NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

In my home league I have four losses. I got swept by both the First place team and Second place team. My team decides to not even score over 100 points in those contest, but against the rest of the league my squad scores over 120. What’s infuriating is I gave them easy wins and they both locked up first round byes. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

This whole season has been a s**t Show!! Started the year at 4-0 

Week 2 i lost Paris Campbell for the season.

week 3 dj chark misses a whole week of practice and is ruled out 

Week 4 cam Newton is one of the first players to get diagnosed with Covid. 

week 5 My first Loss had 5 players on bye smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

week 6 just bad management left swift on my bench and he had 27 pts oh and mixon gets hurt 

week 7 traded for MT (before it was announced that he had a hamstring Injury) cam Newton literally died on the field -0.18 points 

Week 8 Carson wentz took a dump VS the easiest match up Dallas. I lose by 9 pts 

Week 9 4 players on bye Tom Brady dies on the field 2 F****** points. 

Week 10 i was up by 8 with A.rob left VS his thielen. Thielen goes off and Arob has his lowest scoring game yet. 
not to mention i got a turd from MT and Wentz 

Week 11 Still No mixon, start Gio Burrow goes down so you know all bengals are now 🗑 oh and did i mention d swift out with a concussion after his breakout game smfh 

not to mention i was up by 15 points!!!! I felt good since i had brady going but 
then R.Woods goes off for 30 points. 
and I’m up .20 by the 2:00 warning with Brady leading the comeback and what happens!?!? A F****** Int at the end of the game. I lose by 1 point 🤯🤬😤

This is probably payback for winning the league last year. 
and that’s the end of my 2020 season 

• Like 1

This has probably been by far the most frustrating season I've ever had and it's not really covid related, it's just normal football injuries. Despite losing a player in game for 11 straight weeks, despite having Kenny Golladay play only 4 games..despite losing  Saquon to a season ending injury, I have more points than the 9-2 1st place team yet there I sit 3-8 with 4 straight losses. Why? Because everyone has their best game against me. The bigger slap in the face. These last 4 losses? The team the that beats me not only loses the next week but has their WORST week of the season..no lie. You can't make this stuff up. It's bad enough I've never heard of a team having an in game injury 11 straight weeks. My points against is the worst in the league by 75 points. Despite alllll this, I still have a chance to make the playoffs via points. Of course now I don't know if I'll have Julio this upcoming week LOL

• Like 1
On 11/14/2020 at 6:56 AM, this guy right here said:

The best move I ever made was not checking the scores in my fantasy league until after the Sunday day games were over. It eliminates so much unnecessary frustration. I still don't like finding out I'm behind then but for the first six hours I'm stress free.

Said this for years. Trouble is, it's so damn hard to do if you're not doing anything else on a Sunday. Plus I'm superstitiously not turning off my Yahoo alerts because they were on while I had a huge comeback win in the Grand Final last year.

It's absolutely the single best thing you can do to remove FF stress though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With a trade deadline looming, all I want is Latavius Murray, that is it, as Kamara insurance.    The other guy is a 4 win, 10th place team who has the slimmest of margins of playoff hope.   I've offered Damien Harris, who I can't get in my lineup, but he would easily start for the other guy, and I've offered picks...................offers get rejected and texts ignored.  

Its like, cmon, I'll overpay!  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

With a trade deadline looming, all I want is Latavius Murray, that is it, as Kamara insurance.    The other guy is a 4 win, 10th place team who has the slimmest of margins of playoff hope.   I've offered Damien Harris, who I can't get in my lineup, but he would easily start for the other guy, and I've offered picks...................offers get rejected and texts ignored.  

Its like, cmon, I'll overpay!  

Value is based on the eye of the beholder.  You might be thinking you're overpaying, but in fact, the other owner is actually Latavius Murray himself, and he is offended by your weak overtures.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Value is based on the eye of the beholder.  You might be thinking you're overpaying, but in fact, the other owner is actually Latavius Murray himself, and he is offended by your weak overtures.

LataviusMurrayCleats?

After a miraculous win in week 8 when the other guy traded himself into a loss, I was sitting reasonably pretty at 5-3 with a decent schedule. Week 9, switch just before kickoff cost me the game. Week 10, switching that player back onto the bench cost me the game. Week 11, Derrick Henry OT madness cost me the game. 5-6 in incredibly frustrating circumstances. Still, it's a competitive league, I have good points-for and 7-6 should get me into the playoffs. Also, I'd had Dobbins riding the pine and now was his moment.

I'm playing the bottom team this week. He's lost the last five games. His last four scores: 79.12, 66.04, 68.48, 76.64 - this is a league where 100+ is a decent score.

He had only three players going today - Duke Johnson, Amari Cooper, and Antonio Gibson. 73.80pts. That's more than his entire team has averaged in the last four weeks.

Not only that, but I have Conner and the Steelers D. There's a pretty good chance that that game bites the dust. The fact that I had Dobbins snatched away from me is just icing on the s---y cake.

I get it, this year is not to be. I just wish the Fates would come up with less complex and infuriating ways to make it so.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Semitar said:

The week that the Steelers didn't play, I lost by 4 points because of no Conner (no suitable RB backup).

This week is a must win to get in and I might not have Conner or Diontae Johnson. 

I need this week to play out too to win my Fan Duel drafts. Did 4 entries with $54 and I'm winning $164 right now facing weakened teams (one with Lamar, one with my 14 pt lead and Conner/Claypool vs their Diontae/Marquise). I don't want to see this get refunded lol. If it plays i'll likely win that money!

Edited by Corey In Da House
1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

If they cancel this game I lose L. Jackson, Conner, Claypool. 

I actually have Jackson as well - but I didn't intend on starting him because I also have Herbert.

I can imagine this season is a sh!tshow in pay leagues.