NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Perfect way to start the week

In a large league

1) playing against Brian Stinken Hill tonight. For whatever reason Todd Gurley has been on the sideline the entire second quarter

2) playing against Curtis Samuel. Haha

3) have bridgewater. Not much so far, unfortunately a TD pass to Samuel 

oh yeah..

and Calvin ridley’s night is probably done. 

UNREAL

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

After venting last week about losing again with the second highest point total and facing a must win game this week facing the 0-7 team...Ridley goes down right away for me. I'm 3-4 with the most points scored this year, and now probably setting up to lose again to the worst team. A team with Watson, Henry, CEH, Mostert, Adams, Ridley, and Jonnu can't even make the playoffs? I quit.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, jgardner12 said:

Thanks to injuries and byes I traded for dj moore for this juicy matchup.

oh and kyler is on bye so I streamed a qb, yup teddy b. Smh why did I do this with my myself with tnf I should know better by now 

I have no idea what a juicy match up feels like either.... every time I think I have one.. its dry

• Like 1

20 years and I think I'm done.  Just too unlucky every year with injuries, 20 years of it.  Every.********.year.  Seems like its the same unlucky teams every year too, while the same teams never take huge injury hits and have horseshoes up their rectum.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

After venting last week about losing again with the second highest point total and facing a must win game this week facing the 0-7 team...Ridley goes down right away for me. I'm 3-4 with the most points scored this year, and now probably setting up to lose again to the worst team. A team with Watson, Henry, CEH, Mostert, Adams, Ridley, and Jonnu can't even make the playoffs? I quit.

Well at least you won’t have to be upset about losing with the most points this week.

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

20 years and I think I'm done.  Just too unlucky every year with injuries, 20 years of it.  Every.********.year.  Seems like its the same unlucky teams every year too, while the same teams never take huge injury hits and have horseshoes up their rectum.  

What's even worse is when the consistently lucky team tells you, "we all get unlucky, it's not just you." Yeah okay buddy, easy for you to say when you're sitting at the top with a mediocre team that gets to sail by with a fully healthy roster that wins each week with low point totals.

I feel your pain man...this whole season seems like at every possible worst case scenario opportunity, it comes to fruition.

• Like 3

Are we talking retirement in here?

I was in three leagues last year.  I won one of them - I retired from it.  I am in two more that I am hoping that I can win and retire from.  This is not the year.  So, unfortunately I am going to be playing in them both again.  I do not understand what I am doing this year.  I do not understand the players that I have picked up.  I can not for the life of me put a roster together that gives me Ws.  I don't have a player that cleans up my messes.....I was hoping Cam Newton was going to be that cornerstone.  I was banking on guys like Gesicki having some consistency.  Drafted dudes like DJ Moore for nice WR1 numbers....maaaaybe there.  I hate McVay.  He makes me fall in love with Ram players....win championships with Rams players....and then he makes them hate them - Kupp.  McVay is a dick.  I was a year too early on Boyd and Lockett.  

I suck and unfortunately that means I have to play this stupid ******** game against next year.  That also means that I am going to waste some of my life on this site talking shop.  DISCLAIMER:  i obviously have no ******** clue. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 1

I listened to the "experts"  analyzed the matchup and went with a Combo of Bridgewater and Robbie Anderson.   I also had the bonus of being able to start Calvin Ridley.... I could not wait to wake up and see that I had put my match away on a Thursday night.    Instead I will probably go to 5-3... after starting 5-0.....   Thankfully Koo came thru...    I will now watch Josh Allen throw 4 td's and rush for 1 on my bench... and Kenny Golladay explode for a 150 yards and 2 TD's warming my bench..... FFFFFFFFFFFF  A

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Tried to trade for Drew Brees. Offered Jamaal Williams and Raegor. 

He countered with Brees + Adrian Peterson for Derrick Henry.......nice chat. 

One bad offer gets countered with another bad offer.  What's wrong with that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Tried to trade for Drew Brees. Offered Jamaal Williams and Raegor. 

He countered with Brees + Adrian Peterson for Derrick Henry.......nice chat. 

Assuming this is a regular redraft league, both of these trade offers are laughable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of my teams is so pathetic, I can barely field a team this week and next week looks even worse with several on BYE combined with injuries.

Here is my starting lineup week 8:

Bridgewater (streamed and benched Big Ben)

B. Scott 

McKinnon 

Kupp 

Boyd

Dobbins (or have L. Murray, yippee)

Hunter Henry

Mason Crosby if he plays?

Buffalo DST

unavailable are: Sanders, Chark, Godwin, Crowder, Barkley (for the season), ohh and now Mason effing Crosby?

And next week I'll have Sanders, Kupp and Boyd on BYE, plus the injuries to Godwin and Crowder pending.

Wire is BARE AF!  

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

One of my teams is so pathetic, I can barely field a team this week and next week looks even worse with several on BYE combined with injuries.

Here is my starting lineup week 8:

Bridgewater (streamed and benched Big Ben)

B. Scott 

McKinnon 

Kupp 

Boyd

Dobbins (or have L. Murray, yippee)

Hunter Henry

Mason Crosby if he plays?

Buffalo DST

unavailable are: Sanders, Chark, Godwin, Crowder, Barkley (for the season), ohh and now Mason effing Crosby?

And next week I'll have Sanders, Kupp and Boyd on BYE, plus the injuries to Godwin and Crowder pending.

Wire is BARE AF!  

Hadn't looked ahead to next week. Kupp and Boyd on bye is a bummer. Hey, maybe I'll actually get MT back!

• Like 1