2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I think it was better about 15 years ago or so, TBH 

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It was better because teams actually used just one RB.

There was no replay so the game was settled on the field, too many stupid rule changes, players were allowed to actually hit somebody, QB’s weren’t coddled so much. The game itself isn’t like it was back then

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

There was no replay so the game was settled on the field, too many stupid rule changes, players were allowed to actually hit somebody, QB’s weren’t coddled so much. The game itself isn’t like it was back then

Man, you say that like they’re bad things. Replay isn’t perfect but it helps eliminate human error. I would imagine if players were allowed to body each other like the old days, there’d be even more injuries with how athletic these guys are and how hard they can hit, leading to more volatility in predicting player performances. And who wants to see a star QB get knocked out of the game? Coddle them if you want, but do it consistently. I realize I sound like a shill for the NFL, but I genuinely believe these are improvements. I’d argue the constant barrage of commercial breaks is the biggest thorn that hurts football as a viewing experience. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, varock said:

Man, you say that like they’re bad things. Replay isn’t perfect but it helps eliminate human error. I would imagine if players were allowed to body each other like the old days, there’d be even more injuries with how athletic these guys are and how hard they can hit, leading to more volatility in predicting player performances. And who wants to see a star QB get knocked out of the game? Coddle them if you want, but do it consistently. I realize I sound like a shill for the NFL, but I genuinely believe these are improvements. I’d argue the constant barrage of commercial breaks is the biggest thorn that hurts football as a viewing experience. 

Replay has ruined the flow of the games. I personally prefer the officials calling what they see & the game goes on.
QB’s should be protected from obvious roughing calls like spearing, clear headshots, or aiming at the knees. But flags thrown when a D-lineman tackles them on a waist-high hit when they don’t know if the QB has thrown it or not? Slapping their facemask on a follow-through trying to swat a pass? Garbage. WR’s & CB’s hand-fighting downfield is almost automatically a flag on the defense even when the pass is uncatchable. Too many of these rule changes take the aggressiveness away from defense, & it’s a better game when the defenses don’t have their hands tied behind their backs. 

• Like 4

Nuk toughing it out, but hangin' up "imagine Matt Asiata as a WR" type numbers ... without the TDs, tho -

Bobby 🌳s did me no favors, either.  

ETA: was gifted a case of Sam's Boston Lager by my neighbor ... so i dusted those yesterday in lieu of my usual Modelo - meh, that Bahhhwstinn wawwwtuh is akin to, well ... i'll just leave it at that. 

🚽

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I also just miss that kind of football.  Defenses could actually keep up with offenses.  The NFL has created a game where no lead is safe regardless of QB or defense quality.  Makes for entertainment for the casual fan.  But personally I'd rather see two teams battle it out on both sides of the ball and if one is far superior and has the game in hand, then great, they deserve it.  

It's crazy when your FF opponent's QB has played a bad 1st half and they're behind and then you check back later and he's pushing 400 yards and 5TDs.  Dak has better stats than my QBs did in Madden!

Was sitting pretty with my opponent's Kupp not overflowing and Singletary not doing much. Then boom... they both score late TDs. Then I got Kittled last night to make it worse. 

I rolled the dice and started Edelman, Julio, and James White instead of playing it safe with Chark (29), Lamb (24), and Gibson (22). We will see how tonight goes but it doesn't feel good.

• Like 1

I love that I drafted smarter than usual (James Robinson and Justin Jefferson in the late rounds..and even kept Jefferson around when normally I would've bailed after a couple weeks) and made smart pickups for TE after Gronk was failure (Jonnu then Tonyan after losing Jonnu to the postponement) and it still doesn't matter because of injuries (Saquon, Golladay, DeSean Jackson, Dionte Johnson) and COVID (losing Johnson and Corey Davis as options) I'll be 1-3

• Like 1

JFC...thought I made a great “buy low” trade 2 weeks ago dumping Mixon, Andrews (didn’t really want to but made it even), & MJones for Drake, Engram, & JJones. 
Of course Mixon & Andrews carry him to a win this week while Drake was useless & Julio reinjures himself tonight & now probably going on IR to get right. I hate 2020

I lost my matchup because I didn't understand platform differences. I normally play on Yahoo, and they let you drop bench players who have already played their match. I'm playing on ESPN for the first time and have Davante Adams. He was ruled out today and my plan was to pick up N'Keal Harry to replace him. Found out that on ESPN you cannot drop bench players after they have played their game. I lost by 6 points and Harry scored 9.6 points.

So now I'm 1-3 instead of 2-2. I feel like I should be more mad, but I'm just apathetic because fantasy football is really, really stupid at the end of the day when you think about it

• Like 1

Down 3.5 going into tonight facing Mahomes and Kelce. I had Adams who obviously didn't play, but had Tonyan as an emergency. Lost by 2 yards. 

Would have been an improbable win, but of course if Mahomes fumble is called correctly...

Edited by WSR
  • Like 1

Up 20 vs. his Aaron Rogers vs. my choice of MVS or Tonyan in the flex spot (due to surprise Titan bye week).  Guess which one I picked?  Thank God I'm not one of those Bomb Unit Deactivator dudes picking red wire / blue wire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... i came close on this one

https://ibb.co/xsvvqq9

figured ol' Hoya & Ice were prime pouncing targets last night ... once the Chiefs delivered, it was seriously ON!  

it really was the only variable missing from the Pack beatdown. 

DAMNIT!

meh. 

so, we back to Korean baseball and Ozzie soccer this morning - come join in the deegee lounge, we'll get it back. 

5 hours ago, atrium said:

I lost my matchup because I didn't understand platform differences. I normally play on Yahoo, and they let you drop bench players who have already played their match. I'm playing on ESPN for the first time and have Davante Adams. He was ruled out today and my plan was to pick up N'Keal Harry to replace him. Found out that on ESPN you cannot drop bench players after they have played their game. I lost by 6 points and Harry scored 9.6 points.

So now I'm 1-3 instead of 2-2. I feel like I should be more mad, but I'm just apathetic because fantasy football is really, really stupid at the end of the day when you think about it

Ya in espn for the first time also and it's a nice bonus yahoo gives that espn doesnt

• Like 1
7 hours ago, atrium said:

Yeah, we moved from ESPN to Sleeper in one league and left that option on and I'm surprised how much better it is. Means you can't get totally screwed by Monday injuries, and rewards people who are paying attention.

• Like 1