NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just finished my last draft, only 8 team with deep benches, but am pretty happy.

Starting 1 QB w/ .5 points per completion. 3 wr, 2 rb, 1te, 1 flex, K, D 8 bench spots

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Moore, Juju, Odell, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Shepard, Lazard

RB: Saquon, Mixon, Gurley, Dobbins, Montgomery, Moss

TE: Kittle, Hurst

K: Elliott

D : Philly

Let me know your thoughts, WHIR 100%!

21 minutes ago, evobeatsti said:

Just finished my last draft, only 8 team with deep benches, but am pretty happy.

Starting 1 QB w/ .5 points per completion. 3 wr, 2 rb, 1te, 1 flex, K, D 8 bench spots

For 8 an 8 teamer, not crazy about it. Love the TE situation. Ryan is steady as they come at QB, Barkley will challenge CMC for interstellar domination....Mixon and Gurley will underperform relative to their draft spots (guessing Mixon was your 2nd pick)... guessing there were better options when you picked them, but hopefully they click for you, and Odell

10 minutes ago, habslive said:

For 8 an 8 teamer, not crazy about it. Love the TE situation. Ryan is steady as they come at QB, Barkley will challenge CMC for interstellar domination....Mixon and Gurley will underperform relative to their draft spots (guessing Mixon was your 2nd pick)... guessing there were better options when you picked them, but hopefully they click for you, and Odell

Grabbed Mixon in the 2nd which was tough because I like Jacobs, Sanders, etc. Gurley dropped to the 6th so couldnt pass on him there as my RB3. Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, habslive said:

First:  I can guarantee there are better options than Lazard on the wire in an 8 team. I know you said the benches are deep, but that's the only name that doesn't fit.  He would be my first cut (and he will be my first cut in my 12 team keeper league with relatively deep benches).

Overall it's a solid team, but it lacks the kind of dominant position by position stacking that I presume would win an 8 team league.  The best way I can put this is... I almost/kinda prefer the 10 teamer in your signature.  That is a very sick team for a 10 team league!  High end performers at every position.  I would put that team up against your 8 teamer from this thread week 1, and that is my review in a nutshell.  It's a solid team, but an 8 teamer will likely require more than solid.  I haven't played in a league smaller than 10 teams before though so I'd be interested in seeing other rosters.  Maybe post a roster of a team you think should be one of the top teams.

5 hours ago, evobeatsti said:

Solid team, should be a contender but I’m sure in a 8 teamer there are are a lot of good teams, gl