NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Goddamnit I hate Covid and this game .... Thinking Steelers game might get cancelled I went to the waiver wire decided the Colts were a great play. lol ... It sure looks like Taysom Hill has ruin Alvin Kamara value. I need an injury. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

3 weeks ago i stupidly dropped Justin Jefferson

He was my WR5 and I never started him but I had a roster crunch and he had 2 single digit games in a row. I knew someone would scoop him up and they did. Since then 3 double digit games in a row. I still don't need him but the team who picked him up is one of the best teams.

45 minutes ago, yanksman said:

3 weeks ago i stupidly dropped Justin Jefferson

He was my WR5 and I never started him but I had a roster crunch and he had 2 single digit games in a row. I knew someone would scoop him up and they did. Since then 3 double digit games in a row. I still don't need him but the team who picked him up is one of the best teams.

He was looking very boom/bust at the time due to his number of targets, and arguably he still will be once Thielen returns.  As you noted, hopefully your team is strong enough you won't need him going forward.

4 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

This isn't really a Vent, but I didn't know where else to put it.  LOL at the owner in my league who thought it was smart to start Hinton at Flex.  

Someone started him against me in a league and it’s the only reason I still have a chance.

Once again I hate Derek Carr!

3 hours ago, yossarian said:

play stupid games....

in fairness, the commish should've dealt with this earlier in the week and said something to you about it. 

Ehh.....I just don't think there is ever a time when a commissioner should be adjusting somebody's lineup.

DJ Chark was in my WR spot (inactive due to injury) and Ridley was on the bench.....I decided to go with Hill in the TE slot regardless which prevented me from making any roster moves all week. He removed Hill this morning and didn't tell me about it. I obviously didn't check my lineup till after the morning games started....

In the same league, this commissioner has allowed another player to go weeks w/out setting his lineup and then allows him to go all out against certain opponents. Yes, that happened to me last week and one could make the case I went full tilt and gave a middle F to the league.

Mission accomplished. I'll still pay my dues....but I benched my QB and dropped out despite the fact I'm a playoff team.

Vent over.

Edited by meverett85

6-6 in my work league after this week unless Rodgers and Metcalf out score Jones, Lazard, and Packers D. It will be my 5th loss in this league when I score the 2nd most points for the week. My opponents highest score of the year is 102 and right now he has 135. Seasons like this make me want to quit fantasy. 

4 hours ago, meverett85 said:

My league's commissioner modified my lineup this morning w/out saying a word to me. He removed Taysom Hill from the TE position. I quit the league on the spot....and don't plan on paying my dues.

what did you say to him and how'd the conversation go, interested

4 hours ago, meverett85 said:

My league's commissioner modified my lineup this morning w/out saying a word to me. He removed Taysom Hill from the TE position. I quit the league on the spot....and don't plan on paying my dues.

I don’t blame you. Commish is a dummy as well for allowing the league to go unpaid this deep into the season 

• Like 1

I am out of the playoff race due to injuries BUT another compounding deal today.

I dropped devontae booker to pick up the Denver so called QB today. I didn’t play him but felt like it was the correct thing to do so that all the playoff teams and fighting for spots wouldn’t play him at the WR spot. It was kind of a shady deal for anyone who played him there anyways. 

all said and done, no harm in that i probably am going to win this week. However, it would be the week where jacobs gets hurt and booker would have value going forward. 

oh well, my COVID season has been brutal. 

minus games with Godwin and Ridley at WR

minus games with DJ on the IR

hurt losing Brees in game 

Conner has COVID 

i tried a ton to sell off Conner and Godwin/Ridley at the trade deadline but no takers. I also had hockenson I wanted to sell. 
only completed 1 trade this year which hurt. 

on to 2021

17 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

what did you say to him and how'd the conversation go, interested

My text to the league was the following:

"Modified my lineup w/out saying a word? Have fun setting it the rest of the season".

Here was his response:

"I kicked Taysom Hill out of your lineup. Yup, I did it. We don't start 2 QBs in our league. #ESPN cheat code not welcomed. Everyone here was against it".

What is interesting is that I've had half the league disagree and say they were against him altering anybody's lineup.

I removed league manager duties for my team....which essentially kicked me out. I'm still on the fence about paying the dues, but I figure I most likely will.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, affliction said:

I don’t blame you. Commish is a dummy as well for allowing the league to go unpaid this deep into the season 

It's interesting to see folks' opinion on this one.....seems like the 1st 5 responses were pretty much in agreement that I was in the wrong and that the commish did the right thing.

You've heard time and time again that the only rule is no collusion.....if there is a bad trade w/out collusion you don't veto, etc. Simply rethink inviting members back for the next season.

In this particular case, obviously I didn't hack the system....simply took advantage of a platform exploit. Unable to make any roster changes so it really was a questionable strategy....but should have been my choice IMO.

15 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

My text to the league was the following:

"Modified my lineup w/out saying a word? Have fun setting it the rest of the season".

Here was his response:

"I kicked Taysom Hill out of your lineup. Yup, I did it. We don't start 2 QBs in our league. #ESPN cheat code not welcomed. Everyone here was against it".

What is interesting is that I've had half the league disagree and say they were against him altering anybody's lineup.

I removed league manager duties for my team....which essentially kicked me out. I'm still on the fence about paying the dues, but I figure I most likely will.

Yeah, despite the lopsided responses in here, the overall opinion percentages seem more like 50/50.  Hell, even on the CBS podcast they did a long segment reading emails and got the ruling of their analysts...results were pretty even both ways.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Yeah, despite the lopsided responses in here, the overall opinion percentages seem more like 50/50.  Hell, even on the CBS podcast they did a long segment reading emails and got the ruling of their analysts...results were pretty even both ways.

Adam and the guest expert were pretty deadset against it.  Jamie said something along the lines of if the league agreed that it was ok, then it was ok. 

24 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

It's interesting to see folks' opinion on this one.....seems like the 1st 5 responses were pretty much in agreement that I was in the wrong and that the commish did the right thing.

You've heard time and time again that the only rule is no collusion.....if there is a bad trade w/out collusion you don't veto, etc. Simply rethink inviting members back for the next season.

In this particular case, obviously I didn't hack the system....simply took advantage of a platform exploit. Unable to make any roster changes so it really was a questionable strategy....but should have been my choice IMO.

Taysom Hill @ TE is a bad situation, glad I'm not in an ESPN league.  He should have probably talked to you/the league and got you to agree to not play him at TE, but if you insisted since it's within the rules, I don't think they should be able to do anything about it.  It's really ESPN they are mad at, not you.  That leave it open to change lineups just because in the future.  Hopefully you'll win some $ anyways and it won't matter, but if it causes you to lose, I'd have to think paying or not.  

• Like 1