NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Gather round me, bros, and let me tell you a story - long, but cool.

Byemageddon for me - we have 4-man benches and I have JRob, Fuller and Chark on bye - this is my team where all the WRs died. He gets 19.20 from Julio Thursday night so I figure the game is up, drop my "WR2" Agholor and pick up Lazard for ROS (and that last bench space). My WRs are Beasley and Ruggs. It's painful. He has Goff and AJ Green, which gives me a chance, but also Kelce, which doesn't. Loads hanging on the Chargers game - I have Hunter Henry and Justin Jackson, he has Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. I'm further behind. Late Sunday, he has the Bears D and a big lead, I have Russell Wilson. Russell keeps on clawing it back, and clawing it back, and suddenly I'm in the lead. Brees and the Saints try incredibly hard to give the Bears some turnovers, but one solitary point means that I have a 7.24pt lead. He has Gallman to come on Monday night.

Most of the guys in my league are in Europe. I'm a critical care nurse, which means long hours and no breaks. I get up early to a load of messages on our board (it's late morning in Europe) - some banter, then my opponent asks if the RoJo or Fournette owner want to trade with him. Half the league then gets into a debate about this while I'm actually starting work - and remember, I'm a critical care nurse, checking messages is not an option. Sure enough, by the time I get to grab a quick sandwich for lunch the RoJo and Fournette owners have added them to the trade block, negotiated, and there's a completed deal. One gets David Johnson, Gallman and $10 FAAB for Shenault and his Tampa RB.

You know which thread this is. You know which RB it was.

101.14 vs 98.50. One of my sweetest victories ever. And there's a decent chance, given that he's in Europe, that he's still asleep and doesn't even know yet.

• Like 2
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league c

Wooooo, I'm 1-2! Air fryed some filet migon tonight to celebrate my first W. Lets go!  

Not sure what's more funny: a user named "steakaficianado" cheekily beefing about someone's beef, or the same user criticizing the misspelling of "mignon" while misspelling "aficionado".

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Byemageddon for me - we have 4-man benches and I have JRob, Fuller and Chark on bye - this is my team where all the WRs died. He gets 19.20 from Julio Thursday night so I figure the game is up, drop my "WR2" Agholor and pick up Lazard for ROS (and that last bench space). My WRs are Beasley and Ruggs. It's painful. He has Goff and AJ Green, which gives me a chance, but also Kelce, which doesn't. Loads hanging on the Chargers game - I have Hunter Henry and Justin Jackson, he has Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. I'm further behind. Late Sunday, he has the Bears D and a big lead, I have Russell Wilson. Russell keeps on clawing it back, and clawing it back, and suddenly I'm in the lead. Brees and the Saints try incredibly hard to give the Bears some turnovers, but one solitary point means that I have a 7.24pt lead. He has Gallman to come on Monday night.

Most of the guys in my league are in Europe. I'm a critical care nurse, which means long hours and no breaks. I get up early to a load of messages on our board (it's late morning in Europe) - some banter, then my opponent asks if the RoJo or Fournette owner want to trade with him. Half the league then gets into a debate about this while I'm actually starting work - and remember, I'm a critical care nurse, checking messages is not an option. Sure enough, by the time I get to grab a quick sandwich for lunch the RoJo and Fournette owners have added them to the trade block, negotiated, and there's a completed deal. One gets David Johnson, Gallman and $10 FAAB for Shenault and his Tampa RB.

101.14 vs 98.50. One of my sweetest victories ever. And there's a decent chance, given that he's in Europe, that he's still asleep and doesn't even know yet.

I won by .7 beat that lol jk. Congrats

That Suh sack at the end beat out his Scotty Miller and 1.3 lead heading into the game. I was a nervous wreck I ain't gonna lie

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I won by .7 beat that lol jk. Congrats

That Suh sack at the end beat out his Scotty Miller and 1.3 lead heading into the game. I was a nervous wreck I ain't gonna lie

Congrats too! Wish I could just go to bed when there's stuff riding on the Monday Night game. Couldn't bring myself to watch it, couldn't bring myself to not check the Play-by-play constantly. Ended up playing Witcher 3 and checking the score whenever there was a cutscene 😁.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Congrats too! Wish I could just go to bed when there's stuff riding on the Monday Night game. Couldn't bring myself to watch it, couldn't bring myself to not check the Play-by-play constantly. Ended up playing Witcher 3 and checking the score whenever there was a cutscene 😁.

Thanks and lol I understand. I watched the first quarter and some of the second and Tampa's Def had zero. Turned it off and they started doing well lol. Scotty was doing well while I was watching too. Turned into a ghost when I turned it off. I'm superstitious too so maybe it worked lol

At 8:19 and 50 seconds EST, I benched Hasty. Immediately I became bummed that I couldn’t root for a player on TNF. I tried quickly to start him again....but failed. He became locked on my bench. 

He scored 1.9 points on my bench.

I literally have no one else. I benched him on straight gut. He was projected 12+ points. 

Best bench of the season for me. 

• Haha 1

In one league last week, put up 40 pts on Thursday, ended up getting destroyed by the Cook/Hill owner.

In my other league, this week put up 40 pts on Thursday, going against the Cook/Hill owner, lol

Big difference being that last week 4 players combined for the 40 pts, while this week, Rodgers alone got me 40. Still bracing for the worst, especially with Cook, lol

Dynasty league all-in roster this week.

12 team PPR.

Watson

Brady

Dalvin Cook

Aaron Jones

James Conner

Michael Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Tyler Lockett

Travis Kelce

Currently in 1st place. If I don't win this league..... 

I just noticed that in my 10-teamer, every single game is now over. Not a single player from MNF is playing for any team. I feel like I have never seen that before. One guy has Damien Harris and Jamison Crowder on his bench, another has James White, another has the Patriots DEF. That's it.

This is crazy. I'm tied for first place right now. I've been the top scoring team 5 of the 9 weeks so far. The other 4 weeks, the team that's tied with me has been the highest scoring team.

Feels so much like a two team league that I'm sure another random team will end up winning the whole thing.

I won it all last year on the back of Lamar in my auction keeper IDP league.  I thought he would be the not-so-secret weapon of my team this year, but instead my team has been anchored by the incredible duo of my other two keepers, one Davante Mr. Biggest Chest Adams and his division rival Dalvin Keep Cook'in. 

Started off a bit slow when they both missed some games, but the stud performances for both of them since then has me at 6-3, in 2nd place, and the highest points in the league by at least 100 points.  Picking up James RB1nszn off of waivers before Week 1 also doesn't hurt.

If they keep it up, I believe I can win out and go strong into the playoffs, with a good chance to try repeating.  

I've kept Davante since 2016 after I picked him up off of waivers after his blow-up game, and it's been amazing watching him go from drop city to the #1 WR in the league.  Same for Dalvin, who I drafted in his rookie year and have kept ever since, even with all the injuries.  I had a feeling he was due to become great, just didn't know it would be this good.  

Edited by pepperono
  • Like 1

BYE week hell left me needing a D, but not really wanting to drop anyone to get it. Been trying to trade since last week to open up a roster spot, but no one would bite.

All my players were scheduled at either 1 or 4 PM, same for my opponent, except for his BAL D on SNF. So, I thought I'd play it by ear. If I was either up by 20 or more or down by 20 or more, I'd just go without a D, and if I was in that range, I'd grab either NE D tonight or MIN D tomorrow who were both available, and make a tough cut somewhere

Started off not great, benched DJ Moore, Gibson was doing nothing, McLaurin was stuck at 50 total yds for a while, but then Gibson got 2 TD's, McLaurin got over 100 yds and my K got me 16 pts! Then my 4PM guys beasted and none of his guys got over 10 pts and I had a most comfortable 90 pt lead going into SNF, and I still do and will be able to cruise without a D! 

Very lucky week.

League 1: My 6-3 vs 7-2 league leader. Hopkins last second TD gets me the win.

League 2: My 6-3 pulls out a win due to me benching JK Dobbins and starting Malcom Brown.

League 3: 4-5 (ugh). Still hope for last playoff spot. Played the team that currently has that spot. I have a 10 pt lead with my Thielen still to play. Will hopefully get CMC back and Ekeler soon.

It was a good week.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:15 AM, leffe186 said:

So I absolutely used up all my karma here. The win took me to 5-3, in a league where 7-6 and good points-for should make the playoffs. The next week I benched Chark for Beasley (in the last hour before kick-off), and it cost me the game. The week after I benched Beasley for Amendola...and it cost me the game again. Last week that one Derrick Henry OT TD cost me the game. Now I'm 5-6, in the last-chance saloon, with JK Dobbins almost certainly missing the last two regular season games. C'est la vie.