2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

Had a good team blew up the last two weeks to get knocked out of the playoffs... brutal end...I'd tell you I am effing pissed but what good does it do... no one did anything about it today...everyone under produced

Edited by hard1

Love how the Week started off with my opponent switching out Godwin for Cam Akers right before the Thursday Night Game..then Friday Julio is Ruled Out..then comes the big teases..opponent leaves Cooks in his lineup AND Montgomery starts the day off with an 80 yard TD (!!!!) but not even a minute later herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's AJ Brown to shut that up and then Henry starts just destroying me. Everything looks Bleak until in the afternoon game I get two quick TY and Russ TD's..hey might be in this! Nah..Rodgers ends up with 3 Passing and 1 Rushing (I had Rodgers last year when he was a POS..fitting he does me in), TY and Russ get basically pulled in the 4th..Hurts saps Goedert's Value and now I need a miracle 22 pt performance in a 1/2 point PPR from Dionte Johnson. I know I won't get and that's not reverse psychology, I never get Miracle BS..only have Miracle BS happen against me. And once again like all season, my points were great, would've beaten the other two teams in the 1st round, but play the one team in the league that can outscore. It's why my record was 5-8 and I got in by points. Another non championship year in the books

Edited by CPuente57
27 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Had a good team blew up the last two weeks to get knocked out of the playoffs... brutal end...I'd tell you I am effing pissed but what good does it do... no one did anything about it today...everyone under produced

Yep. Not much you can do man. Head to head fantasy is a crapshoot. The minute I took this “game” less seriously and realized how much luck is involved the more fun I’ve had with it. Went 11-2 this year and will most likely lose in the 1st round to my opponent who I beat last week by 40. Nothing I can do but shrug and move on. 10 years ago I would have let it eat at me for weeks but there’s no point. I’m actually kind of relieved this season is over. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Yep. Not much you can do man. Head to head fantasy is a crapshoot. The minute I took this “game” less seriously and realized how much luck is involved the more fun I’ve had with it. Went 11-2 this year and will most likely lose in the 1st round to my opponent who I beat last week by 40. Nothing I can do but shrug and move on. 10 years ago I would have let it eat at me for weeks but there’s no point. I’m actually kind of relieved this season is over. 

I appreciate this post man.. been a rough year and actually thought a effing game was gonna make stuff better only to be let down... I know the last thing I should take seriously but when dudes are cooking you get caught up, then they don't even simmer its a heartbreaker... hope you and yours are doing well and good luck in the new year...

• Like 2

I just want to thank both crappy NYC area teams for screwing me i two totally different ways today. The Giants gave up a million points to my opponent's Cards DST and then the Jets are so bad my Russ didn't have to play even to the end of the 3rd quarter. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I appreciate this post man.. been a rough year and actually thought a effing game was gonna make stuff better only to be let down... I know the last thing I should take seriously but when dudes are cooking you get caught up, then they don't even simmer its a heartbreaker... hope you and yours are doing well and good luck in the new year...

Of course bro. I feel you, FF is such an easy thing to get addicted to and it sucks to lose but at the end of the day, all you can do is set your lineup and hope for the best outcome. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t Hope things get better and good luck to you as well. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Trading Stafford AJ brown, Montgomery, and mike Davis for Matt Ryan josh Jacobs and leveon bell was probably the worst trade I’ve ever made.

followed by Deshaun Watson for mike Evans two weeks before.

The team I played in the championship last year and I (who won) finished 14th and 13th lol

RIP 2020 season

Just now, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Trading Stafford AJ brown, Montgomery, and mike Davis for Matt Ryan josh Jacobs and leveon bell was probably the worst trade I’ve ever made.

followed by Deshaun Watson for mike Evans two weeks before.

The team I played in the championship last year and I (who won) finished 14th and 13th lol

RIP 2020 season

I thought: wow I’m getting a top 5-7 qb, 3-5 RB, and serviceable RB3 for QB2 level Stafford, AJB on a covid struck titans team, mike Davis who will be gone in 2 weeks and scrub Montgomery who will lose passing work to cordarelle Patterson.

oops

One more thing to sign off on...I just think it's hilarious and appropriate for Fantasy Football that on a team with Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Golladay Saquon Barkley (I know.he was hurt early but he was my 1st rd pick) Russell Wilson and "breakout" guys like Dionte Johnson, James Robinson, and Justin Jefferson, the two of my highest scorers when it mattered the most were...TY HILTON AND DAVID MONTGOMERY

When I start Carr he craps bed, I sit him he goes off.. Rivers threw for 39 yards in 2nd half - my playoffs work that 3-6 and 7th is most points do a roto where top 2 points move on. Carr would have given me 12 more points. 1 guy had Taylor another had Sanders (where he has done D*ck all year) - right now I am 14 down with his Connor and Pitt D vs Tucker. Guy with Sanders moved on so basically I need a miracle. Jacobs today failed me, Higgins has no QB Rivers again GHOST in 2nd half, maybe this makes a difference, 

Without Gibson, I throw in Gio he gets benched on first carry.  Johnson survives about 5 minutes of the 1st quarter to get benched.  Can someone tell me the odds of having two players benched, the same week, and having them in my lineup?  Should I buy a lotto ticket or just admit the universe is conspiring against me?

• Like 1

Lost CMC, kittle, AJB all early on. Cmc and Kittle came back and got hurt again. Traded for Golladsy the day before he got hurt. CMC still out and next week i have to face the guy who has J. Taylor vs the Texans D, Ekeler vs Raiders, and Akers vs the Jets plus Rams DST vs the Jets.

If CMC doesn't come back its Mike Davis and either Conner, Hunt, or Jeff Wilson for me 😑

2 hours ago, MingusDew said:

I love you Scary Terry but you just cost me my season.

Aaron Jones too. Not the time for a single digit game you clown.

Lost my week after having Rams DST put my projection 25+ pts above my opponent because of Mclaurin, Aaron Jones, and benching Sanders for Kenyan Drake. I wanted to start Amari over McLaurin but got talked out of it by the internet. Shouldve went with my gut. See you guys next year...

20 minutes ago, CLE89 said:

Lost my week after having Rams DST put my projection 25+ pts above my opponent because of Mclaurin, Aaron Jones, and benching Sanders for Kenyan Drake. I wanted to start Amari over McLaurin but got talked out of it by the internet. Shouldve went with my gut. See you guys next year...

Mclaurin will be on a lot of teams that got eliminated by narrow margins this week.  Mine included.  

• Like 2

Lost by 0.4 points in PPR.....

- Had Parker leave early with a 0.

- Had Gio get benched with first carry fumble.

- Had Diontae get benched with drops.

- Had Conner get 1.8pts.

Edited by Heizz
8 hours ago, yossarian said:

unfortunately it's looking like RBB is the future of the sport. At some point I'm assuming 95% of teams will be RBBC and a 3-down back will be a true and wondrous unicorn. 

The future?  The future is now and has been for years.