NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league c

Wooooo, I'm 1-2! Air fryed some filet migon tonight to celebrate my first W. Lets go!  

Not sure what's more funny: a user named "steakaficianado" cheekily beefing about someone's beef, or the same user criticizing the misspelling of "mignon" while misspelling "aficionado".

Posted Images

Scooped Jackson up and held thru his bye for this juicy matchup, but that knee scares me(hateee players leaving early).

Don’t worry I’m not lost otw to the v/r thread. Why you ask?! Because I scooped up Aj Dillon. Been on my watch list for a few weeks so had to pounce with this chance of his.

Never really get strong gut feelings often but did this morning so rolled with it. Based on his college pedigree this matchup could be juicyyy if he gets enough touches. 

13 hours ago, jgardner12 said:

Scooped Jackson up and held thru his bye for this juicy matchup, but that knee scares me(hateee players leaving early).

Don’t worry I’m not lost otw to the v/r thread. Why you ask?! Because I scooped up Aj Dillon. Been on my watch list for a few weeks so had to pounce with this chance of his.

Never really get strong gut feelings often but did this morning so rolled with it. Based on his college pedigree this matchup could be juicyyy if he gets enough touches. 

Nice.

FF man. It's...weird. I know, I know, confirmation bias and all, but I've lost count of the times it's flipped the script in my two main leagues.

Last week, my 14-teamer looks ropey without Russell Wilson and I even trade for Fuller and Hunter Henry knowing I'm not going to be able to use the latter, because I'm sure I'm going to lose. Opponent has a strong team with great matchups. My 10-teamer looks great - my team is strong (despite no Dalvin Cook) and my opponent is missing Kamara, Metcalf and Ekeler.

This week, my oppo in the 14-teamer doesn't even have a FLEX at the start of the week - he's missing Lamar and Hollywood Brown on bye and Chubb on IR. He trades and ends up with Patrick and Shenault at FLEX. I've got a full team with great matchups. My 10-teamer looks terrible - Dalvin Cook and Andrews on bye, Goedert not reactivated so I have to pick up a TE off the wire, then Aaron Jones gets injured. Opponent has a full team with great matchups.

Last week, I absolutely cruise the 14-teamer, and get beaten in the 10-teamer. This week, I get crushed in the 14-teamer but win the 10-teamer by over 40pts.

We know it, of course, but luck plays such a huge part in FF.

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league chat right now lol.

Put up 200 in my dynasty league this week. Only person to hit 200 (also hit it earlier this year) and this is our third year. Half my roster is on IR or bye this week too

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
23 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league chat right now lol.

Put up 200 in my dynasty league this week. Only person to hit 200 (also hit it earlier this year) and this is our third year. Half my roster is on IR or bye this week too

I love this!

Cool story for all other owners in our league as week six I had 11 players(13 if I count defenses) active(including bench) and not one single touchdown.Fairly sure that was first for me in 20+ years of playing this game.

14 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Nice.

Lmao somehow it still worked out for me. Chiefs d got me 26 points to bail me out there and with Carson going down.

Plus I was going to play CeeDee lamb in my flex instead, so I still came out of ahead with AJ’s 1.1.

Although I have been eating crow in the group chat since I was like the future of the packers rbs is being shown today, and ya whoops there lol.

Thought I had lost the week coming into tonight for sure. Started Cam Newton who gave me -0.18 points, and Carson who gave me 4.6. Ended up winning by 1 thanks to ARob and the Rams D combining for 23 fantasy points.

I'm now 2-5 instead of 1-6. 😁

Dominant win this week, Chase Edmonds and Tua stashes both hit this week (Superflex league), I grabbed Antonio Brown, and now I may have CMC coming back just in time to play against the Mike Davis owner. Sweet.

Edited by Vendetta

My fanduel lineup made $3530 across multiple single entry gpp's.

Said lineup was 1900 or 2100 (I forget) over budget on draft kings so paying down at TE from Kelce to Cook and getting a slight better defense Panthers to Football team and said lineup made $48,487.50

Kyler murray won me the week after mckinnon and jonnu dudded. Now in 1st place at 5-2 due to solid wavier wire work and dropping overhyped rotoworld darlings like zack moss and shennault early in the season and trading j kelley for miles gaskin early in the season.

Gonna keep this bumped to get some positivity on the board. Gonna try to avoid talking shop in threads of players who have underperformed...people getting real life mad lol

Sleeper put out an injury announcement earlier that started with the news that Mixon, Michael Thomas, Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders, Godwin and Edelman are out. All six of them are involved in my matchup this week. Fortunately I only have Aaron Jones and Godwin. This might not be the highest scoring game of the year.