ...

that Pats game has all the makings of a 13-10 final either way, and if the top dog wideouts sit, well, dunno about rolling the dice on this kid vs Hoodie & Gilmore & co 

🤷‍♂️

practice reports are key - if Gesicki , Parker and Grant all sit - he's a viable flex even against new england.  He'll be literally one of the only active pass catchers.

He should be rostered for sure but only played in fantasy playoffs if you hear everyone is out in the passing game.

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

thoughts?

Ahmed prolly back, Brittle Breida, too ... i know Bowden is making his bones as a wr, but ...

that Pats game has all the makings of a 13-10 final either way, and if the top dog wideouts sit, well, dunno about rolling the dice on this kid vs Hoodie & Gilmore & co 

🤷‍♂️

I'm with you. It's semi final week so not sure you can trust him. He is just learning to be a WR too and with Miami's willingness to lean on the run game Bowden is impossible to recommend as more than a dart throw desperation play against Hoodie, gilmore and co. 

He still looked good out there and I kept wondering who #15 was out there making plays.

6 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

practice reports are key - if Gesicki , Parker and Grant all sit - he's a viable flex even against new england.  He'll be literally one of the only active pass catchers.

He should be rostered for sure but only played in fantasy playoffs if you hear everyone is out in the passing game.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm with you. It's semi final week so not sure you can trust him. He is just learning to be a WR too and with Miami's willingness to lean on the run game Bowden is impossible to recommend as more than a dart throw desperation play against Hoodie, gilmore and co. 

He still looked good out there and I kept wondering who #15 was out there making plays.

yeah, i think the kid has playmaking chops, for sure ... Gruden/Mayock loved him enough to take the risk.

but, man ... Flores vs Hoodie is not gonna feature much offense - best case scenario for Miami is short fields due to Cam turnovers, etc ... dunno how much Flores is gonna need to unleash Tua in a game that Miami should be very content with simply grinding the Pats down. 

to the point of "if everyone else sits": as i said earlier, don't care for those odds of this kid drawing top cat coverage from that Hoodie defense ... i actually think he'd fare better as the second or third banana, running open underneath while the other cats draw the defense away. 

that being said ... i do love specs like this that arise outta nowhere during semifinal week - who doesn't love plugging in a cat on a gut hunch, then watching him go off?

hey, he has my attention - i'll give him that 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... do you expect Tua to have to chuck it 48 times vs the Hoodies?

🤔

On the surface, my answer to that would be no. But, they've let him throw 39 and 48 passes the last two weeks. Is it possible they're starting to let him throw the ball more, especially with Gaskin with covid? I wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing 30-35 times against NE next weekend. And if that's the case, there could be targets available again for Bowden with Gesicki missing at least one game and if Parker and Grant miss this week's game. 

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

On the surface, my answer to that would be no. But, they've let him throw 39 and 48 passes the last two weeks. Is it possible they're starting to let him throw the ball more, especially with Gaskin with covid? I wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing 30-35 times against NE next weekend. And if that's the case, there could be targets available again for Bowden with Gesicki missing at least one game and if Parker and Grant miss this week's game. 

source plz. 

1 hour ago, Br0kenB said:

He will, and should, be in most lineups this week. He's a weapon and they've realized that, and it's sort of a win-win whether Parker and/or Gesicki play or not.

No he shouldn't be in "most" lineups in the semi finals. If teams have gotten this far they have better options at WR3/flex. However he might be in mine. It's blind upside but my options are Pittman Jr. and Coutee so it's all a toss up at this point. 

12 minutes ago, tatddy said:

No he shouldn't be in "most" lineups in the semi finals. If teams have gotten this far they have better options at WR3/flex. However he might be in mine. It's blind upside but my options are Pittman Jr. and Coutee so it's all a toss up at this point. 

Yeah not a slam dunk by any means.

Miami was playing catchup last week and had all kinds of injuries. This week Tua is facing the NE secondary and it looks like Parker and Grant are practicing at least on a limited basis. Not saying he goes away, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go 2-13-0.

They also designed two end-around pass plays for him. The first play was very early in the game and it looked like he was going for either Grant or Parker downfield but ended up throwing it toward the sideline (honestly it was a great throw where only the receiver could've caught it). Second play was a designed throw back to Tua but the Chiefs played it well and he had to tuck it and run for a couple yards. Obviously the fins like this guy and want to utilize him. Not a chance I'm playing him this week but it's a nice wait and see approach before a pretty juicy matchup against the raiders (revenge game!!!). The RB/WR designation on ESPN is just gravy. 

9 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yeah not a slam dunk by any means.

Miami was playing catchup last week and had all kinds of injuries. This week Tua is facing the NE secondary and it looks like Parker and Grant are practicing at least on a limited basis. Not saying he goes away, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go 2-13-0.

I think his floor is rock solid. He lines up in the backfield and they dump it to him frequently as a means of "running" the ball. 

I think 5 catches and 35-40 yards is almost guaranteed. I don't see much upside here given the severe lack of offensive options the Dolphins have this week. But if you're looking for an almost guaranteed imo 8-10 PPR Points 

14 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

They also designed two end-around pass plays for him. The first play was very early in the game and it looked like he was going for either Grant or Parker downfield but ended up throwing it toward the sideline (honestly it was a great throw where only the receiver could've caught it). Second play was a designed throw back to Tua but the Chiefs played it well and he had to tuck it and run for a couple yards. Obviously the fins like this guy and want to utilize him. Not a chance I'm playing him this week but it's a nice wait and see approach before a pretty juicy matchup against the raiders (revenge game!!!). The RB/WR designation on ESPN is just gravy. 

He played QB in college. He's a joker type player who can do it all so he'll get a couple of those plays most games. He really needs the volume in the passing game to do damage in fantasy though. 2 things would worry me about him this week. Pats secondary is really good(and Pats are good at scheming out other teams good players), and Parker and Grant both returned to practice and could play. If they're close this week they'll likely be back for sure week 16 unless they get hurt again. He would be hands off to me if they're both playing. 

11 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He played QB in college. He's a joker type player who can do it all so he'll get a couple of those plays most games. He really needs the volume in the passing game to do damage in fantasy though. 2 things would worry me about him this week. Pats secondary is really good(and Pats are good at scheming out other teams good players), and Parker and Grant both returned to practice and could play. If they're close this week they'll likely be back for sure week 16 unless they get hurt again. He would be hands off to me if they're both playing. 

He lined up in the backfield 71% of snaps last week. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Id love if he got a handful of totes as well.. and really see what he could do... Steve Slaton? Denard robinson?

10 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

No he did not. He played 71% of the total snaps. Not 71% of the time in the backfield. He had one 2 yard rush and that’s it. If you’re hurting at RB, his value (at least in Yahoo) comes in being the likely #1 target and you’re hoping for another high volume target game. A 8 for 90 effort with a 30-50% chance for a TD would be a serviceable RB2 or flex starter. 

27 minutes ago, CooL said:

No he did not. He played 71% of the total snaps. Not 71% of the time in the backfield. He had one 2 yard rush and that’s it. If you’re hurting at RB, his value (at least in Yahoo) comes in being the likely #1 target and you’re hoping for another high volume target game. A 8 for 90 effort with a 30-50% chance for a TD would be a serviceable RB2 or flex starter. 

Correct.  He actually played most of his snaps from the slot. He looked great as well.  Hard to say where else he goes from here in 2020, but Bowden looks to be a real dynamic asset and his 2021 stock has risen greatly.  If he keeps that wr/rb tag next year, he'll be invaluable.  

Edited by mikeflavaz