NBC Sports Edge Forums

Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Leopard said:

I’m still mad that they did not rule him OUT before the game but Yahoo finally did it during halftime. Unreal

Yahoo probably didn't want to pay their employees overtime. They are very quick to change status on Tuesday right after the Monday game, but then this week it took them until after a game started to tag him Out. Obviously this was very important considering a lot of teams are also dealing with the Titans-Steelers sh* show this week. We may have to deal with Lindsay being out for this next couple of weeks. I know Davante Adams toe issue lingered for a quite a while last year.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a bit interested in the Gordon/Lindsay split question so I did what anyone who is trying to answer a question should do: went looking for evidence.  That in a minute, but first let us talk about

Indeed! He's constantly having to prove he's the better RB. He beat Royce and that other garbage his rookie season. It's too bad he got hurt because he's definitely a better RB than Gordon at this poi

Denver seems to be the Detroit of the west when it comes to their RB situation.  They bury their best guys and then try to force the guys they "want" to do well even when they suck.  Remember when CJ

On 9/16/2020 at 9:01 AM, Impreza178 said:

All about degree of the injury.  They say this is mild.  

put me down for week 4 return 

Almost had it! With it being considered a mild case & he started to practice last week, he might’ve played if their game was Sunday & not Thursday. He will have missed 3 games & been out a month when he gets back. I think those of us who didn’t bail on him will be rewarded with a weekly flex or bye week RB2 option

On 10/5/2020 at 1:16 AM, AlexxelA said:

i haven't had lindsay in fantasy ever, but picked him up as a stash, what can we expect when he gets back?  i know he was legit a couple years ago but i don't recall last year and how people are feeling 

He’s a great bet to claim flex status soon after returning.   2 seasons, 2 times 1000 yards.    While being a longshot to make the roster the first, and a backup to their 3rd round pick the second.  

roster and hold if possible   

4 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Trying to figure if he’s worth adding, sitting on the wire

He's definitely worth an add unless you're in a real shallow league. He'll never be more than a weak Flex with Gordon healthy, but if Gordon misses time he'd be a high-end RB2. 

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Automatic two-game suspension right there. Fire up your Lindsays! Could be three, but I don't know if the current CBA ratified it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/29/proposed-cba-increases-penalties-for-dui/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28901832/nfl-cba-approved-players-get-new-deal-how-expanded-playoffs-schedule-work

If MGIII gets suspended it will be for three games per the current CBA. What is interesting is many players before were suspended later after actual conviction or guilty plea. So, it might not affect his availability at all this year. These suspensions are sometimes handed down months later and even into the next season.

• Like 3
Just now, FitzMagic said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28901832/nfl-cba-approved-players-get-new-deal-how-expanded-playoffs-schedule-work

If MGIII gets suspended it will be for three games per the current CBA. What is interesting is many players before were suspended later after actual conviction or guilty plea. So, it might not affect his availability at all this year. These suspensions are sometimes handed down months later and even into the next season.

🤔 

seems unlikely with something as open and shut as a DUI.  

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

seems unlikely with something as open and shut as a DUI.  

Herndon had a DUI one fall and he was suspended for the beginning of the next season. So, it could drag out. It isn't so open and shut because if he fights it then it will drag on. With COVID court cases are backed up anyway.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Herndon had a DUI one fall and he was suspended for the beginning of the next season. So, it could drag out. It isn't so open and shut because if he fights it then it will drag on. With COVID court cases are backed up anyway.

Was also thinking this could drag out depending on the severity of his impairment. I don’t think this will mean much in terms of an uptick in Lindsay’s usage right now

A rather timely DUI by Mr. Melvin Gordon. A selfish view, but as a Lindsay owner and someone who is seriously struggling in the RB department I hope that Gordon gets dished his suspension sooner rather than later. If Lindsay stays healthy and they start feeding him as an RB1, we could be looking at some nice numbers from Lindsay. 

5 hours ago, helpmyteam said:

A rather timely DUI by Mr. Melvin Gordon. A selfish view, but as a Lindsay owner and someone who is seriously struggling in the RB department I hope that Gordon gets dished his suspension sooner rather than later. If Lindsay stays healthy and they start feeding him as an RB1, we could be looking at some nice numbers from Lindsay. 

username checks out ...

but be advised, tap dancing on other's misfortune has a way of biting the best laid plans of magick foosball managers right in the keester. 

the fantasy godz are no joke. 

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

username checks out ...

but be advised, tap dancing on other's misfortune has a way of biting the best laid plans of magick foosball managers right in the keester. 

To be fair, he was drunk driving going 71 through a 35. You deserve whatever punishment you get. 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

To be fair, he was drunk driving going 71 through a 35. You deserve whatever punishment you get. 

no argument from me on that count, buddy, i assure you. 

i'm talking about celebrating it via magick foosball. 

MGIII can go eff off. 

39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

username checks out ...

Ouch. I am not one to tap dance on another's misfortune... I was just merely suggesting that if they are going to suspend MGIII, they might as well do it this season. I would never root for a player to get injured, or in this case, receive a DUI. 

Just now, helpmyteam said:

Ouch. I am not one to tap dance on another's misfortune... I was just merely suggesting that if they are going to suspend MGIII, they might as well do it this season. I would never root for a player to get injured, or in this case, receive a DUI. 

nah, it's cool - i was a tad overboard. 

gl to you all ✌

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic