NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

4 hours ago, Mr.Joshua said:

It took me 10 years but I enjoy FF so much more when I realized its just silly to get so frustrated & angry over a game that involves so much luck. Man this rain is crazy....

I enjoy it more when I dont watch. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mr.Joshua said:

It took me 10 years but I enjoy FF so much more when I realized its just silly to get so frustrated & angry over a game that involves so much luck. Man this rain is crazy....

Pretty much. I'm 7-1 in a few leagues and 3-6 in another. You are just going to get unlucky in some league with random teams have career weeks against you every week....nothing you can do 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

I thought James Conner was in a smash spot today. I was dead wrong. 

Justin Jackson anyone? 

Fantasy Football is fun 🙃

Man. I was SO so wrong about James Conner this weekend. I also thought for sure he was going to beast yesterday given his recent usage and how bad the Cowboys had been on defense. I just...assumed his baseline was a hundred and a TD and then the points were going to keep rolling in. I honestly have no idea what the hell happened in that game, from the way he was out for long stretches like he hurt Tomlin's feelings again, to the whole vibe of that Steelers team. What a let down. Also the Steelers went empty backfield for like...90% of the second half, even when they were down by a single score. 

That Steelers offense will be the undoing of them in the playoffs, I think. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, yanksman said:

I only play in a couple leagues and I try not to have any idea who is on my opponent's team and don't check scores until half time of the 1st set of games at the earliest. This has helped me with the agonizing greatly. 

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

The second DJ Chark got a 73 yard TD..I turned off Football for the day. I knew what was coming, as it happens almost every week for the past 10 years. Then I do the "maybe at the end of the night when I check my team I'll be pleasantly surprised" which again NEVER works and sure enough...going to lose by at least 65 points with his Damien Harris still to go. Had I watched all day, it would've been infuriating, Especially with his Kyler/Kirk Stack and me having Hopkins..I mean OF COURSE Hopkins got NOTHING out of that game and Kirk did lol. Everyone says it's luck which is true, but damn does it just confirm that I have the worst LUCK ever as it's consistent never-ending BS. Oh and yeah David Montgomery, that's 8 out of 9 weeks I've lost a player to an in game injury (along with losing Saquon for the season and Golladay being hurt)

1 minute ago, yossarian said:

I only play in a couple leagues and I try not to have any idea who is on my opponent's team and don't check scores until half time of the 1st set of games at the earliest. This has helped me with the agonizing greatly. 

I have done the opposite and play in 10+ leagues to mitigate the luck factor, it helps to cope with the fluke factor to diversify investments across multiple leagues.

If mentally you still can't handle the swings of luck even with diversification, I would highly recommend best ball formats, is more of a roto format that removes the luck of h2h.

My RB's cannot stay healthy!

Lost Ekeler 

Lost Mostert 

Lost David Johnson this week 

Lost Justin Jackson this week 

Almost lost Zeke but now he's on bye week 10.

I'm praying that Sanders, Jackson and DJ can play this week 10. At least 2 of them because I've run out of RB's and bench space

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mr.Joshua said:

It's a really fine balance. Like, I know I shouldn't check the scores while the games are on...but it's fun to check. It's fun to watch a game when your WR1 is lighting it up, and it sucks more than it should to watch a game where your RB1 is ignored (looking at you Conner) or your FLEX gest injured immediately (looking at you Justin Jackson). It's silly to get so frustrated and angry, but it also means that it means so much more when/if it actually comes off. So hard to walk that line.

I'm in a new league this year, and last week wanted to put in a claim for a dropped player after waivers processed for the first time this season...only to realize one thing. Our league runs waivers ONLY on Thursday. So if a player is cut at any point in the week, you have to wait until Thursday to pick him up. So if a player is cut in the waiver process on one Thursday, you have to wait until the NEXT Thursday to claim that player. This is the first time I've ever seen this in any league, and it is one of the dumbest rules I've come across...totally asinine. I do not understand why this is a rule. It just makes no sense to me. 

• Haha 1
On 11/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, Eazail said:

My RB's cannot stay healthy!

Lost Ekeler 

Lost Mostert 

Lost David Johnson this week 

Lost Justin Jackson this week 

Almost lost Zeke but now he's on bye week 10.

I'm praying that Sanders, Jackson and DJ can play this week 10. At least 2 of them because I've run out of RB's and bench space

Welp... No DJ and no Jackson. I'm so ****** this week ugh. Might have to play my 7 vs his 9 players smfh

Stupid trade policies. 

On Tuesday night I submitted a trade of Antonio Brown + Jamaal Williams for Drew Brees. My trade partner accepted the trade immediately and designated to drop Trey Burton. 

Because Trey Burton played last night ESPN won’t push the trade through until next Tuesday. Because you can’t drop a player who has already played. 

And now I’m stuck with Brown and Williams. They are locked as they are designated to be traded. 

And now I need to clear a roster spot somehow to add a kicker. My 2:1 trade would have taken care of that. 

• Haha 1

Mannn I hate idiot owners. In a keeper a guy tried to trade Jacobs for Slayton and McKinnon(he needs a win).

As a league we vetoed it. While telling the Jacobs owner he left a ton of value on the board. 

They turn around and just do it for Edwards-Helaire. (Other guy had Chark/Shepard/Kirk/Allen/Adams too so there was better options.)

worst part is he held minshew for a while post injury(no ir). While still rostering Olsen and James Washington(ten team shallow league so wtf). So it’s not like he couldn’t have grabbed a similar wr(Shepard was a fa til a week ago).

Just especially annoying since now this guy has Adams/barkley/Clyde/mahomes/Allen as keeper options. Luckily we just keep three but stil ugh at that trade.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:21 AM, Mr.Joshua said:

The best move I ever made was not checking the scores in my fantasy league until after the Sunday day games were over. It eliminates so much unnecessary frustration. I still don't like finding out I'm behind then but for the first six hours I'm stress free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jgardner12 said:

Mannn I hate idiot owners. In a keeper a guy tried to trade Jacobs for Slayton and McKinnon(he needs a win).

As a league we vetoed it. While telling the Jacobs owner he left a ton of value on the board. 

They turn around and just do it for Edwards-Helaire. (Other guy had Chark/Shepard/Kirk/Allen/Adams too so there was better options.)

worst part is he held minshew for a while post injury(no ir). While still rostering Olsen and James Washington(ten team shallow league so wtf). So it’s not like he couldn’t have grabbed a similar wr(Shepard was a fa til a week ago).

Just especially annoying since now this guy has Adams/barkley/Clyde/mahomes/Allen as keeper options. Luckily we just keep three but stil ugh at that trade.

Dumb trades in my league 

D. Jackson for Golladay week 2/3

Edelman for Thomas week 2/3 (I got Thomas) 

A. Green & Gibson for Golladay week 4/5 (division rival) 

Di.Johnson for M. Sanders week 7/8 (I got Sanders) 

D. Harris and Chark for A. Robinson week 8/9 (same division rival) 

Get mad then get even 

20 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm in a new league this year, and last week wanted to put in a claim for a dropped player after waivers processed for the first time this season...only to realize one thing. Our league runs waivers ONLY on Thursday. So if a player is cut at any point in the week, you have to wait until Thursday to pick him up. So if a player is cut in the waiver process on one Thursday, you have to wait until the NEXT Thursday to claim that player. This is the first time I've ever seen this in any league, and it is one of the dumbest rules I've come across...totally asinine. I do not understand why this is a rule. It just makes no sense to me. 

To coddle super lazy owners who only look at NFL goings on once a week 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, this guy right here said:

The best move I ever made was not checking the scores in my fantasy league until after the Sunday day games were over. It eliminates so much unnecessary frustration. I still don't like finding out I'm behind then but for the first six hours I'm stress free.

This guy right here gets it......five stars dude, I swear by the same.  League mates think it's nuts but don't knock it til you try it.

• Thanks 2
On 11/13/2020 at 10:57 AM, Flyman75 said:

Bro my commissioner will not change that worst record gets 1st waiver every week. Sucks.