NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade AJ Brown for J.Taylor in a PPR keeper?

AJ Brown is a 6th round keeper next year. J.Taylor will be a 3rd. They will bump up one round every year.

I have Zeke and A.Jones at starting RB. I am using the flex for a WR currently. I have Golladay, McLaurin, Diggs, Pittman and Kirk at WR with Brown.

If I made the trade, I would also then drop T.Coleman for Bryan Edwards.

Whatchoo think?

9 hours ago, laracco said:

AJ Brown is a 6th round keeper next year. J.Taylor will be a 3rd. They will bump up one round every year.

I have Zeke and A.Jones at starting RB. I am using the flex for a WR currently. I have Golladay, McLaurin, Diggs, Pittman and Kirk at WR with Brown.

If I made the trade, I would also then drop T.Coleman for Bryan Edwards.

Whatchoo think?

In a keeper league I would 100% make that deal. Indy is not bringing back Mack after this season. Thus, Taylor will be the bellcow and a top 10 RB heading into next season. Buy while the price is cheap, because you won't get him for Brown come next season. This is a trade where you're giving up a WR2 to buy into future top 10 RB value. It's definitely worth it. 

29 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

In a keeper league I would 100% make that deal. Indy is not bringing back Mack after this season. Thus, Taylor will be the bellcow and a top 10 RB heading into next season. Buy while the price is cheap, because you won't get him for Brown come next season. This is a trade where you're giving up a WR2 to buy into future top 10 RB value. It's definitely worth it. 

Wrong thread.

In a keeper league, you can't fall in love with players - you win by maximizing value.  Brown in the 6th is a MUCH better value than Taylor in the 3rd.  We've already seen that Brown can be a #1 WR.  If Taylor ends up splitting carries with Mack and cedes 3rd down to Hines, he may be available to draft in the 3rd or close to it anyway next season.  If Brown continues to ball, you'll have him at value for several more years.