NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamison Crowder 2020 Outlook

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

15 games with Darnold since the start of 2019. 84 catches for just about 1000 yards and 7 TDs. He can be an every week WR2 in PPR. 

Or he'll magically get healthy again after the trade deadline passes

It's basically Gase's last chance to not get fired. Crowder helps him win. 

Crowder will be a target hog again. I wouldn’t depend on him to be more than your WR3/Flex/bye week filler though. The slot WR in a Gase offense (Landry) is possibly the #1 read & Darnold trusts him. The other WR’s don’t have that chemistry

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Prolly rather have Bryan Edwards...

I wouldn't. I really like this guy's value going late in PPR. This is what he did when Darnold was on the field last yr

24.3pts vs Buf 14-99-0 

15.8pts vs Dal 6-98-0

6.6pts vs Pats 4-26-0

5.4pts vs Jags 3-24-0

22.3pts vs Mia 8-83-1

19.1pts vs Nyg 5-81-1

13.6pts vs Was 5-76-1

3.8pts vs Oak 2-18-0

2.8pts vs Cin 2-8-0

6.9pts vs Mia 3-39-0

27pts vs Bal 6-90-2

10pts vs Pit 4-60-0

20.6pts vs Buf 8-66-1

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I wouldn't. I really like this guy's value going late in PPR. This is what he did when Darnold was on the field last yr

24.3pts vs Buf 14-99-0 

15.8pts vs Dal 6-98-0

6.6pts vs Pats 4-26-0

5.4pts vs Jags 3-24-0

22.3pts vs Mia 8-83-1

19.1pts vs Nyg 5-81-1

13.6pts vs Was 5-76-1

3.8pts vs Oak 2-18-0

2.8pts vs Cin 2-8-0

6.9pts vs Mia 3-39-0

27pts vs Bal 6-90-2

10pts vs Pit 4-60-0

20.6pts vs Buf 8-66-1

5 games under 7 points. 👀

16 minutes ago, scheibler said:

That's to be expected of any wr going in the double digits rounds. He has 5 games over 19pts 👀

10 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Later round guys always have a few stinkers, but he’s a nice depth option to have

All valid points.

He still plays for Gase, which grosses me out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, goke said:

Will it be Tre White assigned to Crowder?

He’ll be on Perriman if he shadows anyone. He may just stay on one side for this game

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Thanks 1

Crowder was on a 90-reception pace averaged out to a 16 game season with Sam Darnold last year. He still finished WR26 even with five weeks of horrible QB play and 11 games of Darnold seeing ghosts. Crowder's a strong flex/WR3 play this week against a Bills defense that he torched for 22 catches last season. 

The Jets might be the worst team in the league, but this guy is going to get VOLUME. 13 targets yesterday (even though they are Sam Darnold targets). With the Jets most likely always playing from behind, I think he's an easy WR3/Flex start, with WR2 upside, especially in PPR. 

Any other thoughts on this dude? 

Pros-

Basically their #1 and now short range target is gone with bell.

Jets are the worst nfl team by a lot and will be behind a lot and rack up garbage time.

Slot receiver gets fed with gase.

Slot is the easiest throw for darnold.

13 targets.

Cons- Jets are terrible, hes not a great athlete anymore and could get shut down by a #1 cb of which he will probably start seeing.

Top 24 WR in ppr?

Hopkins, Ridley, Julio, Adams, Moore, godwin, hill, evans, robinson, woods, cupp, cooper, shuster, lockett, metcalf, fuller, aj brown, theilen, mclaurin, Mike Thomas, gallup, hilton, m.brown, Allen

Maybe Gallup, OBJ, Devante is hurt.

15 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Pros-

Jets are the worst nfl team by a lot and will be behind a lot and rack up garbage time.

13 targets.

Cons- Jets are terrible, hes not a great athlete anymore and could get shut down by a #1 cb of which he will probably start seeing.

Top 24 WR in ppr?

Hopkins, Ridley, Julio, Adams, Moore, godwin, hill, evans, robinson, woods, cupp, cooper, shuster, lockett, metcalf, fuller, aj brown, theilen, mclaurin, Mike Thomas, gallup, hilton, m.brown, Allen

The leagues I have him in are ones where my WRs are the shakiest. He was a great late middle round PPR pick. As long as Darnold is out there he's gonna feed Crowder.

5 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Pros-

13 targets.

Top 24 WR in ppr?

I can't imagine a team putting their #1 corner on the slot WR.   Especially when playing the Jets.

• Like 1

I'm a Jets fan and targeted Crowder before the draft. Got him, started him and obviously happy with the results. Watching that offense has me nervous for his weekly floor though. Darnold is a threat to implode every week. Crowder's a WR3/Flex until Jets prove they can be competent offense. Absolutely has WR2 upside given his strong target volume. 

2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I think and am hopeful J Crow will be ready for Sunday. Funny how rotoworld has already deemed him out. Gase still gave him a shot to play

Obviously the worry here is that if he plays he reaggravates the hamstring issue in the game.  I think I would rather they just sit him this week and give him a chance to heal.  Kenny Golladay also has a hamstring issue and he's going to miss his second game this week.  Definitely one of the worst injuries to have for a wide receiver that can linger all season.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Obviously the worry here is that if he plays he reaggravates the hamstring issue in the game.  I think I would rather they just sit him this week and give him a chance to heal.  Kenny Golladay also has a hamstring issue and he's going to miss his second game this week.  Definitely one of the worst injuries to have for a wide receiver that can linger all season.

yea wondering how bad it is though as he had this issue before game 1 as well. May be the minor kind that you just have to monitor