NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamison Crowder 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

Are we dropping or holding for darnold to come back? At this point would darnold even come back cause if it’s flacco idk if I can comfortably ever start crowder again 

I dropped him, i need to see at least one game with darnold before i can use him. Jets want to lose to get number 1 spot. I dont know if  i can trust that mindset

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

15 games with Darnold since the start of 2019. 84 catches for just about 1000 yards and 7 TDs. He can be an every week WR2 in PPR. 

Or he'll magically get healthy again after the trade deadline passes

It's basically Gase's last chance to not get fired. Crowder helps him win. 

Looks like Darnold is good to go this week which obviously bodes well for Crowder. Even though he’s been bad lately we can’t forget how much of a stud he was with Darnold under center. How confident are you guys in starting him this week?

1 hour ago, Ceco2 said:

Looks like Darnold is good to go this week which obviously bodes well for Crowder. Even though he’s been bad lately we can’t forget how much of a stud he was with Darnold under center. How confident are you guys in starting him this week?

I like him as a flex this week.

I have him but he’s my 5th best wr at this point and don’t have the need but if one of my top 4 went down I’d feel good about starting him.

1 hour ago, Ceco2 said:

Remember, Crow was posting WR1/2 numbers with Perriman/Mims sidelined.  He should be considered a  WR3 with Darnold back in the fold.

• Like 1

I don’t know what to think of Crowder. I think WR3 is about right, which is nothing special this time of year. I think his early season production was a function of the team having no other options, which they do now 

• Like 1

Yeah I’m torn on him. [...] There’s two narratives. Darnold is back and he loved to target Crowder but Mims and Perriman were out those games. Was he targeted so much because of necessity or is he Darnolds favorite target?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

Yeah I’m torn on him. Have to drop him or Deebo. There’s two narratives. Darnold is back and he loved to target Crowder but Mims and Perriman were out those games. Was he targeted so much because of necessity or is he Darnolds favorite target?

Well, he's been a WR1 with Darnold over the last two seasons. The only issue with Crowder is health. I'm not sure he's 100% right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he has another 20 point game with Darnold tomorrow though.  

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

With our first fully healthy WR core game and darnold game.... things didn’t play out well for crowder with this first new look.

how are u all treating Crowder moving forward? Low floor wr 3?

Even target split amongst 3 WRs in a bad offense

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

With our first fully healthy WR core game and darnold game.... things didn’t play out well for crowder with this first new look.

how are u all treating Crowder moving forward? Low floor wr 3?

Don't see how anyone could roll him out right now until he shows something.

13 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

No Mims, and they should be playing from behind all game. This is extremely tempting. Anybody else taking the chance here?

I would if I could, I tried picking him back up after I dropped him last week but someone else snagged him. I think Crowder is a solid play this week, should have a nice floor with some great upside given the matchup and no Mims to take targets away.

Crowder with Darnold is money. Especially against Seattle. He's a WR2. All of his bad games were with Flaccid Flacco. He put up three 100 yard games to start the season, then Flaccid Flacco took over, Crowder was injured a bit, Darnold and Crowder back together and he scores two touchdowns. He's $$$. 

8 hours ago, 3FLi said:

Anyone concerned that he popped up with a calf injury today?

Definitely something to monitor. It's in the Jets best interest to be as uncompetitive as they possibly can. It's possible they use the injury as an excuse to manage his reps or even sit him entirely. They don't want to slip up now and win a game this late in the season. I wouldn't worry until there's more news on it though.

The whole Jets team is a joke. Bad match up this week but a decent match up against CLE week 16. Is it even worth it at this point? Is it even safe to play him week 16 of the championship if you make it? He's definitely Darnolds favorite target but the team is so inept. TD have saved him in his splash games but he hasn't had more than 50 yards since week 5. Granted some of that was with Flacco but still.

2 hours ago, GreenMountainPhan said:

What, no Crowder fans today?

Drafted this guy for depth and didn't use him until yesterday.  With Terry McScorin out and Brown's covid issues (they lost 2 LB's also) was just hoping for 10-15pts.

Probably a sixth round pick that finished in the top 24 WR in terms of PPR average.   Hard to believe he was just a "depth" piece for you and you never started him until yesterday. 

You must have aced the first half of the draft.

Edited by K197040