NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitch Trubisky 2020 Outlook

the bears brought in foles to be the starter... turns out Mitch is a practice time champ beat out foles and they are giving him a go to be the starter at least for the first game against the lions... any sleeer material here? Seems like his first season ended with some qb1 games then completely fell apart last year and one of the worst qbs in the league... he has been hot this off season says he has renewed confidence and swagger he's moving his feet making his reads... back from the dead ready to lead da bears??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤣😂 Definitely will be if he repeats last year... but on the off chance he lives up to his draft billing of the guy that went before Mahomes...thatd be something... albeit farfetched 

Nah, he was bad for 75% and turned it on in the 4th quarter.    He made some bad throws and even the announcers were questioning whether we would see him in the 2nd half. Looked like lions just

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's gonna be working construction ripping cigs with Blake bortles this time next year. 

🤣😂 Definitely will be if he repeats last year... but on the off chance he lives up to his draft billing of the guy that went before Mahomes...thatd be something... albeit farfetched 

• Like 2

Foles will have the job by week 4 when the Bears are 1-2.

Waiting til then to scoop him up in hopes he'll catch lightning in a bottle again. I just don't see any real growth from Mitch. The raw talent is there but he's missing that certain something all good QBs have.

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He, Watson and Mahomes are like the Olajuwon, Bowie, and Michael Jordan of the NFL.

I'll let you figure out who's who.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Mitch Trubisky 2020 Outlook
5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Texan here. I'll take 2 titles and a Dream. 

Yeah I mean Hakeem was so good that no one even second guesses or really what-ifs the fact that they didn't draft the best player ever. Watson not on that level but good enough to be under center for a few Super Bowls.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Yeah I mean Hakeem was so good that no one even second guesses or really what-ifs the fact that they didn't draft the best player ever. Watson not on that level but good enough to be under center for a few Super Bowls.

Just need owners that care and will run BOB out of town before he burns the franchise to the ground. 

59 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

He, Watson and Mahomes are like the Olajuwon, Bowie, and Michael Jordan of the NFL.

I'll let you figure out who's who.

Very apt analogy. Now also include a blurb in there saying that the Bears not only passed up on MJ and Hakeem but traded up 1 spot to draft Bowie. Double whammy of a move.

In other news, QB3 at best this season. More likely to finish as a QB4 after his inevitable benching to Foles.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Imagine being so inept that you keep someone as immensely talented as A-Rob completely out of the conversation of best WR. His prime years are being wasted on that Bears team. Really, Mitch peaked when he drunkenly tweeted about his love for large-bosomed women. All downhill from there.

Edited by sleepysock
3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

3 tds no turnovers... i mean he wasn't half bad

Nah, he was bad for 75% and turned it on in the 4th quarter. 

He made some bad throws and even the announcers were questioning whether we would see him in the 2nd half. Looked like lions just gave it away. They had a chance to seal it by running 3 times and punting and instead Stafford throws a pick on 3rd. 

I don’t think trubisky improved at all from last year. 

Also missed Kmet by half a mile for a 3 yard td 

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Nah, he was bad for 75% and turned it on in the 4th quarter. 

He made some bad throws and even the announcers were questioning whether we would see him in the 2nd half. Looked like lions just gave it away. They had a chance to seal it by running 3 times and punting and instead Stafford throws a pick on 3rd. 

I don’t think trubisky improved at all from last year. 

Also missed Kmet by half a mile for a 3 yard td 

guy missed a couple but he made some very tough throws, and maybe Kmet had to cut in and went out, you never know. Better stat line than Watson and Mahomes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

guy missed a couple but he made some very tough throws, and maybe Kmet had to cut in and went out, you never know. Better stat line than Watson and Mahomes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It was all in the 4th. 

Color me skeptical but I think this is one of his best games this season. 

10 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

& you’re not gonna put that on the play calling of Nagy’s big brain at all???

Oh man I rip Nagy all the time. Fire nagy, pace and trubisky. 

Nagy does have some horrible play calling but Trubisky can’t make reads or throw. 

33 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Oh man I rip Nagy all the time. Fire nagy, pace and trubisky. 

Nagy does have some horrible play calling but Trubisky can’t make reads or throw. 

mitch looked a little more comfortable in the pocket, footwork was still sloppy here and there along with some throws. But Nagy called a lot of runs (ironically) & backfield passes to RBs. 

• Like 1