NBC Sports Edge Forums

9/9 - GAME DAY THREAD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Atlanta did not remove one of their starters in the game.  Marlins can't be happy.

Unbelievable!! He absolutely rocketed that granny. Satan: Hey Don (Mattingly), you guys are gonna get 9 tonight, you take that? Don: F yeah! Satan: 😈😈😈

Adam Duvall with the best line of the season? 

Posted Images

CS letting Boyd off the hook over here. 3 straight doubles but only 1 run.

Burnes let's go!  Keeper?

Impressive first inning. Pitches darting around and pretty well spotted.

---

EDIT: 4 doubles and a walk, but still only 2 runs cuz the guy gets himself out at 3b.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

One ball out of IF for Burnes so far. Lazy fly from Miggy. He's got them off balance. Not one good swing in there.

Burnes looks amazing, again. Little armside run on the misses but coming back and getting guys. No Walks - LOVE IT! Fortunately got him in there too, thanks to Boyd looks like he's on his way to a W.

• Thanks 1

Gave up a triple off the top of the walk but got out of it.

I was kinda thinking he had a chance for a no hitter. Didn't wanna say it obviously.

Looking great again.

They were saying big diff this year is that he's able to locate the ball both sides of the plate. The cutter's been another huge weapon.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Gave up a triple off the top of the walk but got out of it.

I was kinda thinking he had a chance for a no hitter. Didn't wanna say it obviously.

Looking great again.

They were saying big diff this year is that he's able to locate the ball both sides of the plate. The cutter's been another huge weapon.

Sean Casey and co were swooning over that backdoor cutter. Such a good pitch. I know it's 10000% easier said than done, but the way these guys pitch these days, I think I would be half swinging on everything the way they're able to throw balls that look like strikes and strikes that look like balls.

Just in case anyone is wondering how things matched up for anyone who started both these guys...lol:

image.png.220433b7dd7799780320a61abc9bea83.png

image.png.39b944f629b16aa375aa6de6fb8a8b8e.png

Edit - Thank you, Mr. Burnes. Thank you very much. Bye Bye Mr. Boyd...back to the Wire where you belong ><

Edited by aapox

I own Keston Hiura in 5 out of 10 leagues. I own zero other Brewers hitters across those 10 leagues. I can’t properly express the level of disappointment coming home from work and opening up that 19-0 box score and seeing Hiura 0 for 2 with no runs, RBIs, etc and leaving the game early. Sigh.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, aapox said:

Just in case anyone is wondering how things matched up for anyone who started both these guys...lol:

image.png.220433b7dd7799780320a61abc9bea83.png

image.png.39b944f629b16aa375aa6de6fb8a8b8e.png

Edit - Thank you, Mr. Burnes. Thank you very much. Bye Bye Mr. Boyd...back to the Wire where you belong ><

No offense, but I think Boyd should have been dropped a long time ago.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

No offense, but I think Boyd should have been dropped a long time ago.

None taken. I streamed him because our league is very jumbled together on Wins and K's. He didn't help :P

Why is Pablo Lopez the worst pitcher in baseball now? Did the clock strike midnight somewhere?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Why is Pablo Lopez the worst pitcher in baseball now? Did the clock strike midnight somewhere?

You posted this before the 3-run homer, right? Hahahah. oh man, woe is me and Pablo owners. He's in his head. The stuff is all still there. He might have some shell shock left from that meltdown vs. Tampa.

1 minute ago, aapox said:

You posted this before the 3-run homer, right? Hahahah. oh man, woe is me and Pablo owners. He's in his head. The stuff is all still there. He might have some shell shock left from that meltdown vs. Tampa.

1 minute ago, aapox said:

He has no stuff and does not belong in the majors...he needs to retire and forfeit his entire salary

• Haha 1