NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Patrick 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, tschwicht said:

I agree. And I don't see him slowing down. The Broncos will probably have bad games, but this isn't a fluke week(s). I can see him easily being a WR2 ROS. Best case scenario high end WR2, low end WR1 at EOS. I'm not getting crazy.. yet. But throwing him and Tee Higgins in my lineup this week instead of rolling Gallup out like I have been since week 1 felt real good! 

I honestly don't know that Fant takes too much away from him either. Fant will get touches but I feel like Patrick's role is still going to be what it is, which was Sutton's role. They had to be building a lot around Sutton this year, and if Patrick came in and was playing badly I think they would adjust, but it looks like they are moving the same direction as if Sutton was there.

This isn’t new for him either he had a solid end to 2018 when given an opportunity 

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[...] If he is still on waivers get him immediatley. He is the replacement for Sutton, and has the size and skill to take the #1 postion on the team.  With Lock coming back he is going to ge

Lock's thrown 38 passes this season and all of them came when Sutton was still playing.  I'm rolling with Tim Patrick this week -- he's got a safe looking floor and Denver should be losing and pa

Patrick seems to be a guy that nobody is really talking about.  Heck, he looked pretty good to me out there against the Jets.  Granted, it was the Jets.  But this dude has good size at 6'4 and who kno

2 minutes ago, clintonj8 said:

Was super excited to throw this guy in on a big bye week but doesn't look like the weather is going to make it easy.  

It’s not going to be that bad imo.   The worst of this storm will come later Sunday night and Monday.   Slick conditions don’t scare me off big,  possession wrs anyway.   He’s Denver’s wr1- so the looks are coming every week.  Not a lot of upside but a decent floor and if he scores a td you’re looking at a real nice week.  

• Like 1

Tempted to put him in my starting lineup, going up against KC who will put up points.  Fant and Hamler back which should open up the field more. May lose a few targets but also if KC can get out to a quick lead then Lock should be throwing bombs from the get go... gotta keep an eye on wearing reports,  gonna be a cold one for sure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Tomorrow will dictate if he has taken over or if he was a product of last man standing 

I believe the correct answer, is a bit of both.  

He's played well enough to deserve more touches going forward.

But expect him to be more volatile here on out. 

• Like 2

Yeah it seems like Patrick will still be the guy - Sutton role.  But KC is good at limiting the deep ball this season so we'll see if he and Lock can put together a good game.  Rollin' Ruggs over him due to the KC matchup, but Patrick seems like he has figured it out and will get targets if Lock has time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Well so much for the weather hitting later.   2” of snow on the ground here in Denver-  with much more expected all day and evening.   

this will be an interesting game 

agreed. it's either a defensive slugfest or a shootout from poor tackling. IMO - everyone picking up KC defense expecting to smash the broncos better beware. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's practicing. I'm firing him up as the ceiling on the waivers is not much compared to what he has...high risk high reward. 

Are you confident in him over Jeudy coming off a hamstring injury?