NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

14 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

That’s not confusing at all. Needs more rules and stipulations. In small print. 

The highest scoring TE in week 3 is then multiplied by 1/8th of the lowest scoring RB in week 2, and added to the total points of the 5th highest scoring team in week 4...

Still, that convoluted system is better than straight head-to-head.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

That’s not confusing at all. Needs more rules and stipulations. In small print. 

The way he explained it was little confusing.  But its the system they use in high stakes fantasy.  Gets the six best teams in playoffs.

long term pre-vent incoming....

My dynasty team has had a great season. I'm the #1 seed heading in to the playoffs (4 teams out of 12, weeks 14 and 15, all playoff matchups have already been decided). 

Unfortunately 

A - we use divisions in our league, 3 divisions of 4 each 

B - do not reseed for the playoffs

C - one of the divisions really really sucks. 

That means instead of getting to play the s---y team that won the s---y division in the first round my reward for a wonderful regular season is getting matched up against the wild card team, which is the the 2nd best team in the league based on points scored and record. He would've easily won either of the other 2 divisions, he was just unlucky to be in mine. He has Derrick Henry going against Detroit during week 15. Meanwhile the 2 seed gets to play a team that will end up with either 2 or 3 fewer wins than the team I'm playing. 

******** ugh. 

I'm really tired of analysts referring to players and players' situations as "gross." 

I mean . . . are they trying to sound like 16 year old girls from 1982 these douchebags?

I don't know who started it, but each time I hear it I want to see the perpetrator standing at the fifty yard line, and the player they called "gross" charge them in full pads from the goal line and just knock the dog piss outta them.

• Like 1

I am by far the top scorer in one of my leagues, and I also have the most points scored against, which shouldn't happen since I'm never facing myself. Because of so many points scored against me, I missed a bye week, and now am set to face the highest projected scorer in the league besides myself. 

And now it looks like McCaffrey won't play either. This league has been extra bad luck for me all year.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I am by far the top scorer in one of my leagues, and I also have the most points scored against, which shouldn't happen since I'm never facing myself. Because of so many points scored against me, I missed a bye week, and now am set to face the highest projected scorer in the league besides myself. 

And now it looks like McCaffrey won't play either. This league has been extra bad luck for me all year.

I'm right there with you. I set the record for most points ever scored in a season for our league (15 years), and somehow finished 8-5 to miss a bye week. I'm now projected to lose in the first round because my opponent has every single dream matchup imaginable, and I have CEH/Mostert/Goedert who all of a sudden turned into liabilities that might all score single digits this week.

42 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm right there with you. I set the record for most points ever scored in a season for our league (15 years), and somehow finished 8-5 to miss a bye week. I'm now projected to lose in the first round because my opponent has every single dream matchup imaginable, and I have CEH/Mostert/Goedert who all of a sudden turned into liabilities that might all score single digits this week.

how did you set records with those 3 guys as key cogs on your team?

Just now, dakimbell said:

how did you set records with those 3 guys as key cogs on your team?

I also have Watson, Derrick Henry, Adams, Calvin Ridley, Steelers D, and Koo. Had a couple big weeks from my Steelers/Koo combo, Watson was rolling, and Adams and Henry have been elite (traded for Henry in week 4). I also had Tee Higgins/Gio providing some decent games from my flex spot until Burrow went down. Also started off hot when Ridley and Jonnu Smith were balling out. Unfortunately things look a lot different now, and a few of my key players have given me zero confidence in starting them this week.

18 hours ago, Proteus said:

I'm really tired of analysts referring to players and players' situations as "gross." 

I mean . . . are they trying to sound like 16 year old girls from 1982 these douchebags?

I don't know who started it, but each time I hear it I want to see the perpetrator standing at the fifty yard line, and the player they called "gross" charge them in full pads from the goal line and just knock the dog piss outta them.

Trying to be cool/hip...

spacer.png

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 1

I'm in a 12 team league that only has 4 teams make the playoffs, so this week is actually the last regular season game. Top 3 seeds based on record get in while the 4th is by total points. Currently 9-4 and the #2 seed and will be playing the #1 seed this week. There's a ton of teams behind me at 8-5 so I pretty much need to win to make the playoffs since I don't think I'll be next in line by points.

Oh and I'll be playing this week without CMC, Golladay, Kittle, Gibson. Goodnight.

18 hours ago, Proteus said:

I bet you love it when analysts call a player "unsexy". 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

I'm in a 12 team league that only has 4 teams make the playoffs, so this week is actually the last regular season game. Top 3 seeds based on record get in while the 4th is by total points. Currently 9-4 and the #2 seed and will be playing the #1 seed this week. There's a ton of teams behind me at 8-5 so I pretty much need to win to make the playoffs since I don't think I'll be next in line by points.

Oh and I'll be playing this week without CMC, Golladay, Kittle, Gibson. Goodnight.

to be fair you haven't had 3 out of 4 of those guys for almost 2 months so...you got this!

(Gibson going down sucks)

I have a similar 4 team playoff dilemma

I’m in second place tied at 8-5 with 3 other teams. Have a significant points lead over all of them but we all have different opponents this week, so if I lose and all 3 of them win I’m out.

To make matters worse I’m facing the first place 10-3 juggernaut team, while two of the others are facing the bottom two teams in our league who are both projected to score well under 100 points this week.

so I’ll basically have to win out against the top team in our league unless one of those bottom tier teams decides to blow up this week and play spoiler.

not the worst situation to be in but definitely gonna keep me on edge until that final 4 is locked in stone.

Edited by JDE

Lost $700 on that last extra point from Tucker. We do a payout for total regular season points leader and after 13 weeks I lost by .7 points.......... .7

So many what ifs rifle through your brain when you lose that much money by such a microscopic amount. I mean.. Odell couldn't catch one ball against Cincy before he tore his ACL? Losing two points on the Deshaun botched snap "fumble" last week.. losing Diontae and Jonnu and Ridley early in games.. I could go on for hours. It's just a kick in the nuts. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

Lost $700 on that last extra point from Tucker. We do a payout for total regular season points leader and after 13 weeks I lost by .7 points.......... .7

So many what ifs rifle through your brain when you lose that much money by such a microscopic amount. I mean.. Odell couldn't catch one ball against Cincy before he tore his ACL? Losing two points on the Deshaun botched snap "fumble" last week.. losing Diontae and Jonnu and Ridley early in games.. I could go on for hours. It's just a kick in the nuts. 

Damn dude...yeah the Watson fumble hurt the most bc it wasn't even really him, just got charged to him.