NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

fantasy has always imo been a game of luck and skill not just pure skill.There will always be surprises like 2020 antonio gibson (lately) and james robinson (all season)

Anyone with a brain knew lamar would regress but how hard he has regressed has been the real surprise. I do think a new oc would do lamar and the whole offense some good but they also lost their stud o lineman due to a retirement and another one due to injury and stuff like that affects the offense.

I have a team with big ben claypool and diontae. Another team with claypool diontae gus edwards and ebron. I know the risk going in and if the game is cancelled so be it. That is the risk of playing in 2020. I still rather play fantasy for fun than to not play at all. There is always variance in fantasy. This year is no diferent in that regard. Hell the seahawks wrs are the poster child for variance. So is derrick henry.

Kamara is now ruined with taysom hill. The catches are over and lat murray is getting more work. I have a league with dhenry kamara ceh (auction and i might sit kamara for deebo next week.WR are fuller diontae tee higgins aghlor deebo. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

Awesome...I get knocked out of a top playoff seed/bye week because of Will Fuller this week, a couple days before he gets suspended. And now the top seed team I'm playing next week has Cooks and will probably go off on me. All the while I have Watson who at the end of the day also takes a hit from this news.

I've dealt with injuries to CMC, Carson, DJ (my entire RB group), Kittle, and Chark only to now lose Fuller????  I'm 6-6 after this week (barring a high-scoring game tonight with massive points from Russ, Carson, and David Moore), but still might make the playoffs if I can pull off a week 13 win.  But with no Fuller, I'm heading into the playoffs with Claypool and Chark at WR, plus WW fodder.  this blows.

Be me. 9-2. First 2 teams get a bye week for playoffs in my league. 1st place is based on record. 2nd place based on points for.

I've held both for 90% of the season. 

Be me. 9-3 after this week. Bench Kenyan Drake for Antonio Brown at 12:52 pm. Season low point total. Second place loses though. Third place wins. 

Top 3 records.

9-3

8-4

8-4

A 7-5 team likely to take the points for bye week after this week.

Be me. With Miles Sanders, Alvin Kamara, Tyler Boyd, and now I guess timeshare Chris Carson watching it all fall apart. Last week of the regular season next week.  Playing against the last place team. Even if I lose, I can still clinch the #1 seed for record based on points for against the other (assumed) 9-4 teams. Going to be about a 50-point margin of error to lose that spot. I feel like it's a statistical improbability that all of this can happen.

It will.

I'll drop out of the bye week. Go quietly in the wildcard with a Week 14 Taysom hill-led Saints offense. 

I have predicted my future.

God help me.

My buddy was up by 1.5 on the last play with his playoff hopes on the line. Facing sanders who hadn’t been in at all on that drive. Just to watch him come in, score that pointless 2 point conversion, and lose by 0.5.

Absolutely insane lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Breesus said:

My buddy was up by 1.5 on the last play with his playoff hopes on the line. Facing sanders who hadn’t been in at all on that drive. Just to watch him come in, score that pointless 2 point conversion, and lose by 0.5.

Absolutely insane lol

Condolences to your buddy.  That sucks.  You play this game long enough and crap like that is bound to happen at some point unfortunately

• Like 1
Just now, newyork2la said:

Condolences to your buddy.  That sucks.  You play this game long enough and crap like that is bound to happen at some point unfortunately

He started out 1-5 and fought all the way back, probably the most brutal loss I’ve seen in a long time

10 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Absolutely insane lol

Well to be fair, Sanders up to that point had the worst running back day of the year.

25 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Absolutely insane lol

I just lost by 0.36 due to that Sanders two point conversion.  Needed the win to stay alive for another week to see if I could sneak into the final Playoff spot.  I would like to send a special shoutout to Derek Carr and his faucet like production of 1.60 points this week.  I hate everyone!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, this guy right here said:

ESPN changed the rules to accommodate weak minded, sore losers.

I don't play ESPN. Wouldn't cry if I did and someone else had Hill at TE.

A few years ago Jaylen Samuels was the starting RB for PIT and the winner of a league I'm in played him at TE right through his playoff run. 
No tears from any of the adults who knew the rules coming in. No one demanded the rules be changed mid season. That is bush league.

Second this. Reactions mostly come from managers who got burned from Hill in the first place, talking about unethical smh.

1. He paid his price with not making any roster moves or pickups this week. (I swapped Hill out of my lineup and played Jonnu instead,nobody cares if I got a big fat goose from him)

2. This non eligable game is common with the IR spots - at least on yahoo. A player is injured, becomes Q on Monday if he is not officially ruled out for a couple of weeks and normally has to be taken out of the IR. If you don't make any adds it's no problem you can just wait he becomes IR eligable on the weekend again. But these days between - you ormally have to take him out if you don't want to be unethical, unhuman or whatever. But nobody cares here.

I don't see a big problem here. A talk at the beginning of the week could have solved this problem most likely. So a bad job from the commisioner.

Edited by dorwell

I'm in a big money auction league, standard scoring. In the last week I lose Swift (strange practice week concussion protocol), Connor (girlfriend with Covid or something like that), and the usual Julio (damn hamstring), my 3 best players though don't know what the heck is up with Connor this season. I put in a blind bid on Hill after Gurley is out and win the bid and start him in a great matchup. He doesn't do hardly anything. I put up a decent effort despite this and of course go up against Gibson's best day ever. I lose and basically am hanging by a thread to make the playoffs. I need help next week and that never happens. I kind of hate fantasy football right now.