NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Henry 2020 Outlook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would throw Hockenson in that group. He's been consistent. I still rather play Henry every week than stream. The top streamers this week in my league were Ross Dwelley, Doyle, Albert O. Henry only h

Tyrol Taylor made Charles Clay a fantasy relevant tight end. Play HH until he breaks

Every year Tyrod started no player caught more then 60 balls, Allen has 90-100 catches last several years he’s not a big play guy.  His production will take a serious hit if Herbert doesn’t get the ca

17 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

@matanp I say we both came out alright in that one. 

yessir!  was definitely hoping for a 20 pointer after that first quarter, but I am very, very happy to get 15 points from my TE the way this season's been with the TE position.  And I'm sure you're happy it didn't go for more.  So, 🤝.

Also to be on point, I think Henry played really well.  Blocked well, released well, caught passes well.  Can be in for another big game depending on the WR's health next week.

1 minute ago, matanp said:

yessir!  was definitely hoping for a 20 pointer after that first quarter, but I am very, very happy to get 15 points from my TE the way this season's been with the TE position.  And I'm sure you're happy it didn't go for more.  So, 🤝.

Also to be on point, I think Henry played really well.  Blocked well, released well, caught passes well.  Can be in for another big game depending on the WR's health next week.

yeah, I like the kid. Has gobs of potential, had him at one point this year but dropped him. GL this weekend!

24 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I like him, and he did just post his best game of the season, but I think I may have over-valued him.

He's a good not great TE.

In the wasteland that is TE, I do appreciate him. He’s been healthy, and decent enough. 

Just now, JAG_challam said:

He's consistent. Which in and of itself is valuable. He won't win you any weeks, but he won't completely disappear and cost you any weeks either. Always good to have at least a couple of those in your lineup.

Well, the NE game notwithstanding 😂😬😭

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

I like him, and he did just post his best game of the season, but I think I may have over-valued him.

He's a good not great TE.

He’s talented, but Herbert just doesn’t look for him that much. He has a bromance going on with Keenan Allen.

This has been a relatively healthy season for HH - played in 14 games. But he doesn't have much to show for it, particularly with the best QB he's had during his now 5-year career. His yards per game (43.8) is the lowest since his second season and his ypc is a career low (10.2) while he posts a tie for his career low in TDs (4). 

I'm going to give Henry one more chance in dynasty - I own him on the cheap so I can afford to. But he does not look long for my roster at this point - I'll be looking to unload him first chance something better comes up at this point. He has a ton of ability but it is not translating into anything other than mediocre - at best -results.

Parham?  I would say yeah, with Keenan Allen banged up.

I'll be curious to see where Hunter Henry lands next year.  If he resignes with the Chargers, I'll definitely have mixed feelings about it.

7 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Is Henry's backup worth considering?

I'm not even sure if he's the direct backup but Parham AFAIK would likely take most of the snaps. The dude is beastly as far as physical size and ability but he gets used so sparingly ordinarily - it's tough to tell if he would be involved enough to make a difference on such short notice. 

High upside TE2 - decent-home run type play imo. Again I caution - Chargers could use Anderson more I'm not sure.