NBC Sports Edge Forums

9/10 - GAME DAY THREAD

3 hours ago, posty said:

Pouring currently out at IAD...  Braves/Nationals game might be iffy today...

Hasn't rained for a while so I would guess it will be good for tonight...

Get those Braves in your lineups since Voth is on the bump tonight...

Edited by posty
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, posty said:

Hasn't rained for a while so I would guess it will be good for tonight...

Get those Braves in your lineups since Voth is on the bump tonight...

Watch the Braves score 2 runs or less tonight...cuz Baseball (honestly they're so hot I'm expecting 5-10, but you know, baseball be funny)

34 minutes ago, aapox said:

Watch the Braves score 2 runs or less tonight...cuz Baseball (honestly they're so hot I'm expecting 5-10, but you know, baseball be funny)

It wouldn't surprise me one iota...  Tired from swing the bat and running around the bases going up against a bad pitcher...  Voth will probably throw seven shutout innings of three hit baseball...  Especially since I am not starting him tonight...

2 hours ago, posty said:

It wouldn't surprise me one iota...  Tired from swing the bat and running around the bases going up against a bad pitcher...  Voth will probably throw seven shutout innings of three hit baseball...  Especially since I am not starting him tonight...

Good thing you didn't start him! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, posty said:

Could only hold them down for so long! Lol.

So, Acuna + Freeman = best 1-2 hitter combo in the league? Who else is even in the conversation? Trout + Rendon, anyone else? (I'm just posting this without thinking more to get some convo going!)

15 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Gallegos walked off with a trainer and Helsey swiftly allows the Tigers base runners in to win the game. Didn't see the injury, just missed it. Did see my ratios get destroyed. 

Piss-poor managing by Shildt. Helsley hasn’t looked right at all since his return, but, sure, why not, let’s put him in there with bases loaded and no outs even though you have Miller just sitting there on the bench, having only thrown 0.2 IP since the 5th. Smh 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, aapox said:

Could only hold them down for so long! Lol.

So, Acuna + Freeman = best 1-2 hitter combo in the league? Who else is even in the conversation? Trout + Rendon, anyone else? (I'm just posting this without thinking more to get some convo going!)

Tatis + Machado; 2 of 3 Rockies guys; Bryzzo (I WISH! Not really.. cubs fan plug)

Okay, baseball minds brighter than mine...how are people able to so consistently not only put contact on Dustin May but really square him up?

Is his fastball movement that readable? He's throwing pure 100mph smoke with a tail on it and I feel like all year it's not as devestating as it should be.

Is it A) he doesn't disguise well; b) he doesn't work in enough offspeed to keep hitters off balanc; c) combination of both; d) other?