NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamison Crowder 2020 Outlook

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

15 games with Darnold since the start of 2019. 84 catches for just about 1000 yards and 7 TDs. He can be an every week WR2 in PPR. 

Or he'll magically get healthy again after the trade deadline passes

It's basically Gase's last chance to not get fired. Crowder helps him win. 

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

It looks like if he stays healthy he will be reliable. Pretty safe floor. It's a shame he won't have many scoring opportunities though.

Haha nice... And yea we could be pleasantly surprised on scoring opportunities if they’re getting blown out enough. Double digit targets both games so far, so like you said he should see a really sturdy floor. Only owned in 72% of Yahoo leagues but should easily be owned in 100% if he’s healthy. 

Crowder will always be overlooked and im not quite clear sure why but hey better for us believers! He looked good last night and got out with no reinjury. Def a safe WR3 with WR2 upside

To me he is in the mold of golden Tate when with the lion's or Tyler Boyd Landry..

Safe plays who prorated over a full season will give you 80 to 90 catches for 1000 yards and 6 touchdown.

Should be consistent safe flier plays. Great for flex and bye weeks and usually finish wr19 to 28.

Every team should have one.

• Like 2

I recently traded for him and had my choice between a couple WRs. I looked at his schedule, daydreamed for a few seconds about the garbage time bonanzas coming up and pulled the trigger. He's no "league winner" like 25% of the other threads here but he'll put up numbers if he stays healthy. He should've padded his stats even more on that last meaningless drive with a minute left last night

1 hour ago, CanaBuc said:

To me he is in the mold of golden Tate when with the lion's or Tyler Boyd Landry..

Safe plays who prorated over a full season will give you 80 to 90 catches for 1000 yards and 6 touchdown.

Should be consistent safe flier plays. Great for flex and bye weeks and usually finish wr19 to 28.

Every team should have one.

I guess it's format dependent but he's more than a safe flier to me.   In PPR 2 flex leagues, I have him starting every game without question.

Edited by K197040

Owning this dude is infuriating. Either he's hurt or Darnold is. When both are healthy he is a silky smooth WR2. Starting Crowder with Flacco only cause I have to do but not expecting much more than a 4-50 line or something.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

We starting Crowder with Darnold scheduled to be out?  Anyone know of Flaco's history in targeting slot guys?

Looked it up & Steve Smiff had 70 catches with Flacco 2 out of the 3 years they played together. Crowder should be a solid WR3/Flex choice

Is Crowder a weekly must start in this offense because of his targets? I drafted him and haven’t been able to pull the trigger starting him on my team but he continues to produce on my bench in the games he played. What does everyone think even though a bad matchup against Cardinals is he still guaranteed 12 points in 1/2 ppr?

38 minutes ago, NativeTheory said:

Is Crowder a weekly must start in this offense because of his targets? I drafted him and haven’t been able to pull the trigger starting him on my team but he continues to produce on my bench in the games he played. What does everyone think even though a bad matchup against Cardinals is he still guaranteed 12 points in 1/2 ppr?

He's a must start. Two WR leagues, three WR leagues -- it doesn't matter. If he and Darnold are healthy, he's a robust option at flex with a rock solid floor. 

Just now, CanaBuc said:

Is he a must start with Flacco?

Depends on your options. I would rather sit him this week but have to play him personally. Flacco was known as captain check down during his later years in Baltimore. I could see him and Crowder clicking -- and the slot position is crucial in the Jets' system. I'm worried the Jets will implode completely under Flacco. As bad as Darnold has been at times (especially in redzone), he's usually still able to move the football down the field. Crowder should still see 7+ targets and I'm expecting around 6-12 points in full PPR

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Depends on your options. I would rather sit him this week but have to play him personally. Flacco was known as captain check down during his later years in Baltimore. I could see him and Crowder clicking -- and the slot position is crucial in the Jets' system. I'm worried the Jets will implode completely under Flacco. As bad as Darnold has been at times (especially in redzone), he's usually still able to move the football down the field. Crowder should still see 7+ targets and I'm expecting around 6-12 points in full PPR

Same. He's definitely underrated when he and Darnold are healthy. I would trust him 100% in my lineup. With Flacco, I'd still throw him out there and see what it looks like. But you never know who a different QB will develop a connection with. Or if a different QB is so atrocious that no one is productive. Very well could happen.

• Thanks 1

Being that it's the Jets, they'll never be running the clock out on a big lead, so they'll always be passing regardless of who's at QB, and should be passing to their clear best receiver. 

"...Jamison Crowder goes from a viable volume-based option to a borderline WR4 play against Arizona with Flacco under center."

Classic case of Crowder getting no respect. Borderline WR4!? What the what?! He's a solid WR2 in PPR. How is this a downgrade anyway. Flacco is a pro and LOVES slot receivers. 

8 for 90 on at least 10 targets. Plus he has the best chance to score a TD of any Jet. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Sawa PFF article from 2019 and Flacco targets RB a lot and slot receivers he was ranked 21st.

I'm going to find other option like Slayton this week

In 2019, his slot WR was Daesean Hamilton, so...

Historically, he's made superstars out of slot WRs.

1 minute ago, Brye said:

Names please?

Derrick Mason. Steve Smith. Anquan Boldin. Kamar Aiken (briefly). 

Did Torrey Smith play some from the slot in Baltimore. Feel like he probably did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

"...Jamison Crowder goes from a viable volume-based option to a borderline WR4 play against Arizona with Flacco under center."

Classic case of Crowder getting no respect. Borderline WR4!? What the what?! He's a solid WR2 in PPR. How is this a downgrade anyway. Flacco is a pro and LOVES slot receivers. 

8 for 90 on at least 10 targets. Plus he has the best chance to score a TD of any Jet. 

Agreed. Darnold is a dumpster fire at this point. Flacco is average at best but that beats dumpster fire. The only worry would be if Flacco develops a connection with another receiver. But this receiving corps is among the worst in the league and it's most likely going to make him target his best receiver heavily naturally.... So expect 11 targets for Frank Gore on wheel routes 😁

• Haha 1