NBC Sports Edge Forums

Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a bit interested in the Gordon/Lindsay split question so I did what anyone who is trying to answer a question should do: went looking for evidence.  That in a minute, but first let us talk about

Indeed! He's constantly having to prove he's the better RB. He beat Royce and that other garbage his rookie season. It's too bad he got hurt because he's definitely a better RB than Gordon at this poi

Denver seems to be the Detroit of the west when it comes to their RB situation.  They bury their best guys and then try to force the guys they "want" to do well even when they suck.  Remember when CJ

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Lol 

that is all 

Ranking him in the RB25-30 range with Gordon healthy is THAT ridiculous to you? He's the 1B, he hasn't been catching balls, the team is bad, and he's not the GL back. Sorry but that's just not a recipe for success. 

dude cant stay healthy...

(31 mins ago) Lindsay (foot) is listed as a non-participant on Wednesday's estimated practice report, Aric DiLalla of the Broncos' official site reports.

Lindsay exploded for 83 yards and a score on just six carries during Sunday's 31-30 win over the Chargers, in addition to logging a three-yard catch, but it appears that he was rewarded with a foot injury for his efforts. The 26-year-old, who missed three games due to a toe issue earlier this season, will have two more chances to practice before the Broncos have to tag him with an injury designation for Week 9's contest in Atlanta. In the event that Lindsay were forced to miss any more time, Melvin Gordon would be positioned to handle the majority of Denver's backfield work.

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

dude cant stay healthy...

(31 mins ago) Lindsay (foot) is listed as a non-participant on Wednesday's estimated practice report, Aric DiLalla of the Broncos' official site reports.

Lindsay exploded for 83 yards and a score on just six carries during Sunday's 31-30 win over the Chargers, in addition to logging a three-yard catch, but it appears that he was rewarded with a foot injury for his efforts. The 26-year-old, who missed three games due to a toe issue earlier this season, will have two more chances to practice before the Broncos have to tag him with an injury designation for Week 9's contest in Atlanta. In the event that Lindsay were forced to miss any more time, Melvin Gordon would be positioned to handle the majority of Denver's backfield work.

It's only Wednesday my guy. He's having toe issues so this isn't uncommon and likely will be missing early practices like this all year. 

I don't believe this is related to his previous turf toe, so that's good at least. That said, he's not really startable as he's a middle of the road RB3 unless Gordon is out so it's really not a huge deal either way. 

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't believe this is related to his previous turf toe, so that's good at least. That said, he's not really startable as he's a middle of the road RB3 unless Gordon is out so it's really not a huge deal either way. 

Given the running back landscape he is plenty startable.  He put up a nice game last week on not a lot of work and has a great matchup in the Falcons.  He's a good flex or rb2 play for teams hurting at rb

41 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Given the running back landscape he is plenty startable.  He put up a nice game last week on not a lot of work and has a great matchup in the Falcons.  He's a good flex or rb2 play for teams hurting at rb

I don't know if I'd say he's a good RB2 play. Middling flex option, sure. He popped off a long TD run but if he hadn't done that what would his stat line have looked like? Gordon is getting more touches than him(despite generally looking worse). These guys are going to crush each others value if they're both playing.

46 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Middle of the road RB3 ? Wouldn’t that come down to individual leagues? 33+ fantasy points in last three games. 

Are these combos also middle of the road RB3’s? 

CEH/Bell

Jones/Fournette 

lindsay/gordon is a clear 1a/1b situation.  every time they have been in the same game, lindsay has outplayed gordon (prior to any injuries).  the lack of involvement in the passing game is the only knock i have with lindsay (or with the broncos play calling to be exact).  

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't know if I'd say he's a good RB2 play. Middling flex option, sure. He popped off a long TD run but if he hadn't done that what would his stat line have looked like? Gordon is getting more touches than him(despite generally looking worse). These guys are going to crush each others value if they're both playing.

The last two game snap counts 

Gordon 60/55 

Lindsey 18/45 

arrow pointing up for Lindsey? 

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The last two game snap counts 

Gordon 60/55 

Lindsey 18/45 

arrow pointing up for Lindsey? 

It's pointing up and he's been playing great but it doesn't seem like Gordon is going anywhere. Worse yet, it seems like Lindsey must have stone hands or something because they don't use him at all in the passing game. I own both just want one of them to go away(preferably Gordon at this point)

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It's pointing up and he's been playing great but it doesn't seem like Gordon is going anywhere. Worse yet, it seems like Lindsey must have stone hands or something because they don't use him at all in the passing game. I own both just want one of them to go away(preferably Gordon at this point)

I think that's just the direction the game was going. Gordon was used sparingly in the passing game as well until the very end where they needed quick dumpoffs to get out of bounds. It was worth noting the entire final drive was basically dominated by Gordon with several dumpoffs. I think that game winning drive opened with like 4 straight Gordon touches from what I remneber. Lindsay has been looking way better and producing with less touches and his big run sparked the entire offense to mount the comeback. My buddy is a longtime broncos fan and general consensus is the fanbase loves Lindsay and want him to be the guy and feel Gordon is basically a more expensive Royce freeman. If Lindsay can continue to prove he deserves more of a role I feel like he'd end up pulling ahead by a bit, but nobody will completely go away I don't think unless somebody gets hurt, which is possible with both of these guys. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

I think that's just the direction the game was going. Gordon was used sparingly in the passing game as well until the very end where they needed quick dumpoffs to get out of bounds. It was worth noting the entire final drive was basically dominated by Gordon with several dumpoffs. I think that game winning drive opened with like 4 straight Gordon touches from what I remneber. Lindsay has been looking way better and producing with less touches and his big run sparked the entire offense to mount the comeback. My buddy is a longtime broncos fan and general consensus is the fanbase loves Lindsay and want him to be the guy and feel Gordon is basically a more expensive Royce freeman. If Lindsay can continue to prove he deserves more of a role I feel like he'd end up pulling ahead by a bit, but nobody will completely go away I don't think unless somebody gets hurt, which is possible with both of these guys. 

That’s fine but the previous game Lindsey ran better but Gordon out-targeted him 4-0 there too. Seems to be a trend thus far 

41 minutes ago, owenmills said:

That’s fine but the previous game Lindsey ran better but Gordon out-targeted him 4-0 there too. Seems to be a trend thus far 

Lindsay had to leave in the first half with a concussion in that chiefs game though. 

53 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Gordon is the receiving back in this offense. There's no question about that. 

Lindsay has looked (and performed) better, no doubt, but he's still the 1B in a bad offense. 

6 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Who’s starting him this weekend? He’s looking like the superior back in their offense, but still needs more touches. 

I’m starting him as my RB2. I have limited options but at the same time I’m optimistic.