2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

i've been ignoring my opponent's lineups prior to gameday for the past few years ... works for me in not suffering from paralysis by analysis, and allowing me to just concentrate on my own teams, maximizing my points potential. 

but i know the team i'm playing this week, inasmuch that we are the only 2 undefeated squads - he's been hard not to notice:

St.Russell

Kamara/Jones/Monty

Ridley/Metcalf

Hurst

Butker

Ravens

this is a pre-emptive salvo, or a thousand, as it were ... i am about to get the living mutha trukkin' bejeesuss slapped outta me.

EFFFFF! EFFFFFF! EFFFFFFF!

(part reverse jinx, too) 🤔

tenor.gif?itemid=10555882

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i've been ignoring my opponent's lineups prior to gameday for the past few years ... works for me in not suffering from paralysis by analysis, and allowing me to just concentrate on my own teams, maximizing my points potential. 

but i know the team i'm playing this week, inasmuch that we are the only 2 undefeated squads - he's been hard not to notice:

St.Russell

Kamara/Jones/Monty

Ridley/Metcalf

Hurst

Butker

Ravens

this is a pre-emptive salvo, or a thousand, as it were ... i am about to get the living mutha trukkin' bejeesuss slapped outta me.

Wow that is a filthy team lol godspeed my man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

St.Russell

Kamara/Jones/Monty

Ridley/Metcalf

Hurst

Butker

Ravens

Maybe, but Monty hasn't been impressive and Ridley might be hobbled a bit. Still tough though, but nothing is in stone.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Wow that is a filthy team lol godspeed my man

he killed his draft ... which was a departure for this particular manager, as he is usually relegated to palookaville - it's a tough leeg, but he's teally never challenged - been in the leeg for 16 seasons, and it looks like he hit. 

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Maybe, but Monty hasn't been impressive and Ridley might be hobbled a bit. Still tough though, but nothing is in stone.

yeah, hoping Adams & Julio do both suit up as to lessen the blows from Jones/Ridley (if he plays).

but that St.Russell/DK stack, along with Ravens D, might be enough this week. 

playing my nemesis this week.  I've lost 4 of my top 5 round draft picks.  I actually have to start McKinnon and Hines as my RB's.  His team doesn't have a single injury and in fact:

Chubb - no Hunt

Montgomery - no Cohen

Ertz - no Goeddert

Allen - no Williams

Rodgers - getting Adams back

• Like 2
15 hours ago, yanksman said:

My 0-3 opponent who has Melvin Gordon as rb1 now projected to score 133 after that goddammit td run. First 3 weeks all opponents scored over 130 against me

And I also traded for Noah fant before the game. Wonderful starr to the week.

Same here.  That TD run pissed me off as Gordon had no business having a 100+ yard game with 2TD.  They shut him down all night.  

In another league was against Crowder where if he didn't play, would've had to go WW hunting for his 3rd WR.  

The only play I had last night was Fant, only in because of Jonnu, and he leaves injured.  Nice! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he killed his draft ... which was a departure for this particular manager, as he is usually relegated to palookaville - it's a tough leeg, but he's teally never challenged - been in the leeg for 16 seasons, and it looks like he hit. 

yeah, hoping Adams & Julio do both suit up as to lessen the blows from Jones/Ridley (if he plays).

but that St.Russell/DK stack, along with Ravens D, might be enough this week. 

that team looks a lot like our league leader:

QB: Dak

RB: Kamara, Ekeler

WR: Ridley, DJ Moore

TE: Kelce

Flex: DK Metcalf, Darrell Henderson

Def: Steelers

Also has John Brown, Gaskin and Jonny Smith on the bench. He absolutely nailed the draft. Has won each game by a mile - has scored 500pts and I’m second with about 400.

Picked up Gostkowski this week and now have to drop him. That was quick. Is he worth holding? I'm not chasing his recent points, I just think the way the Titans move the ball he's going to get plenty of looks all season.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

St.Russell

Kamara/Jones/Monty

Ridley/Metcalf

Hurst

Butker

Ravens

I do the same and swear by it...makes watching the games much more enjoyable as you always think you're in the fight, regardless of how bad things may seem.  I've never been able to enjoy ff near as much constantly checking scores and eyeing my opponents players all day.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I do the same and swear by it...makes watching the games much more enjoyable as you always think you're in the fight, regardless of how bad things may seem.  I've never been able to enjoy ff near as much constantly checking scores and eyeing my opponents players all day.

i try not to check any of my scores until halftime of the first set of games on sunday, at the earliest.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i try not to check any of my scores until halftime of the first set of games on sunday, at the earliest.

I check my scores at 14:59 of the first quarter and i immediately start screaming why my players don't even have 1 point yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Join an all play league. All you have to do is watch your guys and root for them to do well. You don't have to have an otherwise good week ruined because your "opponent" started some random scrub who somehow went off for 40 points. 

35 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Join an all play league. All you have to do is watch your guys and root for them to do well. You don't have to have an otherwise good week ruined because your "opponent" started some random scrub who somehow went off for 40 points. 

How do playoffs or prizes work for this type of league? 

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

How do playoffs or prizes work for this type of league? 

Depends on the league. My league doesn't do any head-to-head matchups.

Six teams make the playoffs. Top two get byes. The other four playoff teams compete against each other in round one, with the top two scoring teams advancing. Final four then have a two week championship with highest scoring team over those two weeks being the champion. It works great. 

• Thanks 1
On 9/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, Sternes said:

Wk 1 - Flex Edelman over Fuller.  Fuller looks like a stud.  Edelman doesn't even play in 2 wide sets.

Wk 2 - Flex Fuller over Edelman.  Fuller mysterious injury.  Edelman has best yardage game of career.

Wk 3 - Flex Edelman over Fuller.  Fuller healthy again and catches TD.  Edelman's safe PPR floor is devoured by Rex Burkhead.

F.M.L.

The story continues......

Week 4 -Plan to confidently flex Edelman over Fuller with juicy matchup vs KC and Fuller is nursing his vagi....hamstring.  Newton comes down with COVID.

giphy.gif

• Like 1