NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

pdog109

Not a directly personal CSB, but my playoff opponent, who kept McCaffrey, and drafted Michael Thomas, not only made the playoffs, but was the 1st seed, lol. Looking at his schedule and the pts for/against, he was middle of the pack in pts for (5th), but was 1st (aka, least amount of) pts against by almost 200 pts, so he definitely got a bit of scheduling luck that I can hopefully reverse this week, lol

20 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I made 4 JA predictions in the offseason:

1) JA would lead the Bills to at least a 12-4 record.

2) JA would have at least 40 total TDs.

3) JA would be a Top 3 MVP candidate.

4) JA would be a Top 3 Fantasy QB.

I might go 4-for-4.

I must've missed that. Did you post that earlier in this thread or was it in the Bold Predictions thread?

6 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I dropped Zeke and my opponent added him lol

He owns Henry so my odds of winning aren't great but last night helped.

20201220_065949.jpg

ahhhhhh, yes - the ol' landmine tactic, eh?

still a chance Zeke is held out today, albeit a very small one, because that kid always suits up, i'll give him that 👍 

guess in your case it's better if he plays and underwhelms/cedes majority of touches to Pollard - the Beeze got you off to a great start, basically neutering Adams.  

I'm here to brag about how awesome I am for predicting things that happened, completely ignore all I was wrong about and refuse to admit I'm capable of being wrong. 

If shown statistical facts that "prove" I'm wrong I'll just move the goal post and change the argument so I can forever believe I'm right in my own mind.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I was going to cruise to victory this week, instead I was down by 14 with Brees and Kamara left, my opponent still had Murray, Sanders, CEH, Butker, and the Chiefs D. Rest of my lineup: Henry, Taylor, AJ Brown, Jefferson, Tonyan, Koo, Rams D. CBS site had me at a 1% chance of victory.

The only way I had a chance is a Brees-Kamara TD. Saints strip sack Mahomes and a few plays later, it happens - now I'm up by 1.8 pts. Chiefs drive and Butker kicks a FG, he's up by 2.4. Saints get pushed to 4th down and I'm thinking it's not looking good, but Brees ends up pulling out a TD drive and I win.

Had his 1st TD been to someone other than Kamara, I would have lost by 0.3. Fingers crossed I can win the ship next week!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, PisEdiRin said:

I made 4 JA predictions in the offseason:

1) JA would lead the Bills to at least a 12-4 record.

2) JA would have at least 40 total TDs.

3) JA would be a Top 3 MVP candidate.

4) JA would be a Top 3 Fantasy QB.

I might go 4-for-4.

Cool. Sooooo...are we supposed to ignore all of the other predictions you were yelling about in size 35 all-caps font in the preseason?

Also you're STILL fighting with nobody about this josh allen thing, pretending that you were the only one who like him before the season while the rest of the board hated him. That's just not the case and Allen got tons of love from almost all corners for the start of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Despite a couple bad lineup decisions, I have a .26, yes point two six, lead after the first week of a two week final. It's going to come right down to the wire, it would seem. 

Packers play the Titans next Sunday night. I have Aaron Jones. He has Adams and Henry. I'm guessing that the championship will all come down to that one game. 

2 hours ago, bakes781 said:

I heard the broadcasters say that the chiefs might be in a meaningless game next week? I own Mahomes and I'm like wtf! Do I pickup Jalen hurts just in case?

What? Unless Pittsburgh loses to Ryan Finley and the Bengals tonight, the Steelers will be 12-2 and the Chiefs will be 13-1. If the Steelers win out, and the Chiefs lose out, then Pittsburgh would get the bye. Both teams play at the same time next Sunday too. 

So no, it will not be a meaningless game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

What? Unless Pittsburgh loses to Ryan Finley and the Bengals tonight, the Steelers will be 12-2 and the Chiefs will be 13-1. If the Steelers win out, and the Chiefs lose out, then Pittsburgh would get the bye. Both teams play at the same time next Sunday too. 

So no, it will not be a meaningless game. 

In that case I'll be swinging my terrible towel 🤪 as I have been ridding with Mahomes all season long.

In my first round playoff game I thought I was one and done and instead came back from projected to lose by 60 in standard league (which is a huge margin) when at one point yahoo platform showed me with only a 1% chance of winning, but my team magically scored 7 quick TDs in 20 minutes (lead by Miles Sanders 82 yard TD and two Washington Defense TDs) in the late Sunday games. Then was in another big hole again this week and again thought it was all over....and then Jalen Hurst took my fantasy team on his shoulders and brought me to the championship game. Who would have thunk that being dependent on the Eagles offense in the fantasy playoffs would work out? 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bakes781 said:

In that case I'll be swinging my terrible towel 🤪 as I have been ridding with Mahomes all season long.

I really don't think they would bench Mahomes in week 16 anyway. Week 17 maybe. If you sit your starters week 16 and 17, then have the bye, you're basically going a month without your team playing together. You don't have anything to worry about. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, yossarian said:

Cool. Sooooo...are we supposed to ignore all of the other predictions you were yelling about in size 35 all-caps font in the preseason?

Also you're STILL fighting with nobody about this josh allen thing, pretending that you were the only one who like him before the season while the rest of the board hated him. That's just not the case and Allen got tons of love from almost all corners for the start of the season. 

Yes, you're supposed to ignore all the many things he's blatantly wrong about. Or you can not ignore them, but 0% chance he'll ever show up to the thread or acknowledge it ever again 😂 😂

Still waiting for Nyheim Hines to win someone a league and prove Ekeler is a poor man's Nyheim Hines. Maybe in week 16?

• Like 1

Non PPR 12 Team Re- Draft. Picked the following players at the corresponding spots (after some summer pick trading)

1.3)Alvin Kamara

2.22) Davante Adams

3.35) A.J. Brown

4.38) Calvin Ridley

5.55) Ronald Jones 

6.62) Terry McLaurin

7.75) Will Fuller

8.94) Josh Allen

9.99) Hunter Henry

Picked up James Robinson during camp.

Picked up Herbert before the Saints game.

Picked up Dallas Goedert before he came back from injury

Picked up Mike Davis after McCaffrey came back from his injury because the previous Davis owner did not own McCaffery.

Traded Robinson, Ridley, and Jones for Dalvin Cook after Cook's injury

Traded Herbet for JK Dobbins during his bye (immediately regretted that)

But then traded JK Dobbins (Ingram injury) and Goedert (Ertz injury) for Jonathan Taylor after JTs bottoming out against Tennessee.

Flipped Davis for Alexander Mattison handcuff 4 weeks before playoffs (team that got him didn't make it)

12-1 regular season. Clinched a championship spot. Hoping I'm able to bring one home. I'll likely never hit like I did this year again.

• Like 1