NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitch Trubisky 2020 Outlook

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ūü§£ūüėā Definitely will be if he repeats last year... but on the off chance he lives up to his draft billing of the¬†guy that went before Mahomes...thatd be something... albeit farfetched¬†

Nah, he was bad for 75% and turned it on in the 4th quarter.    He made some bad throws and even the announcers were questioning whether we would see him in the 2nd half. Looked like lions just

To borrow a catchphrase from the dorks, Mitch is gonna EAT today.  Chomp chomp chomp.  There will be many inaccurate passes and Bears fans will be livid, but his point totals will still look great.  Fire up Allen Robinson and Anthony Miller with confidence.  Hell, fire up Cole Kmet!  Why the hell not?

• Haha 1

Anybody have the balls to start him this week? Great matchup in the dome at Atlanta, and has other good matchups coming up.

My other options include Fitz @ Jags (Thursday games are usually wack tho), Rivers against the Jets, Goff at Buffalo, maybe Baker against the Skins but they have an elite line which could wreck him.

I'm currently sitting on Brees and Wentz so you can see why I'm contemplating starting Trubes haha.

Edited by Mustangt125
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NeverEnough- said:

Am I the only one that would be surprised if he starts this week?

Foles has one more shot. Colts defense is tops in the league. But they were 2-0 (kinda) with Trashbisky. 1-1 with Foles. I think this week is where any questions will pop up. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When asked if Mitchell Trubisky would start in Week 13 against the Lions, Bears coach Matt Nagy responded, "I don't see why not."

We do. Trubisky was horrendous in his return to the field for Nick Foles (hip/glute), completing 56.5% of his passes and coughing up a fumble-six to gift the Packers a four-score lead in the first half. He also took three sacks and averaged 5.3 YPA while missing open receivers at every level of the field. Allen Robinson got there with two touchdowns Sunday night, but this offense is clearly in the part of a shipwreck when everyone is scrounging for lifeboats. Tyler Bray will likely get looks at some point if this keeps up.

Nov 30, 2020, 2:13 PM ET

Whaaaatt?!  This isn't really fantasy relevant, because I would hope that nobody is starting this fool.

But is Nagy TRYING to get fired?  Did he see Mitchipoo throw into triple coverage leading to a horrible INT?  Did he see him falter in the red zone time and time again until the game was already decided?  WTF is going on here?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, CooL said:

Whaaaatt?!  This isn't really fantasy relevant, because I would hope that nobody is starting this fool.

But is Nagy TRYING to get fired?  Did he see Mitchipoo throw into triple coverage leading to a horrible INT?  Did he see him falter in the red zone time and time again until the game was already decided?  WTF is going on here?

Well some of us are in super flex leagues where almost all teams have 3 QBs rostered. And when you lose a QB like Dak, playing Mitch becomes appealing. I may have to start him next week if Fitzmagic does not start. 

This is a good matchup fantasy wise so I am hoping Mitch starts. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Well some of us are in super flex leagues where almost all teams have 3 QBs rostered. And when you lose a QB like Dak, playing Mitch becomes appealing. I may have to start him next week if Fitzmagic does not start. 

This is a good matchup fantasy wise so I am hoping Mitch starts. 

Yes of course, 2 QB and superflex leagues obviously need every starting QB.  My condolences.  I think Mitch does seem to have some good history against Lions, but you never know with this guy.  Watching him throw into clear triple coverage was ludicrous.  The offense is anemic.  The Pack went for it on fourth down several times because they didn't really care if they left the Bears with a short field.  Bears need a new QB.  Dwayne Haskins would be a better option than Mitchipoo.

• Like 1

Mitch put up 22 points for me in my superflex last night. The thing is neither him nor Foles are good actual quarterbacks but Mitch at least seems to get some garbage time points and will run it every once in awhile.

At this point Nagy is basically picking whether he dies by firing squad or by lethal injection. There is no good NFL qb on that roster, there is no correct decision for him here. He might as well start the guy that might benefit my fantasy team a tad. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

It's a good thing then that DET is the only opponent Mighty Mitch shows up for.

But would anyone be surprised if he throws three picks in the first half and gets benched. I'd have a really hard time starting him in any league where I needed a win. 

In a must-win game for their wild card hopes, is Trubisky suddenly very relevant this week with news of both Trufant and Okudah being out?

Feels like this could be a potential 25-30 Point blowup spot for Mitch.

"Lions CB Jeffrey Okudah (shoulder) is out for Week 13 against the Bears.

Okudah has been dealing with various injuries throughout his rookie season and has been a relative disappointment as the Lions' No. 3 overall pick. Fortunately for Okudah, he's a 21-year-old rookie that should improve greatly with more reps. For Week 13, Allen Robinson and company will face a defense that's missing their top two corners in Okudah and Desmond Trufant (IR)."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I might be nuts, but I think he could be a top 10 play this week and have a ceiling type game...hopefully I talk myself out of this, can someone help me lol.

He could have a fine game, he could also throw 3 picks in the first half and get replaced by Foles. Super risky. If I had a safer option, that's the way I'd go. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I might be nuts, but I think he could be a top 10 play this week and have a ceiling type game...hopefully I talk myself out of this, can someone help me lol.

other options around his qb rank this week have just as many terrible gamscripts/outcomes

cam @ mia could easily go  5 pt dud

big ben @ cin. could be awful game script especially with a def td.

teddy b @ gb. divisional cold

carr vs lac. divisional its derek carr