NBC Sports Edge Forums

9/7 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 hour ago, aapox said:

I know he is and any owner is obviously playing him, but he likes to get a little bumpy in the 1st. Especially hoping for no walks. 

Excellent work after a lead-off single - the knock-on-wood worked!

I’m gonna rescind my posting privileges from now on.  Sorry.

Edited by mehtavg2000
1 minute ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I’m gonna rescind my posting privileges from now on.  Sorry.

You good :D

Meltdown inning :( Brutal. Can't lead-off walk Pablo Sandoval and then Dubon to load the bases man... So frustrating.

34 minutes ago, aapox said:

Bassitt hasn't pitched in forever. Montas will pitch tomorrow.

Both Bassitt and Montas both last pitched on 8/29. 
Montas will now pitch tomorrow even though he was listed as the SP today, but “Bassitt hasn’t pitched in forever,” isn’t the reason. 
They’re saying it’s not injury related, but last time this happened with Montas it was. 

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Both Bassitt and Montas both last pitched on 8/29. 
Montas will now pitch tomorrow even though he was listed as the SP today, but “Bassitt hasn’t pitched in forever,” isn’t the reason. 
They’re saying it’s not injury related, but last time this happened with Montas it was. 

Oh man, I totally did not realize he pitched on 8/29. That's my bad. Don't mean to spread misinformation.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

They should have taken Gallen out before he completely imploded. 

I think it felt right to me. He has consistently pitched himself out of jams this year and he still had an inning of pitches left, at least, if he was able to. That strand rate wasn't going to last forever, I guess. I'm glad he only took 4 ER.

1 minute ago, aapox said:

Oh man, I totally did not realize he pitched on 8/29. That's my bad. Don't mean to spread misinformation.

All good. Montas has been a mess, and continues to get pushed back. Maybe extra rest? Maybe he pitches better in day games and they’re willing to try anything? Not sure. 

Kyle Freeland with some absolutely big balls pitching to strike out Johnny Hustle Machado and Moreland with a runner at 3rd w/ less than 2 outs. Freeland is not a strike out guy, but he delivered some filthy sliders to become one. It was big boy pitching. Love seeing that. 

Edited by kwolf68

Not to belabor it, but Freeland's performance tonight was pure balls to the wall. A joy to watch a pitcher just go fight. That's what Freeland did, knowing he's up against the prodigious Lamet. Total props to him.