NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

23 hours ago, zert2 said:

I will be 1-4 in one of my leagues. I have a good team on paper and I might have made some line-up mistakes, but after this week I will have 878 points against in Full PPR (avg. 175). 2nd team with most points against will have 771. The rest all under 700. 

Feels like every week is a party and I'm the piñata. 

I’m 0-5 now having lost Dak. I thought I was cool after the draft MT, Jacobs, Golladay, ARob, Dak, Monty, Higbee...

Has anybody ever came back from 0-5, to go 9-5. I think 9-5 can get you 4th. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

Had Emmanuel Sanders, against will Lutz. Sanders gets tackled at the 3 inch line and they take back his TD. End up losing off the Will Lutz GW field goal by .5 🙃

Also started Hayden Hurst over Jared Cook because he was a game time decision. 

As a saints fan it was bitter sweet

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Breesus said:

Had Emmanuel Sanders, against will Lutz. Sanders gets tackled at the 3 inch line and they take back his TD. End up losing off the Will Lutz GW field goal by .5 🙃

Also started Hayden Hurst over Jared Cook because he was a game time decision. 

As a saints fan it was bitter sweet

Ouch. that TD to Cook was clutch. Glad to have him back

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LFCreds said:

I’m 0-5 now having lost Dak. I thought I was cool after the draft MT, Jacobs, Golladay, ARob, Dak, Monty, Higbee...

One year I started 0-5 (losses were by about a combined 30 points, it was bad) then rattled off 11 wins in a row to win the league.  Was maybe the most stacked team I've ever had, but one of the least fun years (just being stressed every week that the loaded roster was going to waste unless I kept winning).

It can be done, but it's not a fun ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

One year I started 0-5 (losses were by about a combined 30 points, it was bad) then rattled off 11 wins in a row to win the league.  Was maybe the most stacked team I've ever had, but one of the least fun years (just being stressed every week that the loaded roster was going to waste unless I kept winning).

It can be done, but it's not a fun ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the incessant and ludicrous "IS PLAYER X GONNA BE MOVED TO "OUT" SO I CAN PUT HIM ON IR???!11!1!!!1!?" queries posted in every mutha trukkin' nicked up guy's thread. 

do these posters think we work for YaHell or ESPN?

what do they expect from the bored when sledge hammering us with this chit?

far worse than the thinly veiled AC crap, imo. 

On 10/13/2020 at 4:38 AM, LFCreds said:

There's no harm in praying

I know this thread is like yelling into the void (i.e. completely ******** pointless), but I really am being forced to question why I play fantasy football when in the last 2 years, I've been effectively out of the playoff hunt by week 5 (0-5 last year, 1-4 this year). And of course the cherry on top is that I drafted CEH. It's a cycle of getting hyped for my chances in the offseason, feeling like I killed it in the draft, shrugging off the first few losses as I expect a regression to the mean for my team, a sad realization that my team just sucks, and then the long haul of the last 8-10 weeks of the season where I'm setting my lineup just to set my lineup, cause my season is already over.

But at least I didn't waste more than a few weeks getting my hopes up?

• Like 1

WTF... set my alarm for 3am like I do every waiver Thursday so i can be the first to grab whatever valuable free agents are left once the run goes thru... refresh my phone 315, 330, 345, 415, 430 ( just get up at this point)  go log onto my actual PC.... waiver will not run until tomorrow morning.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is seriously turning into some kind of bad joke on me...sitting at 2-3 after injuries/Covid...facing a must win game this week to keep my season alive. Literally just traded for Ridley last night and now he likely doesn't get to play this week. Probably falling to 2-4 now, take a look at my roster...does this team look like the last place team? Maybe next year I can get a better team...

QB: Watson

RB: Henry, CEH, Mostert

WR: Adams, Ridley, Chark

TE: Jonnu

7 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

This is seriously turning into some kind of bad joke on me...sitting at 2-3 after injuries/Covid...facing a must win game this week to keep my season alive. Literally just traded for Ridley last night and now he likely doesn't get to play this week. Probably falling to 2-4 now, take a look at my roster...does this team look like the last place team? Maybe next year I can get a better team...

QB: Watson

RB: Henry, CEH, Mostert

WR: Adams, Ridley, Chark

TE: Jonnu

injuries and covid kill you. Sit tight. Should be able to come back from 2-4 with that squad.

• Haha 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 4:38 AM, LFCreds said:

I came back... I started 0-5...  on the last week of the regular season I needed help to get into the playoffs.  Limped into the playoffs and ended up finishing second that year.   Our league allows 70 moves a year and i used every single one of them that year.   It is possible.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Four teams have their Week 6 games potentially compromised by COVID and I have the most consequential fantasy player on each on the same fantasy team: Mixon, Taylor, Ridley, and Mattison. FML.

Both games seem on track to play, you should be fine. Colts tests were just reported to be false positives.

• Thanks 1