NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

4 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

Thinking back to that magical year I owned Conner and Bell and thought I was set for a few years.  

Both my keepers for the past few years, both pain in the a**. I think im gonna cut bait with both next year, picked up some rookies for this reason. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

I quit. I think Conner getting mysteriously benched is the final straw for me caring. Had like a million injuries this week, but having a starting (bellcow!) running back benched for an entire game for no good reason, that's too much for me. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I quit. I think Conner getting mysteriously benched is the final straw for me caring. Had like a million injuries this week, but having a starting (bellcow!) running back benched for an entire game for no good reason, that's too much for me. 

He's hurt...again

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

He's hurt...again

He's really not. If he's hurt, he would have, I don't know, seen the trainers. Beat reporters said that he never met with any trainers and there was no sign of an injury. Conner pissed someone off. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, ajs723 said:

He's really not. If he's hurt, he would have, I don't know, seen the trainers. Beat reporters said that he never met with any trainers and there was no sign of an injury. Conner pissed someone off. 

Really!  Interesting, I stepped away from the screen so I didn't hear that.  

spacer.png

What a way to start the season, though it already seemed to be DOA before it even began...

During the offseason in Dynasty I was forced to trade David Johnson (probably should have tried to do Conner instead) and I also traded for Mack with a high pick (this was done before the Colts drafted JT). That was clearly a foreshadowing of things to come.

WEEK 1, I lose Mack for the season and most likely his career is over, Conner leaves the game in the 2nd qtr due to injury and/or fighting with Tomlin, Golladay out w/ injury, David Johnson looking spry and as his old self has a great game, Gallup getting screwed on fantom penalties though it wouldn't have helped anyway because the icing on the cake is that I faced the highest scoring team this week and of course, I would have defeated the majority of the other teams in the league.

I tried to fight and have this season cancelled as I knew it was going to be an absolute sh**show due to corona headaches and player injuries galore because of the lack of real conditioning. Of course my prediction comes true and it's my team that takes the hits. I will now be forced to blow my entire FAAB on Barber, Gaskin and Scotty Miller since we carry 19 players + 4 IR spots (3 of which I'm already occupying) as there is literally no one available on the wire. Seeing how my luck is turning out this year, I'll be fortunate enough if 1 of these guys pans out and of course in a few weeks some breakout star will appear and I'll have no money. Can't wait.

I really do hate fantasy football.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

spacer.png

What a way to start the season, though it already seemed to be DOA before it even began...

During the offseason in Dynasty I was forced to trade David Johnson (probably should have tried to do Conner instead) and I also traded for Mack with a high pick (this was done before the Colts drafted JT). That was clearly a foreshadowing of things to come.

WEEK 1, I lose Mack for the season and most likely his career is over, Conner leaves the game in the 2nd qtr due to injury and/or fighting with Tomlin, Golladay out w/ injury, David Johnson looking spry and as his old self has a great game, Gallup getting screwed on fantom penalties though it wouldn't have helped anyway because the icing on the cake is that I faced the highest scoring team this week and of course, I would have defeated the majority of the other teams in the league.

I tried to fight and have this season cancelled as I knew it was going to be an absolute sh**show due to corona headaches and player injuries galore because of the lack of real conditioning. Of course my prediction comes true and it's my team that takes the hits. I will now be forced to blow my entire FAAB on Barber, Gaskin and Scotty Miller since we carry 19 players + 4 IR spots (3 of which I'm already occupying) as there is literally no one available on the wire. Seeing how my luck is turning out this year, I'll be fortunate enough if 1 of these guys pans out and of course in a few weeks some breakout star will appear and I'll have no money. Can't wait.

I really do hate fantasy football.

LVC, welcome back to this year's poop show. I face similar dilemmas. Going to blow my FAAB load and hope for the best. Not a good start. Cancel the season.

• Like 1

Lost by 2.3 points this week.  No Miles Sanders, Michael Thomas disappeared and now injured.  If just one of three things happened, I would have won: Swift holds onto the ball for the TD, Stafford gets just 3 more yards passing (bonus points for 300+ yards), or Josh Jacobs gets 7 more yards (100+ yards bonus).

Here's to hoping for a stat correction.

Lost by 2 points this week and that's even worse than a blowout loss because these 2 points could have come from:

• Joe Mixon if he had not fumbled the first time in 3 years or so
  • Dak Prescott if he went 1 foot longer in his run and got into the endzone
  • Derrick Henry if he had not gotten these 2 receptions (plus the yards) for my opponent

Lost by 2 points due to Jeudy catching that pass at halftime when clock ran out but then they said time out was called.

Had 154 points in ppr with every one of my bench players with 12 or more points compared to dj Moore and Parker each with less than 10.