NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Robby or Miller for any of these WRs? WHIR

12 team standard, 2 WRs start and a rb/wr/te flex. Have Anthony Miller and Robby Anderson behind AJB,Diggs, Cooks, and Shepard. Dont have other drops. Probably want to hold on to Miller 

Would you drop either of them for players like Bryan Edwards, Raegor, Lazard? 

Edited by vthokie3

I may drop Anderson for Edwards. i think Edwards has more upside if the reports from training camp are true.

Anderson is a fine player, but he's the field stretcher and Moore is the possession receiver. I don't think Anderson's skillset goes well with a QB like Bridgewater. 

2 hours ago, rasrar said:

I may drop Anderson for Edwards. i think Edwards has more upside if the reports from training camp are true.

Anderson is a fine player, but he's the field stretcher and Moore is the possession receiver. I don't think Anderson's skillset goes well with a QB like Bridgewater. 

Yeah I agree. That's sort of where my mindset is. Anderson was actually a misclick for me on draft day haha Edwards getting alot of hype. Figured Panthers didnt pay Robby all that cash for nothing but he is a distant 3rd behind Moore and CMC for looks

• Like 1

Bumping this with the latest news as Raegor practiced today.

So we have Raegor, rookie with a shoulder issue but Wentz as a big plus at QB and a good offense

Lazard with Rodgers at QB but distant 3rd option behind Adam's and Jones

Edward's starting with Carr and a rookie behind Waller and possibly Ruggs

Anderson- veteran with familiarity with Rhules offense but his deep threat doesn't fit Teddys game and left for scraps behind CMC and DJ Moore

I'd drop Robby for Reagor, Reagor will be the WR1 on that team, you just prob won't be playing him week 1 or 2.  Bridgewater doesn't throw downfield (worst aDot in the league) and I don't see Robby getting a lot of reliable targets ahead of CMC and Moore.  Thanks for mine.

• Like 1

I'd probably drop Robby or Miller, but like you mentioned it's a tough choice between Edwards and Raegor. Think I like Edwards, if the reports we're hearing lately hold water seems like he could do ok for himself this season.

• Like 1

I'll be the sole Anderson fan.  I'm from Louisville.  Bridgewater is an under-rated deep-ball passer.  Moore will draw CB1 attention, CMC will draw double-teams, and Anderson will get free a few times a game.  There will be a few let-down weeks, but more often than not, I see ~ 5-130-1 being his line, which I think is better than you can get on the wire.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, skh502 said:

I'll be the sole Anderson fan.  I'm from Louisville.  Bridgewater is an under-rated deep-ball passer.  Moore will draw CB1 attention, CMC will draw double-teams, and Anderson will get free a few times a game.  There will be a few let-down weeks, but more often than not, I see ~ 5-130-1 being his line, which I think is better than you can get on the wire.

Nice to get a variety of opinions! I'm pretty intrigued as Anderson as been stuck with the jets and youd have to think CMC, DJ are a better offense and that Rhule/Brady will help. Hoping cooks gets scratched tonight so I can slide him into my IR

On 9/8/2020 at 2:00 PM, vthokie3 said:

12 team standard, 2 WRs start and a rb/wr/te flex. Have Anthony Miller and Robby Anderson behind AJB,Diggs, Cooks, and Shepard. Dont have other drops. Probably want to hold on to Miller 

I'd 100% drop Robby Anderson for Bryan Edwards. Bridgewater doesn't throw the deep ball. I don't like the Carolina WR options outside of Moore this year. Whereas Bryan Edwards could finish as the #1 WR in Oakland.

• Like 1

I'd drop both of those guys and grab Edwards and then either Reagor or Lazard.

Rodgers isn't the Rodgers of year's past, but he's still a really good QB and someone is going to be his number 2, most signs point to Lazard. He could be a guy who puts up a sneaky 70 catch, 950 yard, 8 TD season and is a great bye week sub. 

Reagor is a guy I'd only pick up if you can stash him for a few weeks. But he has a ton of potential even in a redraft to put up some great numbers, as a bye week fill in or FLEX play he's a guy who could be a week winner for you. Philly has Ertz, Sanders and Scott to throw to, and some Goedert. Jeffery is kinda washed and even Jackson too and both are really off injuries. Reagor's shoulder isn't great right now and he's a rookie, but there's a reason they stayed put at 21 and took Reagor. 

I did forget this was STD and not PPR when typing the above, so I'd probably temper my expectations any of those 3 can have for more then a fill in, but I'd still drop both Robby and Miller for 2 of those 3.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:00 PM, vthokie3 said:

I like Raegor if you can wait to see if he pans out. Lazard has some good upside too if he locks in the #2 WR in that offense. I’d drop R. Anderson for either of those!

• Like 1