NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jackson 2020 Outlook

16 hours ago, herschel said:

i dont think lynn loves him, but i also dont think jackson is bellcow material.  lynn needs to use them both.  i think last weeks 50/50 split was a result of jacksons injury.  assuming hes healthy, could see jj's timeshare tick up to 60-65%.

he was getting more snaps than Ekeler too, thats infuriating

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Any injury updates?

He practiced in full the last two days and is now off the injury report. Seems like he's good to go. This week we find out if he was limited a tad last week or if that was normal snap count. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

three FPs this week and no injury designation for Sunday.  Don't like the match-up but I bet he will get more run than Kelley this week.  Still think he can be a decent low-end RB2 in PPR formats.

• Thanks 1

Yep, he won the starting role tonight. Might even get more in future weeks as Pope's injury might sideline him for awhile. Kelley looks like he's firmly cemented as the backup. Not a better receiver, not a better runner, not a better blocker.

I'm still waiting for them to bring another three or four RBs out of a cupboard somewhere.

Nice return though. I disagree that this is his ceiling, because (a) he didn't get a TD, despite more than one big gain and (b) if Pope misses time that should give him even more touches. They may be reducing those touches because of concern for injury, but we still saw 17 carries and 5 targets.

Yeah I think his ceiling is farily decent.

The way the chargers use their RBs in the receiving game, he has a good chance of taking a screen to the house, which is how Ekeler made his money. Also, we haven't seen a lot of close goal line plays from the Chargers in general lately to re-evaluate how this backfield looks at the goal line. Today, it was all 30yd field goals or TD bombs. Last week, JJ wasn't healthy. Kelley might have been the goal line back early in the season, but I doubt he's a shoe in for that after subpar performance after subpar performance.

Edited by harck
56 minutes ago, harck said:

Yep, he won the starting role tonight. Might even get more in future weeks as Pope's injury might sideline him for awhile. Kelley looks like he's firmly cemented as the backup. Not a better receiver, not a better runner, not a better blocker.

Pope, who looked great, suffered a concussion

not sure if its a glitch, but yahoo updated his points to double digits for the rest of the season. looking to see if theres any updates on ekeler's return, but if not, looks like he could be the guy if he stays healthy? honestly watching the game, he looked the most explosive (and finally healthy) from the 3 backs and pope was having a nice run until the concussion. suddenly he's not my bye week drop and may actually be a serviceable rb3 with rb2 updside for ROS, pending ekeler and health 

• Like 1

i think the rushing yards might be his ceiling, but 3 receptions/0 tds are obviously not ceiling level.  assuming similar usage (if not more) moving forward, i think he has a fairly safe floor of low double digits with rb2 upside.

Not sure how anyone can view this as anything other than an unmitigated monster W for J-Jack. He handled a large share and looked really good doing so.

I am not even thinking about Ekeler, he is a long ways off and JJ can lock down his old feature role. That is a high level PPR RB2, esp the way this offense is rolling with Herbert and the kinda of light schedule they have...plus the defense appears to be moving backwards (at least slightly) too.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not sure how anyone can view this as anything other than an unmitigated monster W for J-Jack. He handled a large share and looked really good doing so.

I am not even thinking about Ekeler, he is a long ways off and JJ can lock down his old feature role. That is a high level PPR RB2, esp the way this offense is rolling with Herbert and the kinda of light schedule they have...plus the defense appears to be moving backwards (at least slightly) too.

I agree, but I would still limit him running between the tackles, He's just not built for that kind of pounding. If he gets 15-20 touches a game through carries and receptions, I think he's a solid RB2

8 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

I agree, but I would still limit him running between the tackles, He's just not built for that kind of pounding. If he gets 15-20 touches a game through carries and receptions, I think he's a solid RB2

Looks like he was doing some work between the tackles yesterday:

Justin Jackson Week 8 Carry Chart

• Like 1

Keep in mind this nice game was against Denver, the NFL's #8 run defense per DVOA and #3 fantasy defense vs RBs.

The schedule really opens up from here.

Week 9  LV

Week 10  @MIA

Week 11  NYJ

Week 12  @BUF

Week 13  NWE

Week 14  ATL

Week 15  @LV

Week 16  DEN

• Like 5