NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

I was playing against the worst team in the league. I was in a WIN and I’m IN situation. 

The dude started the Stafford + Marvin Jones stack. Darren Waller. Jonathan Taylor, and the Chiefs kicker. He rounded out his lineup with Ty Johnson (WTF?) and Darrell Henderson. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

If you shared the same unfortunate luck as me by playing against Waller and Kelce subsequently eliminating you from playoff contention, don't feel bad. There's still time for you to parlay Washington and San Fran today and win some of that money back. BOTH games are showing reverse line movement based on public betting trends. Reverse line movement is RARE, and when it comes around the team(s) receiving the lesser percentage of public bets ALMOST always cover. Don't be crazy, don't be lazy. Bet Washington and San Fran today and find some comfort in getting eliminated from your league this week. Good chance WASH even beats PIT outright. Thank me later. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Tenner said:

I was playing against the worst team in the league. I was in a WIN and I’m IN situation. 

The dude started the Stafford + Marvin Jones stack. Darren Waller. Jonathan Taylor, and the Chiefs kicker. He rounded out his lineup with Ty Johnson (WTF?) and Darrell Henderson. 

Wait.... 

My opponent is in last and didn’t set his lineup last week against a team fighting with me for 2nd. He left an inactive Tua and Swift in over Tannehill and Adrian Peterson. He also traded Kelce for tannehill and Hollywood brown earlier this year to the number one team and dropped brown two weeks later but that’s another rant. He picks up Corey Davis and sets his lineup this week against me and of course Tannehill Davis and Peterson go off. I go from 2nd place, first round bye, and $200 to $0 and playing next week. Go **** yourself loser. 

Edited by ty5592
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Aaron Jones means my 56 point cushion heading into Monday is a 42 point cushion (his Josh Allen, Samuel, and Aiyuk tonight). Winner advances and gets minimum $500, $1000 if winning next week. 

Aaron Jones also eliminated me from playoffs in another league because of the TD run. 

And I'm a Bears fan...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tenner said:

this can’t be real

1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

My opponent is in last and didn’t set his lineup last week against a team fighting with me for 2nd. He left an inactive Tua and Swift in over Tannehill and Adrian Peterson. He also traded Kelce for tannehill and Hollywood brown earlier this year to the number one team and dropped brown two weeks later but that’s another rant. He picks up Corey Davis and sets his lineup this week against me and of course Tannehill Davis and Peterson go off. I go from 2nd place, first round bye, and $200 to $0 and playing next week. Go **** yourself loser. 

this is amazing 

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

If you shared the same unfortunate luck as me by playing against Waller and Kelce subsequently eliminating you from playoff contention, don't feel bad. There's still time for you to parlay Washington and San Fran today and win some of that money back. BOTH games are showing reverse line movement based on public betting trends. Reverse line movement is RARE, and when it comes around the team(s) receiving the lesser percentage of public bets ALMOST always cover. Don't be crazy, don't be lazy. Bet Washington and San Fran today and find some comfort in getting eliminated from your league this week. Good chance WASH even beats PIT outright. Thank me later. 

As a RLM bettor myself, I can attest to the fact that it's a solid thing to look out for. Gotta be careful sometimes as lines can move because of injury news and stuff like that. But if it's true RLM then it's usually a solid bet. 

I went on some insane runs (17-1, 7-0, etc) using it. Works equally as well in college sports, as long as the volume of bets and money is substantial enough to actually go off of. 

Havent gambled on sports in years. Making the picks wasnt the hard part for me, it was the money management. Now that I've got a stable career I'd be able to be much more patient and not force any picks, it would be fun to give it another go. 

Just lost out on a playoff spot by a few points.

12 team league, did LOTS of trades early on, had this team stayed healthy it was an easy walk to the championship:

Saquon - RIP

Odell - RIP

Joe Mixon - RIP

Austin Eckler - Basically RIP

Zach Ertz - Basically RIP

Michael Thomas - Killed me early on.

Miles Sanders - Out the middling BYE weeks 

James Conner - COVID

Thats 7 studs (not inc Ertz here) that all went in the top 1-3 rounds. Not even a playoff squad. Put so much time/work in early on.

Edited by Heizz
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Heizz said:

Just lost out on a playoff spot by a few points.

12 team league, did LOTS of trades early on, had this team stayed healthy it was an easy walk to the championship:

Saquon - RIP

Odell - RIP

Joe Mixon - RIP

Austin Eckler - Basically RIP

Zach Ertz - Basically RIP

Michael Thomas - Killed me early on.

Miles Sanders - Out the middling BYE weeks 

James Conner - COVID

Thats 7 studs (not inc Ertz here) that all went in the top 1-3 rounds. Not even a playoff squad. Put so much time/work in early on.

Your definition of stud is different than mine. Beckham had one monster game but otherwise was pretty mediocre. Same with Mixon, one monster game and otherwise utterly mediocre. At least your team dominated in week 4!

WOrst part about these weeks dragging on extra days and extra games, besides pushing waivers back, is the the increased agonizing of bad sit/start decisions while your game result continues to remain up in the air because your opp has a player Tuesday or Wednesday🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, poofinger said:

this is the worst rant ever. 

Nah, it's disheartening as hell knowing that there's like a 95% chance that you already know who's winning the league. Imbalance is not fun. That's worth a rant! 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Your definition of stud is different than mine. Beckham had one monster game but otherwise was pretty mediocre. Same with Mixon, one monster game and otherwise utterly mediocre. At least your team dominated in week 4!

Uhhh what??? In a 12 team league that is a utterly dominating team. 

• Like 1

Justin Herbert, Raheem Mostert, and Terry McLaurin getting me 7 total points; while Tyreek catches a touchdown that Reid doesn’t challenge, and has another reversed for a suspect call; oh and AJ Brown can’t hold onto a ball or cross a plane without fumbling. So cool

6 minutes ago, rizon said:

Justin Herbert, Raheem Mostert, and Terry McLaurin getting me 7 total points; while Tyreek catches a touchdown that Reid doesn’t challenge, and has another reversed for a suspect call; oh and AJ Brown can’t hold onto a ball or cross a plane without fumbling. So cool

On the bright side, if you didn't miss the playoffs completely, that's a pretty good team.

I have a team with AJB, Mostert, and McLaurin on it. All 3 of those guys are on the all-star team of "guys who are awesome but their coaches hate them and never give them he ball enough"*

*real life NFL outcomes not important

5 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I have a team with AJB, Mostert, and McLaurin on it. All 3 of those guys are on the all-star team of "guys who are awesome but their coaches hate them and never give them he ball enough"*

look at their qbs.

6 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Yes for Brown. Shanny always uses a committee, so I don't know if he hates Mostert, but it works. McLaurin's problem is having a shell of a QB who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards anymore. 

Sigh, I had a comfortable lead of 15 or so points with the game closing out with just his Justin tucker going tomorrow. Unfortunately his reed scored a garbage time TD and now I need tucker to score 8 or less to make the playoffs. I guess I have a chance but i fully expect to lose tomorrow.