NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Patrick 2020 Outlook

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[...] If he is still on waivers get him immediatley. He is the replacement for Sutton, and has the size and skill to take the #1 postion on the team.  With Lock coming back he is going to ge

Lock's thrown 38 passes this season and all of them came when Sutton was still playing.  I'm rolling with Tim Patrick this week -- he's got a safe looking floor and Denver should be losing and pa

Patrick seems to be a guy that nobody is really talking about.  Heck, he looked pretty good to me out there against the Jets.  Granted, it was the Jets.  But this dude has good size at 6'4 and who kno

Tim Patrick will likely be one of the top four receivers for the Broncos this year, but he has minimal Fantasy value in that role. He's not worth drafting in most leagues. Patrick will compete with DaeSean Hamilton to be the No. 4 receiver in Denver, but the Broncos have three quality weapons ahead of him on the depth chart in Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy and K.J. Hamler. It will be difficult for Patrick to post consistent stats. Patrick struggled in 2019, missing eight games with a hand injury, and he only had one game with double digits in PPR after his return.

per cbs

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, tschwicht said:

Anyone looking at Patrick? Seems like he is on the uptick and a lot of injuries on that offense.

I'm for sure interested. He surprisingly went through waivers unclaimed this week in my main league so it seems like he's still going under the radar. I grabbed Alshon over him when trying to decide who my WR stash was. Mostly due to the next handful of weeks/schedule, but he's definitely going to be someone I keep an eye on. I think he has a lot of what you look for between size/speed/savvy/opportunity to produce, even if he's not special. 

Edited by aapox
  • Like 1

[...]

If he is still on waivers get him immediatley.

He is the replacement for Sutton, and has the size and skill to take the #1 postion on the team.  With Lock coming back he is going to get an uptick in accurate downfield targets.  Everything about this guy seems to pointing upward.

Dont sleep on him if you need WR help and he is still out there.

giphy.gif

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

[...]

If he is still on waivers get him immediatley.

He is the replacement for Sutton, and has the size and skill to take the #1 postion on the team.  With Lock coming back he is going to get an uptick in accurate downfield targets.  Everything about this guy seems to pointing upward.

Dont sleep on him if you need WR help and he is still out there.

giphy.gif

I'm tossing up between him and Jeudy.

1 hour ago, TheByeRound said:

I'm tossing up between him and Jeudy.

Jeudy is great route runner and athleitc after the catch. Perfect WR 2.    That was originally what his role was going to be with Sutton.   Patrick is filling in for Sutton now and has upped his game to make it happen.

Patrick has extreme upside, Jeudy is a good PPR start.  IMO.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Nobody is scared of the Hoodie shutting him down, even without Gilmore?  And that's even if the game gets played.

I would think Hoodie plays it pretty straight up with safety coverage on Jeudy to prevent the big play

• Like 1

Patrick seems to be a guy that nobody is really talking about.  Heck, he looked pretty good to me out there against the Jets.  Granted, it was the Jets.  But this dude has good size at 6'4 and who knows?  I know that Fant and Jeudy aren't exactly stars at this point in their NFL careers.  And even if Hamler is playing, he's a smaller guy and he's not really playing Patricks position either.  As others have said, Patrick is in Sutton's spot.  Whose to say Patrick can't have a decent season?

If you ask me, he's one more good game away from being somebody that starts popping up on all the "experts" waiver adds.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

12 what?

Targets... guy like 2 above mine said plenty of targets... I threw out a number I'd like to see... 12...

Edited by hard1
  • Like 1