Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread


Recommended Posts

Must win situation against one of the weakest team in the league.

AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, Antonio Gibson, Hayden Hurst, Michael Pittman.

If Lamar and Dobbins don't score 50+ points together I'm toast. Only silver lining could be that if I lose by 32 or more I fall to the last place in my division and get a better rookie pick for it, but that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

just came back from a lurvely 30 day "vacation" ... feeling fit, relaxed, and groooovy as hell. 

but, errrr ...

1. went on to promptly jinx both King Hendry & the SeaHags, as they both shite their respective beds bigly. 

2. lost in my big $$$$ leeg to a 3-9 squad who fielded a lineup consisting of Baker/McKissic/Gallman/Crowder/Corey/Coutee/Gesicki/Gould/Vikings D.   dood has been lax for the past few weeks, hasn't made a transaction in weeks ... has Breez and Bilgewater as his QBs, and it was between Baker or Phil on the waivers.  he also scooped Coutee, though he could've started his already rostered MJJ in his place and done a bit better, i guess. 

we charge $10 per loss up in that leeg, and if a team hits double digit losses, then the penalty doulbes ... so, if ya lose 9 games you owe $90 - but if ya lose 10, you owe $200, etc. 

guess doughboy rallied the troops to avoid that coin indignation ... meh. 

the loss did not change my playoff seeding (still have first rd bye), but it does slot me into the bracket that has perhaps the more perilous week 15 matchup. 

3. dropped a nice chunk of balloons on Taysom Hill at +110 to score a TD vs the Falconators ... so, what does he do?  he THROWS for two, after running in 4 over the last two games. 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5103837

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth, but every single one of my core players has a huge question mark/problem. 

Watson - no fuller/very weak wr corps

Golladay - vacation

Chark - garbage qb and kind of a bust all year

Carson - still hurting, low volume

Gibson - injured, probably done

Claypool - losing snaps just because? 

Goedert - new qb 

C. Samuel - covid

Pittman - hilton coming to life

It's times like these I just thank God I have my trusty younghoe, who never lets me down. 

Edited by Drewfus
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

2. lost in my big $$$$ leeg to a 3-9 squad who fielded a lineup consisting of Baker/McKissic/Gallman/Crowder/Corey/Coutee/Gesicki/Gould/Vikings D.   dood has been lax for the past few weeks, hasn't made a transaction in weeks ... has Breez and Bilgewater as his QBs, and it was between Baker or Phil on the waivers.  he also scooped Coutee, though he could've started his already rostered MJJ in his place and done a bit better, i guess. 

 

Did that guy get his entire roster from waivers? Jeez

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth, but every single one of my core players has a huge question mark/problem. 

Watson - no fuller/very weak wr corps

Golladay - vacation

Chark - garbage qb and kind of a bust all year

Carson - still hurting, low volume

Gibson - injured, probably done

Claypool - losing snaps just because? 

Goedert - new qb 

C. Samuel - covid

Pittman - hilton coming to life

It's times like these I just thank God I have my trusty younghoe, who never lets me down. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

 

Did that guy get his entire roster from waivers? Jeez

 

pretty much ... cat's draft started out Saquon/Kittle/Bell ... also had Fuller.  

as i said, he hasn't been making too many moves lately ... he had Gallman since the Barkley injury, and has been starting Gesicki on the reg the past month or so. 

Corey was scooped last month, Coutee last week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 8:28 AM, Tenner said:

I was playing against the worst team in the league. I was in a WIN and I’m IN situation. 

The dude started the Stafford + Marvin Jones stack. Darren Waller. Jonathan Taylor, and the Chiefs kicker. He rounded out his lineup with Ty Johnson (WTF?) and Darrell Henderson. 

The Ty Johnson part can't be real. I would rage. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my 30-team deep dynasty league, I not only lose my only starting QB (Carson Wentz) to the bench and have to play the second best team in the conference next week, but one of my other playoff competitors has Jalen Hurts as HIS only QB.  Oh and I have no backfield either because Barkley and Rex Burkhead both are done till 2021, well more accurately my backfield is a couple of meh backups (Alfred Morris and Peyton Barber).

Edited by AllWrightNow
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gatman012 said:

Sigh, I had a comfortable lead of 15 or so points with the game closing out with just his Justin tucker going tomorrow. Unfortunately his reed scored a garbage time TD and now I need tucker to score 8 or less to make the playoffs. I guess I have a chance but i fully expect to lose tomorrow.

Called it, tucker scored exactly 9 😡. F fantasy football

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, thebadferret said:

Must win situation against one of the weakest team in the league.

AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, Antonio Gibson, Hayden Hurst, Michael Pittman.

If Lamar and Dobbins don't score 50+ points together I'm toast. Only silver lining could be that if I lose by 32 or more I fall to the last place in my division and get a better rookie pick for it, but that's it.

 

Instead of being in the playoffs I now hold the #10 pick (first team not to make it) and instead of the pick I traded for being #2, the team won as a 40 point underdog and now it's pick #5 fml

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Most fantasy points scored in league. Yet record is 5-8 and I miss playoffs, thanks 2020.

Example number 7,124,483 as to why head-to-head leagues are bad and stupid. You should be in the playoffs.

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This team went 4-9 and 8th place out of 10. Injuries(Golladay, A.Jones, AJ Brown, Goedert) underperformers(Zeke, Hurst) and just plain bad luck(Avg'd 152pts against the first 6 weeks). I'd put this team against most anyone on a weekly basis.

QB - Watson, Goff

RB - Zeke, A.Jones, Dobbins, Edmonds, J.Williams

WR - Diggs, AJ Brown, Golladay, McLaurin, Claypool, Higgins, Pittman

TE - Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, laracco said:

This team went 4-9 and 8th place out of 10. Injuries(Golladay, A.Jones, AJ Brown, Goedert) underperformers(Zeke, Hurst) and just plain bad luck(Avg'd 152pts against the first 6 weeks). I'd put this team against most anyone on a weekly basis.

QB - Watson, Goff

RB - Zeke, A.Jones, Dobbins, Edmonds, J.Williams

WR - Diggs, AJ Brown, Golladay, McLaurin, Claypool, Higgins, Pittman

TE - Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki

I feel like Zeke, and the randomness of TE, really killed this team. Everyone else there has been solid. Even with the KG injury, WR looks fine, and Jones has been great for your RB2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I have CMC, Golladay, Kittle, and Mixon on one roster...

Man, if you could just magically get there, all of those guys could be back week 16, and you'd steamroll the championship. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Most fantasy points scored in league. Yet record is 5-8 and I miss playoffs, thanks 2020.

 

I'm in a 12 team ppr league.  4 make the playoffs.  Team with best record. Of the remaining 11, team with most points. Of the remaining 10, team with best record.  Of the remaining 9, team with most points.  Regular season, week one and week 13 are a play all week.  So top 6 get a win.  You play every team head to head once.  Playoffs are over a 3 week period.  Total points wins.  You start playoff week one with your average point total over the 13 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Man, if you could just magically get there, all of those guys could be back week 16, and you'd steamroll the championship. 

I know right smh. I just have to get through week 15, although that will be impossible without CMC

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

 

I'm in a 12 team ppr league.  4 make the playoffs.  Team with best record. Of the remaining 11, team with most points. Of the remaining 10, team with best record.  Of the remaining 9, team with most points.  Regular season, week one and week 13 are a play all week.  So top 6 get a win.  You play every team head to head once.  Playoffs are over a 3 week period.  Total points wins.  You start playoff week one with your average point total over the 13 weeks.


That’s not confusing at all. Needs more rules and stipulations. In small print. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...