NBC Sports Edge Forums

START PARKER OR EDELMAN FOR MY WR3???

START PARKER OR EDELMAN FOR MY WR3? PHINS VS PATS IM FROM BOSTON! HOPING PARKER SHOULD BE GOOD BY SUNDAY BUT IDK TOUGH MATCHUP EVEN THOUGH HE TORCHED GILMORE LAST TIME. WHO SHOULD I START??? PPR

Edited by Dboy94

What's the format? If half or full PPR, I'd go with Edelman for Week 1. I like Parker better for the season, but Edelman gives you the luxury to wait and see how things will work out in Miami's suddenly crowded group of talented pass-catchers. Also, one would have to figure that Gilmore lines up on parker for AT LEAST half of his snaps. 

1 minute ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

What's the format? If half or full PPR, I'd go with Edelman for Week 1. I like Parker better for the season, but Edelman gives you the luxury to wait and see how things will work out in Miami's suddenly crowded group of talented pass-catchers. Also, one would have to figure that Gilmore lines up on parker for AT LEAST half of his snaps. 

PPR I JUST CHECKED EDELMANS GAME AGAINST THE DOLPHINS LAST SEASON. 5 AND 9 POINTS. HMMMM. PARKER GOT 20 AGAINST GILMORE LAST GAME. TOUGH CALL. 

2 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

HAHA YOU THINK??? AHHHH. IDK NOW. HOPING HES HEALTHY BY SUNDAY. 

Don't sweat it too much. Just depends on your gut and your risk tolerance. Edelman is the safer bet to make a solid contribution Week 1, but Parker likely has the higher ceiling. I usually tend to play it safe to start the season, but you could certainly make a case for either option. 

2 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

START PARKER OR EDELMAN FOR MY WR3? PHINS VS PATS IM FROM BOSTON! HOPING PARKER SHOULD BE GOOD BY SUNDAY BUT IDK TOUGH MATCHUP EVEN THOUGH HE TORCHED GILMORE LAST TIME. WHO SHOULD I START??? PPR

Too much upside with Parker not to play him. Sure he's missed a lot of camp and is injured, but he offers top 10 upside. Not sure that can be said about Edelman. It depends on the rest of your lineup though. I'm all about upside at flex, so I want Parker's ceiling over Edelman's floor.

Edited by CamNewton