NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Last year at my keeper's trade deadline I had a fire sale.   I dumped Brees, Kelce, Mixon, and Curtis Samuel and got extra 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th rounders.   I told everyone Tyreek Hill was gonna take a godfather offer for me to sell............and that offer was a 2nd rounder plus DK Metcalf.   I drafted Allen Robinson with that pick and now Metcalf keeps for a 6th in 2021.

But lets balance out this bragging/fortune with an ugh story to level the karma.  I autodrafted OBJ in the 4th round of a draft when my wifi crashed.  I snagged James Robinson in the last round.   After week 3 and Robinson's peak I start shopping them.  I had so much depth, i just needed that premium receiver and i wanted OBJ off my roster.  Who do i trade those guys for?  Julio Jones!     

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league c

Wooooo, I'm 1-2! Air fryed some filet migon tonight to celebrate my first W. Lets go!  

Not sure what's more funny: a user named "steakaficianado" cheekily beefing about someone's beef, or the same user criticizing the misspelling of "mignon" while misspelling "aficionado".

Posted Images

4-0. Everything is just good.

In week 5 Dak got the season ending injury. Luckily I won week 5.

5-0

But Bell is a chief now and my first rounder CEH is now flex worthy.

One week and everything is screwed.

Edited by Mr_Baller

There aren't many better feelings in Fantasy than that honeymoon period after a trade you're happy with and before any of the guys involved actually play. Just traded away Drake, Beasley, Engram and the Rams for Fuller, Hunter Henry and the Steelers and suddenly I'm so much happier with my team.

26 minutes ago, Tenner said:

For the first time in 10+ years of FF I am currently rostering 3 QBs (Ryan, Minshew, Fitz) and 3 TEs (Tonyan, Waller, Engram). 

I mentioned this to somebody earlier today. My bigger league has been paranoid about QB and TE cover because we have short benches. COVID has just made it even worse. We have people with two TEs on a four-man bench.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

There aren't many better feelings in Fantasy than that honeymoon period after a trade you're happy with and before any of the guys involved actually play. Just traded away Drake, Beasley, Engram and the Rams for Fuller, Hunter Henry and the Steelers and suddenly I'm so much happier with my team.

And like most marriages after the honeymoon, someone is going to feel like "WTF was I thinking?"

12 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

12 team Superflex PPR: my bench today includes Godwin, Mixon, Fuller, and Gaskin.  Starters ar R/W/Flex are Hunt, Mattison, Taylor, Ridley, and Diggs.  Oh and I have Mahomes and had Dak...

This team is getting blown out by a squad that started McKissic and Perine at RB and has only three players who could even make my roster, let alone start. Fantasy, man...

Just now, ludawg23 said:

On the winning side of luck tonight.

Easy TD drop by Gallup early in the game and then Dalton missed Gallup on 13 endzone fades at the end.  Dodged 6 points from Gallup for the win.

That is just so stressful, been there many a time...

Just telling this story in this thread. 

Yesterday I was down 101.5 - 72.65. 

I needed 28.85 points from John Brown and Kenyon Drake to win. 

John Brown put up a donut. 

Drake at halftime had 19 yards and a TD. I went to bed thinking I had lost. 

I woke up to see Drake finished with 164 yards and 2 TDs!!!! For 28.4 points. 

So close....Still thought I lost 101.5 to 101.05. But then- his Ravens D got stat corrected overnight (from 7 points to 6 points). 

I freaking won by 0.55 points. 

Henry and Drake combined for 67 of my 101 points. Tonyan, OBJ, Kupp, Brown and my D combined for just 6 points. And I still won. 

Fantasy gods....Thank You!!!

• Like 1

My CSB after 6 weeks...I'm 6-0 and the highest scoring team in my main league. Of the other top six teams in the top 7 of our league, I've beaten five of them (three at 4-2 and two at 3-3). When not playing me, those five teams are a combined 18-7. In the last two weeks, I've beaten the 2nd and 3rd place teams who are now both 4-2 and are also the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams in the league. And I've had the 4th most points scored against me so far this season. 

Of course, posting this, I've now jinxed myself and will lose to the 2-4 team that I'm matched up with this week. I figure his lineup of Rodgers, Hunt, Monty, Lindsey, Lockett, Adams, Cooper, Ebron, and the Bears D will all go off this week. In this crazy 2020 season, that's what would make the most sense. Lol. 

How desperate am I to find a viable 3rd RB option? 

I have rostered the Niner cuffs (McKinnon & Hasty) and the Packer cuffs (Williams and Dillion). 

I have no kicker and I already missed my opportunity to drop Engram