NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lynn Bowden Jr. 2020 Outlook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our strategy of drafting a 3rd rounder and packaging him up with a 6th rounder all to trade for a future 4th rounder has got to pay off one of these days....right?

No idea what Lynn is mumbling, I’m just scoping out that hottie Paloma 😎

25 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Parker and Gesicki are both OUT today 

Grant out too. I'd be kind of concerned if Bowden can deal with being the #1 passing option. Belicheck will probably make it a point to not let Bowden get loose. Could be huge amount of targets though

How do they use him?  I haven't a Dolphins game where he got much of anything.  I know that recently he has been getting use.  Is he getting short dump offs?  Deep balls?  Gadget plays? Looking at it from a PPR and the RB slot perspective.

Do we think he is utilized very heavily this week? Does Mack Hollins get Gilmore as the "more established option?" How does Ahmed's return impact Bowden out of the backfield as well. Do we think Ahmed dominates backfield touches keeping Bowden in the slot/outside all game? Washington could not get anything going in his starts.

6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

How do they use him?  I haven't a Dolphins game where he got much of anything.  I know that recently he has been getting use.  Is he getting short dump offs?  Deep balls?  Gadget plays? Looking at it from a PPR and the RB slot perspective.

They used him in a lot of short and intermediate routes. He ran most routes out of the slot. He caught several passes out of trips formations. He was a college QB so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use him on a couple gadget plays. 

My main question is whether or not Gilmore follows guys to the slot. Either way I’m firing him up and hoping for the best.

• Like 1

I think I am starting with all other options unable to go. This is a guy that as a junior in college ran the ball 185 times, threw 75 passes and caught 30 passes. Clearly a weapon that can make things happen and trick plays are not out of the question. Need a huge game and praying he delivers.

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

They used him in a lot of short and intermediate routes. He ran most routes out of the slot. He caught several passes out of trips formations. He was a college QB so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use him on a couple gadget plays. 

My main question is whether or not Gilmore follows guys to the slot. Either way I’m firing him up and hoping for the best.

I mean he lined up at QB, but I wouldn't say he really played QB.  He had double digit pass attempts 4 times.  He ran constantly out of the QB spot.  Typical game was something like 20 carries with 5 attempts sprinkled in. He threw for 400 yards, he ran for 1400.  He had a 48% completion rate at QB. He averaged more yards per carry than yards per attempt.

I get the swiss army knife nature, but his passing is his weakest of the three. Plus, they have Malcolm Perry who also was a QB.  When one of the service academy guys has better passing stats than you......

Edited by Sternes
8 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Do we think he is utilized very heavily this week? Does Mack Hollins get Gilmore as the "more established option?" How does Ahmed's return impact Bowden out of the backfield as well. Do we think Ahmed dominates backfield touches keeping Bowden in the slot/outside all game? Washington could not get anything going in his starts.

Was Bowden lining up in backfield?

9 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Was Bowden lining up in backfield?

I did not watch, so anyone feel free to correct me, but I did read that they run some trick plays with him back there and it was due to Washington being a plodder basically.

• Like 1

Ahmed and Breida were back and we did the old ground and pound. Bowden lined up all over but I don't recall him in the backfield. Mostly in the slot if I'm correct. He had a carry from either a reverse or from coming in motion. He has crazy agility and make dudes miss. If any combo of Parker, Grant, or Gesicki play, I see his targets going down but it's clear he's getting more involved in this offense as he learns more plays. Chan Gailey likes him. Also, It looks like Miami is trying to establish a run first identity with a healthy set of backs finally.

Edited by codyodea
10 minutes ago, codyodea said:

Ahmed and Breida were back and we did the old ground and pound. Bowden lined up all over but I don't recall him in the backfield. Mostly in the slot if I'm correct. He had a carry from either a reverse or from coming in motion. He has crazy agility and make dudes miss. If any combo of Parker, Grant, or Gesicki play, I see his targets going down but it's clear he's getting more involved in this offense as he learns more plays. Chan Gailey likes him. Also, It looks like Miami is trying to establish a run first identity with a healthy set of backs finally.

Agree.  I like this guy, but mainly for his dual RB/WR eligibility as I was hurting at RB this past week.  He led the team in targets with 7, but his 6 catches only amounted to a paltry 37 yards.  Tua was looking for him in the end zone when he threw the pick.  A TD would have made it a respectable day for a waiver pickup.

Hard to rely on him during ship week, even if you are hurting at RB.  Would assume that most ship contenders have better WRs than Bowden.  If you're looking at playing him as a flex, rhe rules of flexology say you always play an RB over a WR and therefore I'd be looking elsewhere,

He's like Laviska Shenault.  And Tavon Austin long before.  Good at a bunch of things, not great at any.  And most importantly, not utilized in a workhorse role.  Will have some booms over his career, but I'm also sure a fair share of busts and a whole bunch of average.